cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are BRAVOS now called KUDO’s ? Interesting name

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I was doing a search for something in the community and started to see Bravos called Kudo’s. For example 4 Kudos. Interesting name to get the brand out there more esp to PM users.

16 REPLIES 16

torontokris

Shows up in searches... even for a post from yesterday so it’s not something from really old posts etc 

http://tinypic.com/r/2qdybmf/9

ckl

I've had a combination of both. In the end, whether it's bravos or kudos, you're doing the right thing.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CalgaryBen wrote:

I think it all boils down to configuration/customizations, but for some reason isn't consistent (bug in the Lithium community software?).

I've seen this show up as "Likes" at other corporations running the Lithium software, and suspect that might be the default out-of-the-package term.  For example look at the community/forum at parent company Telus, who also uses Lithium.  Same with the likes (no pun intended) of Comcast.  I think PM is trying to be hip with the renaming to Bravos/Kudos!

Interestingly, Koodo uses Get Satisfaction for their community forum software.  The term there is "Likes" as well.

@CalgaryBen indeed, the Koodo community is really quite lame compared to the PM community.  In particular there's no private messaging, quoting doesn't show the username of the person you're quoting, and I'm sure there's other limitations I don't recall off the top of my head.

FYI the Bose community is on Lithium and uses "Like".  I suspect it's the Lithium default term.  I'd also guess PM didn't consistently update the branding in every possible configuration spot which is why you occasionally see the term Kudo instead.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I think it all boils down to configuration/customizations, but for some reason isn't consistent (bug in the Lithium community software?).

I've seen this show up as "Likes" at other corporations running the Lithium software, and suspect that might be the default out-of-the-package term.  For example look at the community/forum at parent company Telus, who also uses Lithium.  Same with the likes (no pun intended) of Comcast.  I think PM is trying to be hip with the renaming to Bravos/Kudos!

Interestingly, Koodo uses Get Satisfaction for their community forum software.  The term there is "Likes" as well.

@stonechucker wrote:

@ShawnC13, I believe the subtle change happened when the forum software went through its major update.  The first couple bravos remain bravos, once you hit 3 or 4 the kudo is used.

They're always going to be Bravos to me.

That's the way it used to be for me, maybe a about a year ago.

However, when I look ay my notifications now, it will even say bravoed even if it says from 4, 5, or more people. Kudos are non-existent for me.

@ShawnC13, I believe the subtle change happened when the forum software went through its major update.  The first couple bravos remain bravos, once you hit 3 or 4 the kudo is used.

They're always going to be Bravos to me.

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@krazykiwi wrote:

I haven't been here long but like Computergeek, I have not seen Kudo used.

I have also not seen Kudo used!!! 

I've only always seen bravoed...haven't send kudoed once..this is all news to me lol

@Someone_here wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Someone_here wrote:

@krazykiwi@computergeek541, well, in my notifications there are only kudos... Weird!

@Someone_here That is weird as Computergeek as been registered longer than you have....

I don't think it is related to registration date...

No, what I was getting at was if it was the way it used to be and they changed it but didn't make it retroactive than Computergeek should be Kudo's too!

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Someone_here wrote:

@krazykiwi@computergeek541, well, in my notifications there are only kudos... Weird!

@Someone_here That is weird as Computergeek as been registered longer than you have....

I don't think it is related to registration date...

@Someone_here wrote:

LoL, I think so!

EDIT:

Ok, really weird, I don't get it... When I first read this thread I went just to check in my notifications and ALL of them said "XXXXX kudoed XXXXX".

Then I post this reply, and I went back seconds later, and all notifications are now "XXXXX bravoed XXXXX".

Anybody has an explaination?! Maybe PM's glitch ghost is playing with us... 😉

I haven't been here long but like Computergeek, I have not seen Kudo used.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@torontokris wrote:

I was doing a search for something in the community and started to see Bravos called Kudo’s. For example 4 Kudos. Interesting name to get the brand out there more esp to PM users.

Has been like this for as long as I  can remember. Bravos in the threads and Kudos in the notification list.

I haven't seen "kudo" in a really long time in the notification list. I think I read some theory that it used to say kudo when the post was bravoed by more than 2 people or something like that.  The terms were used interchangably, but now for my notifications, it always says bravo.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@torontokris wrote:

Has been like this for as long as I  can remember. Bravos in the threads and Kudos in the notification list.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Kind of like subliminal advertisement. 

Need Help? Let's chat.