cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication failed/recover a post/draft

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I was commenting on a post....and I had something to say. When i hit post "Authentication Failed" came up and the post disappeared. Is it possible to recover the draft? Or did I just have too much to say? Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

If you only have one draft and you either delete it or post it the box it was in will disappear along with the title "Drafts". By making a short one word post and not actually posting it rather change pages for example you will save it as a draft and you will be able to find the saved draft under your posts in your profile. Otherwise when empty it's hidden.

Btw...it appears my post was too long...once posted it cut off the final third of my original rant/post. I had to come up with a new summation not sure if it's better or worse. Cheers!

Aha thank you. Firstly for suggesting saving portions of a post but after a better search of my profile I found the drafts section under my posts. You learn something new everyday.. .lots of something's on the community.

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

I was commenting on a post....and I had something to say. When i hit post "Authentication Failed" came up and the post disappeared. Is it possible to recover the draft? Or did I just have too much to say? Thanks

It seems to autosave a lot while typing comments but I have no idea where the draft is saved. Did you try to reply to the same comment again to see if it popped up? Hopefully someone who knows more about this can chime in!

In the future if you get an error you can try to hit back on your browser and sometimes it keeps the info. I usually copy long messages to my clipboard just in case of failure. I haven't had it happen here yet but it's a common thing all over the internet. There are even add ons for browsers that save your forms/messages!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@darlicious Click on your Profile icon and check to see if a draft copy is there.

No I don't think so but quite possibly too long.....it was a bit of schooling for some commentors on a non pm subject. Just like that draft I just have to let it go...........

@darlicious wrote:

Hmmm...i wasn't trying to edit just hit post. I think I had too much to say. Is there a limit to how many characters in a post or blog? It was a long one....

I haven't heard of any restrictions on the number of characters, but another poster had problems with his posts disappearing because his posts were very long with many photos etc.

You can view it here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Retail/Public-Mobile-at-the-Montr%C3%A9al-Pierre-Elli...

But I don't think that's your problem?

Hmmm...i wasn't trying to edit just hit post. I think I had too much to say. Is there a limit to how many characters in a post or blog? It was a long one....

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@darlicious  Posts usually disappear if you try and edit too quickly after posting.  I've had few disappear too.  As far as I know there is no way to retrieve them either:)

Gosh darn it. That happens sometimes when your passionate about something. A little like public mobile no matter how much we want to love it sometimes it crashes on you.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

I've been getting a few errors in red today to. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Don't think so 😭

Need Help? Let's chat.