cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any benefits to 90 day vs 30 day term?

tylah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As far as I can tell the pricing on the 90 day vs 30 day terms are generally the same for the same services. Is there any benefit to one over the other?

13 REPLIES 13

This old argument comes back to life!  I would love to see savings on 90-day plans, on both 3G speed and full LTE plans.  However, that seems to not be the place where PM wishes to be at this time.

As I'm now looking to increase my costs for entertainment at home, I'm looking to switch to a more comfortable payment schedule - so I'll be moving to a 30-day 3G speed plan, or possibly an LTE plan at lower data amounts.  It's all about the wallet.

Frankly - I'd prefer to the 90-day savings return, or get rid of the 90-day completely.

duferdous

No, you are correct. Previously they had different price plan but now it is same. I would not suggest to see the whole data buckets and use it wisely (say one month higher and another month lower), because in case if you are running out of data, you are also booked for 90 days, so it is cumbersome to change or to take add-on's between those days.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@leandrofontp1 wrote:

yes it is cheaper , you safe some money

@leandrofontp1 that used to be true.  Currently most of the 30 day plans are as cheap as or cheaper than 1/3 of their 90 day equivalent plans.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

leandrofontp1

yes it is cheaper , you safe some money

crystalholtby78
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

no u dont save liot with 90 days

Orz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you play around with the build-you-own-plan you may find some savings in the 90 days plan.

Other than that the only advantage is you have 90 days to use 3 months worth of your data; a 30-day plan whatever unused does not roll over. So if you use a lot of data only once in a while the 90 days plan gives you more flexibility.

The only drawback is you pay 3 months fees in advance. The money is gone if you switch plan or port out immediately. If you like to constantly shop around for the best plan and switching in a moment's notice the 90 days plan may not be for you.

leandrofontp1

that is an awesome thing too

leandrofontp1

a 90 day term you save some money

tylah

I see, thanks for the information. 

It would be nice if there was some price savings across the board (i.e. 5-10%) I would definitely switch to the 90 day for that.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

90 days plans used to be a bit cheaper than 30 days plan. Since they launched 3G plans, prices are pretty much the same for 90 or 30 days. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tylah, previously, there was a cost savings with the 90 day plans.  For the most part (perhaps accross the board??), that is no longer the case.  For example, the provincial talk/text plan used to be $27/30 days & $75/90 days.  Now the 30 day plan is $25.  No benefit to going 90 days, other than holding off a price increase for a couple of months (if the price were to go up).  In the case of 90 day data plans, you are able to budget your data usage over a longer period of time, which allows you to use a bit less one month, and use a bit more the next month.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@tylah wrote:

As far as I can tell the pricing on the 90 day vs 30 day terms are generally the same for the same services. Is there any benefit to one over the other?

Advantages to 90 over 30:
a) data bucket managed over the whole 90 days - all the 1st day, all the last day, etc.

b)  LTE data plans have a small saving, usually $5

Pay attention when selecting 3G plans and pick Canada wide calling as it's the same price as provincial.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The biggest advantage is being able to use the data allotment over a longer period of time.  

Need Help? Let's chat.