cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having trouble receiving email notifications from the PM forum?

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

All of a sudden I stopped receiving email notifcations. Now going on 2 days.

I double checked all my settings. All seems ok AFAICT.

13 REPLIES 13

@totalUser wrote:

Hi @pm-smayer97 

The last one was November 20th

I didn't receive some notifications then.

The difference is that I didn't get them in notification area here in the community either.

But everything they u received in the community I also received by email, it never happened that I received it here but didn't get the email about it (as far as I can tell)

As I understand you do get notified here but the email never makes it to your inbox. Am I correct?

Or is it the same problem that I had then, neither here nor by email?

Thanks for the info but I only stopped receiving email notifications a few days ago, so not related to any changes back in Nov.

I do get email notifications for this thread, for Bravos, and for when I am mentioned in a post but not to threads I have subscribed to...not even forum notifications... I'll keep monitoring.

Hi @pm-smayer97 

The last one was November 20th

I didn't receive some notifications then.

The difference is that I didn't get them in notification area here in the community either.

But everything they u received in the community I also received by email, it never happened that I received it here but didn't get the email about it (as far as I can tell)

As I understand you do get notified here but the email never makes it to your inbox. Am I correct?

Or is it the same problem that I had then, neither here nor by email?

@will13am wrote:

@pm-smayer97 , check profile settings.  Toggle the notification setting a couple of times to give the system a reset.

trying that... we'll see what happens.

@totalUser wrote:

@pm-smayer97 

I think since the last change the system is even more finicky than it used too be, i often have too toggle off and on and still end up with the wrong settings.

But so far what ever showed up in notifications here also showed up in my email (as as far as i noticed, definitely no complete blackout over days)

Hippie you figure it out soon

Check also your junk folder,

When was this last system change?

At least I am still getting notifications for this thread. I just tried resetting my prefs. Nothing was changed but maybe this will have an impact.

@CannonFodder wrote:

Better question would be, why do you want them? 😯  When I 1st signed up, I didn't realize that, by default, email notifications would be sent for EVERY little thing that happened on here, and at the time, there was the thread about the Amazon gift card, in which folks had to post what they liked about the holidays, so when I checked my email later, I had TONS of notifications, about all the people posting in that thread. Needless to say, I quickly logged in and changed the pertinent setting(s).....

Well, I actually DO want them. So thanks anyway.

@totalUser wrote:

Hi @CannonFodder 

I suggest you use the filter for your emails, i filter everything from pm in one folder, works great writhing in one place and not mixing with other stuff

You can also unsubscribe from any topic right in your settings

As I said, I changed the settings and turned off ALL notifications - I check in here often enough I don't need an email for EVERYTHING that goes on here.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97 

I think since the last change the system is even more finicky than it used too be, i often have too toggle off and on and still end up with the wrong settings.

But so far what ever showed up in notifications here also showed up in my email (as as far as i noticed, definitely no complete blackout over days)

Hippie you figure it out soon

Check also your junk folder,

Hi @CannonFodder 

I suggest you use the filter for your emails, i filter everything from pm in one folder, works great writhing in one place and not mixing with other stuff

You can also unsubscribe from any topic right in your settings

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

Better question would be, why do you want them? 😯  When I 1st signed up, I didn't realize that, by default, email notifications would be sent for EVERY little thing that happened on here, and at the time, there was the thread about the Amazon gift card, in which folks had to post what they liked about the holidays, so when I checked my email later, I had TONS of notifications, about all the people posting in that thread. Needless to say, I quickly logged in and changed the pertinent setting(s).....

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You may have accidently unsubscribed from email notifications. Check to see if that is the case.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@pm-smayer97 , check profile settings.  Toggle the notification setting a couple of times to give the system a reset.

No. Oddly... I did receive YOUR reply. Hmmm.... not sure what the scope of this issue is...

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Did you accidentally block them by any chance

I had similar issues while they were upgrading system, but only certain stuff didn't show

Need Help? Let's chat.