cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody using LG Nexus 5

JosePuma
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello All, Wondering if anybody is using LG nexus 5 with PM.

I recently ported my number to PM, ported it from Rogers.

I can't seem to get my sim to work with it. My sim works on other phones.(iphone 4s, samsung) But for some reason not working my nexus 5.

Checked with Rogers, they said its not locked with them and its compatible with HSPA.

I'm thinking this might be phone model compatibly issue unless someone could tell me otherwise.

16 REPLIES 16

I have a Nexus 5... I wanted to help, but saw the old dates too.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@muixsnxsu, @sheytoon guys, nice of you to reply, but this thread was last active 6 months ago. I don't think anyone asking for help on this thread is still waiting for help. They have either resolved their issues or moved on.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Is it possible your phone is blacklisted? Have you used it successfully with another provider recently?

muixsnxsu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So your issue is that sim is not working in NEXUS5. It's ok, as it is very common issue with most of android models.I want to share some hacks with you that make your sim working:

• Turn off/disable Location service by going to Settings > Location > Tab Off
  • Place the SIM card properly
  • Insert the SIM card to fit perfectly
  • Replace the SIM card
  • Uninstall all Google apps updates and reinstall them one by one
  • Uninstall only the Google Search updates
  • Uninstall the Google Now Launcher updates
  • Undo to stock kernel from ElementalX
  • Turn off GPS – Solved the issue for 89% of the users
  • Remove the battery and SIM card both for 3 minutes, next keep on pressing the power button for 4 minutes and then re-insert the battery and SIM card.
  • Perform a factory reset as given in Lg Nexus 5 Manual. This will surely works for you. 

JosePuma

I actually tried two different sims.

still having the same issue.

I guess I can request a third.  

Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley Sad

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Used to have Nexus 5 working in pm as well no problems.

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

seems like the sim is faulty, worked fine for me, still strong. Have a replacement sent. 

GPS was a bit wonky yesterday but I blame that on being out with thunder nearby ... 😉

Hi...

i did did my initial setup and connection on that phone 2 weeks ago.  I need a temp PM phone and my desired for PM iPhone for WINd, until my port completed successfully.

i had no issue at all.  Voice, txt, and data all worked  immediately.

iit was on 20 minutes or so, and I swapped the SIM into the IPhone.

so yes, Nexus  5 works fine,

Yuri

I don't have a Nexus 5, but I have a Nexus 4 and it works great on PM. What are your APN settings?

If it's not the APN settings, then it could be a defective SIM card...

UncleBill

It sounds like a SIM card issue. I'm using nexus 5 as well and there's no problem at all. My suggestions are 1. Try set your Preferred network type to 3G in case LTE is not available in your area. 2. I know the SIM card is working on another phone but get a replacement SIM to try it.

Good luck.

JosePuma

Hello All,

Sooo still not able to get nexus 5 to work with PM.  (been using another phone )

yesterday I reset the N5 to factory.   and...............

nothing. Smiley Sad  Same issue it finds public mobile but it gives me a message.  "cannot connect to provider at this time, please try again later".   

I made sure that the APN settings are all correct. 

Any ideas?   is there something PM can help with?  

@Mary_M @srlawren @imm1304 @Shazia_K @

srlawren

@jairolevi @JosePuma the Nexus 5 is still a great phone!  I got one for my mom this past Christmas and it meets her needs prefectly, and only set me back I think under $250 at the time.  It's a bit dated but still runs up to and including Marshmallow, and does so just fine for a lot of people's needs.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jairolevi
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@JosePuma

Dude, you just need a new phone LOL, its time to upgrade anyways.

Check these out:

https://oneplus.net/ca_en

OnePlus X is just 329

JL

srlawren

@JosePuma welcome to Public Mobile, and the community!  It sounds like this phone is in use by others here, so hopefully the community can help you troubleshoot the issue.  It should be compatible with Telus's (public mobile's) network, provided it really is carrier-unlocked.  I wonder if you could have received a defective SIM card.  Are you able to try the SIM in another phone to see if it works?

EDIT: sorry I just realized already did as I suggested.  Hopefully someone here can help!

@JosePuma Yes, I am using it right now.

Make sure you have selected LTE from cellular network settings.

imm1304

Hi @JosePuma!

The Nexus 5 from Rogers is fully compatible with PM.  It should have worked.

Does any other sim work in your Nexus 5?  It could be a hardware issue with the sim adapter.  

Also, have you tried manually serarching for a network from Settings?  

Need Help? Let's chat.