cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App

Pixie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there going to be an app to download in the near future? Something that can connect me to the community and my account? I hope so... 😊

9 REPLIES 9

@slash407, I don't know how long you've been here at Public Mobile, but when members such as myself and @srlawren who have been here from mid-2016 and sometime in 2015 tell you the history, we're telling you what has happened, and that most likely, it will continue as such.

Sure, a miracle might happen, but the last miracle I heard about happened about 2018 years ago, and I really don't believe in that one.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Pixie further to this info from @stonechucker....

@stonechucker wrote:

If you want an easy to use and access data tracker on Android, I point you to Data Witness PM.  @IWIK is a subscriber of the service, and has created this tool specifically for Public Mobile customers.

...you can check out more on Data Witness, and if you like what yo usee, you can download the free-to-PM users version here.

If you're looking for an app for self-serve and/or community and use Android, look here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Very-Partial-workaround-for-lack-of-P...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Pixie, if you search the forums, you'll notice this is an often asked and answered question.

Sister company Koodo *had* an app, they shut it down, as the customers preferred the website interface more.

You will not see an app for Public Mobile self serve.

If you want an easy to use and access data tracker on Android, I point you to Data Witness PM.  @IWIK is a subscriber of the service, and has created this tool specifically for Public Mobile customers.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Bookmarked..click.wait a couple seconds..click on this or that...done...no need for an app...at least not for me anyways...

Pixie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That's too bad, thank you for the quick replies 😁

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'd love an app, but the mobile website works good enough, and I'll take cheaper plans over an app any day. If a native app is not in the cards at least make self serve responsive. Its 2018. Responsive sites are tablestake.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Pixie wrote:

Is there going to be an app to download in the near future? Something that can connect me to the community and my account? I hope so... 😊

The optimist in me says never going to happen.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Anonymous wrote:

@Pixie wrote:

Almost certainly never.

Let me add an extra dash of realism.  Never with certainty. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pixie wrote:

Almost certainly never.

Need Help? Let's chat.