cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you still keeping your $90 90-day 1GB plan?

homer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

PM has recently removed the $90 90-day 1GB plan, and offered more and more data to its monthly plans (incl. the promo) as we are all aware of. I am just curious about whether our community members are still keeping their grandfathered $90 90-day plan. As a student, I have Wi-Fi coverage at home and campus, so 1GB for 90-day works perfect. Although I am unsure what my needs will be after my graduation, I cannot switch back to this wonderful $90 plan if I jump into the boat of the promo. Thus, I decided to keep it. What do you guys think? Did you switch to the $120 90-day 12GB promo plan? 

8 REPLIES 8

layman520
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Trust me, u definitely need more in the future, better go get 12G plan, only 10 more per month, worth it

homer

@McLaren I agree with you. I don't need it for now. Future is unpredictable. Maybe I will keep my current plan. 

homer

Thanks for mentioning the regular 6GB 90-day option, @jordanharris01

I feel that for my regular usage, 2GB per month would be more than enough as well. I guess I won't feel regreted if it drops back to 6GB (most of the time)... 

vn33
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I agree with those who recommend signing up with the current Fall promo.

When you look at the cost, you are only paying $10 more a month. That's like less than a few coffees a month? However, I won't presume to know your situation so in the end, you will need to determine if it's worth it.

All I can say is with the current mobile plan situation, this is a very generous amount of data, on a national network, and by far the best bang-for-buck mobile data plan at this moment.

I don't recall what the 90 for 90 plan was, as I just missed out on those as I signed up after the new plans were released.

I think it had Canada-Wide calling?  The current plan has only Provincal

I think the text is now greater, being the only option is Global Txt.

As I'm currently on the $120 6GB plan, and have future dated my plan change, as it's the same price for twice the data, it was a simple no brainer for me.

Losing the ability to nation wide call (if it is in the 90 for 90) could be an issue for some, but I only require province wide.

jordanharris01
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm with sxc on this one. Your point is that you decided to keep it as, once the plans gone it's gone, but this plan will also be gone in 4 days and, I'm assuming, drop from 12GB to 6GB/90 days.

To me, having the flexibility for the slight increase in price is worth it... you could always bring it down through referrals and whatnot as some people have dropped their 90 day bill from $120 to $80... I've only managed to get it down to $100 but I'm still happy with that!

sxc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For ~$10 more per month you're getting 12x more data. I would say it's worth it and it'll give you more flexibility in the future! 

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you don't need it, then save the money.   Maybe a different promo will come out in the future... maybe not, depends on your situation. 

Need Help? Let's chat.