cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are public mobile SIMS NFC compatible

joshkoopman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Working on setting up ugo wallet.  I have an old PM SIM.  Are the new SIMS NFC compatible?

5 REPLIES 5

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@joshkoopman

To answer your question, the SIM cards we have are not NFC enabled. However, it would be a great suggestion to add it to the Public lab if you haven't already done so 🙂

Cheers!

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @deltatux, the NFC feature works without sim card.  BUT, to use the banking apps to tap and pay, they require both the NFC enabled device, as well as an NFC sim card.  

Its probably for our own security so only one device with the identity verified sim card is able to authorize tap payment.. so that your payment apps can't be cloned to another device by hackers.. or if your phone is lost/stolen, as soon as you call the phone provider and disable that sim card, the payment app becomes useless.   

Chicklets
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You need a NFC sim to use your phone to pay for items in stores, shops etc.

deltatux

@joshkoopman wrote:

Working on setting up ugo wallet.  I have an old PM SIM.  Are the new SIMS NFC compatible?

@joshkoopman,

Does it currently not work? I use NFC currently and it works even without a SIM card, great with pairing Bluetooth devices or transferring files between 2 devices.

Cheers!

Chicklets

Not yet but maybe in the future

Need Help? Let's chat.