cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another smooth renewal.

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Just got my renewal completed like silk smooth without any issues.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
16 REPLIES 16

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The renewal system is pretty rock solid for routine renewals with no changes.  As always, hands off is the best policy.  Try to resist the temptation of looking in the account at renewal time.  Making too much of a big deal about a successful renewal is fear mongering.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I think they fixed the issue.

But the best advice is dont loginto selfserve the night of your renewal

rob79
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mimmo Ah, gotcha. I don't plan to change my...plan anytime soon.

Any tips for how to handle plan changes if I ever want to switch it up?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Renewal issues usually happened when futuredating paln changes that were a different price. Renewals without plan changes were tyically no issues.

rob79

@Mana wrote:

Please just relax. There's no point in worrying about something that may not even happen. 

Plus, trust me, the mods are excellent here. So even if there's any issue, the will resolve it quickly. You have nothing to worry about. 

@Mana Really I was just making a joke, BUT, given that people are making posts saying they had no problems with their renewal, clearly it's not always "nothing to worry about". I don't have a landline, and I live alone, so even if I just lose access to my mobile for a day or two while the mods resolve it, it's a problem.

rob79

@Samianauman Yup, autopay is enabled, same card I used at signup (and shouldn't have to change it anytime soon).

@Samianauman wrote:
if your renewal date is 28 June then and if you login to self serve on 28 after midnight you will notice account will show up as suspended don't panic its normal try to dial number if service not interpreted then its normal self serve will get fixed automatically by morning. Just ignore account suspension status on renewal date as long services working as they suppose too.

The same thing happens with Koodo Prepaid, so that wouldn't worry me. In fact, I'm 100% sure that PM uses EXACTLY the same software for the self serve site as Koodo Prepaid, it's just different logos basically. It looks identical otherwise. That could be part of the reason that there are so many problems with Koodo Prepaid to PM transfers, like, having to use a different email address and manually port the #, etc.

Please just relax. There's no point in worrying about something that may not even happen. 

Plus, trust me, the mods are excellent here. So even if there's any issue, the will resolve it quickly. You have nothing to worry about. 

Don't worry as long you have autopay enable pretty sure won't be issue with renewal just a head up lets say if your renewal date is 28 June then and if you login to self serve on 28 after midnight you will notice account will show up as suspended don't panic its normal try to dial number if service not interpreted then its normal self serve will get fixed automatically by morning. Just ignore account suspension status on renewal date as long services working as they suppose too.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

X-Files

Only can say , good to know ~ Robot LOL

rob79

@Samianauman Nope, I joined about 2 weeks ago and it was super smooth. I went through the normal signup process, got a new PM number, sent my Koodo Prepaid info (as requested on the signup page), and an hour later my number had been ported and everything has been working perfectly ever since.

Besides having to have my number manually ported (which wasn't really a problem at all, and I expected it since I have been following PM stuff for a long time now) it went perfectly.

Are you about to join pm ?

I had once or twice issue with renewal when I had to contact mod to fix it other then that its usually pretty smoth.

rob79

Can I just ask @Samianauman - did you have renewal problems in the past? How many renewals have you gone through and whats the good:bad ratio? Did you do anything to complicate things (like change your plan or payment info) that may have led to the problem?

Just curious, but I literally was on the fence about switching to PM for a TWO YEARS before I made the jump. Just browsed the community, seeing what problems people were having, trying to figure out if it would be worth it. BTW - I was coming from Koodo Prepaid so I was extra cautious b/c there are a million horror stories about porting from Koodo Prepaid.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@rob79 you don't need to worry. If your activation went smoothly, I'm sure your renewal with go smoothly as well. 

The mods are really good here, if there happens to be an issue, they will gladly resolve it promptly. 

Lol. Sometimes renewal get stuck too lol.

rob79

This shouldn't be something that has to be celebrated, yet here we are lol.

As a new PM customer (who had zero problems signing up and porting my number) now I'm having renewal anxiety lol.

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@Samianauman congrats!!

Need Help? Let's chat.