cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another good story.. sort of.

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So, over the summer I've been a bit traveling around Ontario, with the most recent trip to/from North Bay. Another bigger trip was to Tobermory. I've hotspotted my phone over these trips to see how the reception worked (plus, it kept the back-seat choir quiet-er)

On the North Bay trip, we had continuous coverage with a data drop once, on the way back from North Bay. Pretty good.

On the Tobermory trip, Coverage was good until the Bruce peninsula. On the peninsula coverage was spotty at best. Even regular antena reception was spotty... I mean totally dead for 5-10 mins at a time, back for another 5-10 mins... and on and on.

My other phone on FM had similar coverage, with somewhat better coverage on the Bruce peninsula. Ironically, FM's away coverage was better in this regard. Don't know why.

By the way, for anyone that cares. Watching Youtube for ~2.5 hours will suck up about ~800MB of your data. Plan your trips wisely.

3 REPLIES 3

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

PM = Bell Telus

FM = Rogers for roaming

So Rogers must have a better tower in that location then Bell/Telus/PM

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
FM uses Rogers' towers for roaming.

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

My other phone on FM had similar coverage, with somewhat better coverage on the Bruce peninsula. Ironically, FM's away coverage was better in this regard. Don't know why.

@MEU_21 FM's away coverage is mostly Rogers. They partner with one (or more of the big 3) for the away networks

Also there are few towers in the Tobermory  area

Need Help? Let's chat.