cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Renew Failed

Ngoik
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Has anyone had this issue before? There was more than enough money in the account to cover the cost, but the auto renew failed and my account was suspended? Normally I get a text reminder, than a confirmation, but I didn't get either. 

8 REPLIES 8

@Ngoik wrote:

it said suspended, but I payed manually and it came back pretty quick. I have auto transfer set up to transfer more than enough, a few days before the payment. So i know funds weren't low. I guess it was just a glitch. 

For the sake of clarity, could you elaborate a bit? PM has autopay, via credit card, or Visa debit, to pay the amount owing each month(30 days), but the part you wrote, which I put in bold, above, SOUNDS as though you're talking about something else. If you WERE referring to the normal autopay, yes, there is a glitch in their system, in which the autopay does fail occasionally, i.e. some people go for years without failure, and others sign up here, and it fails within the first couple of months.... all very random. If, however, you were talking about something else,("auto transfer set up to transfer more than enough") and there WERE more than enough funds in your account, BEFORE the renewal date, then your service never should have been suspended.

Ngoik

@hairbag1 thanks for the info! It's been changed.

Good to see you got things going again. Even though you have a cc set to Autopay; occasionally Autopay fails... as you found out. Good practice is to have $$ in Available Funds ahead of renewal.

I do appreciate you selecting my answer as your SOLUTION, but I think @geopublic got it going for you rather than my answer. I know he'd also appreciate the SOLUTION too. You can edit / change it by clicking on the 3 little dots in top right hand side of original envelope.

Thanks @Ngoik 

Ngoik

@hairbag1 it said suspended, but I payed manually and it came back pretty quick. I have auto transfer set up to transfer more than enough, a few days before the payment. So i know funds weren't low. I guess it was just a glitch. 

Ngoik

@geopublic    I had to manually pay, and my service came back. Seems to be ok for now. Auto Pay has been fine since i joined, so i just wanted to see if it was just a glitch, or if other people were experiencing issues too. Thanks! 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

When is your next renewal date ? As suggested by @geopublic , if your phone features are currently working and your renewal is tonight...do nothing. It'll be fine tomorrow morning. During the renewal process your account will show EXPIRED then SUSPENDED, but will renew as long as you have either sufficient $$ in Available Funds or a valid credit card set to Autopay.

Either way...good idea to manually add $$ to your Available Funds a few days ahead of renewal. Seems to make the process happy.

Let us know what happens.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Ngoiksince AutoPay had failed on me in the first month, I have now made sure I had sufficient available funds in my account. I still have AutoPay set-up and it looks to my account first, then my credit card...but, for whatever reason why, at that time, my AutoPay didn't work properly for the credit card. 

So, I make sure I have enough funds in my account and pay manually. I make sure I have enough funds for 3 months. And it seems to be working on a plan. It's a good habit to get into because it seems about two weeks ago, the self-serve accounts were down, and so, maybe for some, the accounts were suspended. 

Trust me, I haven't had an issue since I have done this. No more suspended accounts! Again, add a pre-amount before the due date (a week before) is good. Make sure you have enough funds to pay for your next payment. 

As you can see in my screenshot, my available funds are $51, and my next payment cycle is $40. And the amount owing is $0. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 8.18.05 AM.png

If my available funds were $2 with a payment cycle at $40. My amount may show you an owing amount would be $38.00 (the following screenshot has been modified in Photoshop, to show you what I mean).

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 8.19.53 AM.png

I hope this helps a bit?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Ngoik  If your phone is currently working ignore the message. Everything will be back to normal by tomorrow. If your device is not working then it means Auto-Pay failed (It happens from time to time). In that case try making a manual payment and hitting the re-activate button via selfserve.

Need Help? Let's chat.