cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone heard of cellphoneman.ca

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

So I was scrolling through my facebook feed and this ad was in there.

Unlimited Nation wide calling

Global text

6GB data

$49 a month on Koodo Mobile

Wow for those need more data.  I haven't looked to see if there is some fine print

Link for those interested I am still very happy with PM!!

https://www.cellphoneman.ca/plans

ETA in the FAQ.  Their fee is $100 for access to this plan

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

9 REPLIES 9

I saw this ad a month or so ago on Facebook, and left a message saying this is a scam, people can do it themselves, without paying the $100.  He basically told me to shove off.

When Videotron had the unlimited music data for a ton of different apps, I was thinking of trying the out of province activation with a Quebec number, but I waited too long to try.

Frankly, the plane would have been more expensive for me with a lot more than I need, and PM is cheaper, and still gives me more than I need

jshmeek
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The rep doesn't activate it. You go to a Koodo store, activate a new plan (anything, but preferably the cheapest available postpaid plan), and then send them the plan and account details so they can activate the Quebec plan. Sounds rather shady, but there's good rep behind the site. It's basically just paying someone to go through the process that's been outlined plenty of times elsewhere.

@Michael77, my question would be if you have to go to your nearest retailer to activate how could they even activate a Quebec Plan.  I am sure Koodo wouldn't allow some rep in BC to activate a plan for Quebec

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This has to be the Quebec plan. You take a chance of losing this plan in the future and getting an Ontario plan instead.

@Samianauman, reading on the site it is anyone in Canada and you can keep your existing phone number.  So if it is jus the Quebec Plan you would think Koodo would prevent out of province Area codes from getting this deal.  As well it states you must go to your nearest retailer to activate the plan.

@Samianauman wrote:

Lol I heard that it's a black market plan website. If you want yo get qc plan in Ontario.

I would not call this a black market.  This is totally legal.  Koodo has decided to leave the side door open here.  They used to allow the same workaround for the prairie provinces and has since closed the door after many years with holding the door wide open.  The work around remains sufficiently challenging to stop 95% of the people from doing it.  Only select people will trust spending money on someone else doing the workaround for them. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Lol, it is just an enterprising guy who is taking advantage of those who are not savvy enough to follow all of 4 well published steps in a forum. 

Lol I heard that it's a black market plan website. If you want yo get qc plan in Ontario.

** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

jshmeek
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Basically just the Koodo deal from Quebec opened up to everyone through some backdoor moves. While it isn't a bad deal at all, there is a chance Koodo could take it from you after noticing all of the use is outside of Quebec. I assume Cell Phone Man would help you get the plan back if this happens, but still, paying $100 to do so, it wouldn't be worth it for me (I'd just do something like this myself, RFD has posts all about it).

I'm also happy with the plan I have now (despite all the carrier games that have been going on). Maybe we'll see a new deal from Public in a month or two like last year.

Need Help? Let's chat.