cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are our numbers being sold for marketing?

Lumute
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am a new PM customer, have been for less than a month and happy with it so far.

That said, I have noticed over the last couple of weeks the number of automated telemarketer calls has increased considerably telling me I won something or I am pre-approved for something, etc.

I am getting about 4 of these calls per week and before was only getting maybe 1 per month or so...

I was wondering if this is just coincidence or if other people has experienced the same? I know PM is not a common carrier and use a different business approach to be able to offer lower prices, so selling the user database for marketing purposes seams possible, but surely it would be well known by everyone here...

5 REPLIES 5

jordanharris01
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I doubt they're being sold as well,but last night I got a call from a local number, was confused as to who it was and he said I had just called him, my number came up on his call display and he phoned me back, but I have never called that number. Quite odd.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Doubt our numbers are "sold". For me they seem to ebb and flow. I control them by blocking each number as it appears and registering here.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ajanda
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

During the first week when i had ported over I had noticed an increase in telemarketing calls/ junk calls but all the numbers came from a number that is similar to mine. For example lets say your number is 647-209-3330. The spam call will always be 647-209-**** the last 4 digits are different but the number is similar to your own number. I used to get these type of calls on my previous provider as well. The calls would happen occasionally but not all the time.

After the first week, I have never got any telemarketing calls at the moment. I just label the numbers under a contact name as "Junk".

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This must be coincidence. I've been with Public Mobile for 7 months now and never got those kind of calls.

rkreddyb4u
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I dont think so, I never received any tele marketing call 

Need Help? Let's chat.