cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App data not working.

A-Ford
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Phone data has been working fine till this morning. Any app that uses a lot of data simple won't work. Facebook, Fitbit, anything like that. Anybody else having this problem? I have rebooted the phone several times to no avail. I have a moto g7 play.

25 REPLIES 25

A-Ford

Not that I know of.

@A-Ford wrote:

Just an update. My problem was an SD memory card going bad! Kept loosing aps. Anything that was loaded on the card slowly disappeared. Up to the point the phone told me to reinstall the sd card even though it was still in the phone. Replaced the card and everything is back to normal.

My Garmin GPS went wonky years ago. I followed all the trouble shooting on the Garmin site and also contacted them to no avail. I then tried a new SIM card on my own accord....and it resolved the problem. 

Bottom line.. Don’t buy cheap SD cards. 

Ps. Are you related to the Ford.....hacked account?

A-Ford

This is the first time I have had an SD card go bad.

Thanks for letting us know

I guess you should mark your latest reply as a solution as your key be useful for somebody facing the same issue.

On the side I never use cards unless I absolutely have to they always start failing in under a year, it's ok to store stuff that you don't use often, but having phone access it for apps regularly will just wear it out. Keep your music and move there pictures when the phone fills up, that's about it

A-Ford

Just an update. My problem was an SD memory card going bad! Kept loosing aps. Anything that was loaded on the card slowly disappeared. Up to the point the phone told me to reinstall the sd card even though it was still in the phone. Replaced the card and everything is back to normal.

@A-Ford wrote:

Thanks everyone. I find it hard to believe that one app had my phone locked up! Facebook is evil!

lol @A-Ford and that's why I don't do Facebook. lol 

Nice to hear you got your problem resolved.  Have a nice weekend!  👋

A-Ford

Thanks everyone. I find it hard to believe that one app had my phone locked up! Facebook is evil!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@A-Ford  Fantastic. Glad your issue is resolved.

Enjoy the weekend!

@A-Ford so you can't uninstall FB from the play store or through settings? Have you tried to reboot your phone? Is your phone completely up to date? 

Maybe your issue is a phone issue (since it won't let you uninstall an app) rather then a PM issue....

A-Ford

Facebook app was the problem. Got it deleted and everything went back to normal!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@A-Ford wrote:

I think I just got Facebook to uninstall.

Good. Leave it out. Facebook is evil. 🙂

A-Ford

I think I just got Facebook to uninstall.

A-Ford

Phone won't uninstall the app. I have tried. Seams to stall trying to do it.

A-Ford

I have done both of these. No affect. I have tried to delete the Facebook app from the phone to try and reinstall to see if that would do anything. Can't delete the app. It just says uninstalling and nothing happens.

A-Ford

I'm set up for auto pay.

@A-Ford  maybe uninstall Facebook then reinstall. See if that corrects the issue?

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@A-Ford 

I can understand your frustration with this. Can you try these steps and let me know if it fixes the issue.

1. Take your sim card out then put it in again.
    2. Turn on Airplane mode for 30 seconds and then turn it off.

A-Ford

I have never came close to using all of my data. That shouldn't be a problem.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@A-Ford wrote:

Calls and texts are working fine. I just paid for the next month of use with 5GB of data. Everything was wondering fine this morning than it just went extremely slowly. 

Did your app data stop working after you renewed your 5GB plan OR changed plan to 5GB plan?

Your plan may not be provisioned correctly.

A.  Adding $1 to your account may trigger PM server to provision your plan again.  Restart your phone.

B.  If adding $1 doe not work, try the lost/stolen phone trick.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

@A-Ford 

Check your data usage settings

I have mine set to cut me off when I reach 95% of my allowance. The problem is that the phone goes by monthly date and not 30 days, last month was 31 days long so your phone may think that you still have one day of old cycle and it's preventing you from consuming everything. 

If that's the case either remove the limit or charge the renewal date in the settings

@A-Ford 

• open settings>apps
  • clear the storage cache and data of the app and restart your phone

A-Ford

Yes calls and texts are working fine. Google Chrome is working fine. I can look at Facebook through Google Chrome no problem. Just won't run the Facebook app.

A-Ford

Calls and texts are working fine. I just paid for the next month of use with 5GB of data. Everything was wondering fine this morning than it just went extremely slowly. 

If your calls and texts are working and after you check if you still have data like @gpixel mentioned.

Then if you still have data. You may want to check your app settings on your phone if certain ones are restricted from mobile data.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@A-Ford login to your self serve account and check to see if you have any data left. are your calls and texts services working?

Need Help? Let's chat.