cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoPay and changing plan for future date

chrstyles
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My current plan is $62, I recently elected to sign up for autopay after I paid my first month. My plan is also scheduled to change from the current one to a cheaper plan on my next billing date. However, my account portal still shows that the estimated amount due will be $62. I am concerned that my card will be charged for $62 and my plan will revert to the new one of my choice, resulting in a credit balance of $22 (?) because the plan change and autopay charge will occur at the same time. I would like to know so I can take action to prevent this as having a credit balance doesn't work for my budget. Can anyone provide some insight?

6 REPLIES 6

Xylene
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That makes sense thanks 

@Xylene, the payment date is August 30th.  What that means is, if you’re not on AutoPay, that is the day you must load funds by voucher or credit card to renew a plan.

August 31 is the actual plan change date.  The system should only take the funds required to pay for the plan you are changing to.

Xylene
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there

On my Overview page it shows that my plan with renew on Aug 30th(with the old plan amount) 

When I future dated a plan it says it will be active on Aug 31st.

Would I get charged twice or the system will take care of the Aug 30th?

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

in the unusual case of system messed up your payment, one of the mods will surely make the adjustment back for you.

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@chrstyles You don’t have to worry about that it showed $62 now because you’re still on your old plan. On renewal date it’ll charge the amount on your new plan only so you don’t need to worry about that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chrstyles, the system will only take what it needs for the new plan on the renewal date.  Until then, the system will assume you are staying on the old plan (even though it will clearly show a new plan will start on the renewal date).  Auto-pay, rewards, etc are al adjusted just prior to the renewal payment being processed.

Need Help? Let's chat.