cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Text for 6GB/$40 Koodo

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I guess no one is left here to get this text. Looks like March 31st is the last day to switch...!!!

20180329-103124.jpg

28 REPLIES 28

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@daniel_tang only if you decide to purchase a phone on tab, but it's not required to do so. Even if you do, it's really just a monthly installment phone purchase plan. You can still cancel at any time, and are billed any outstanding device tab balance at that time. They cannot charge any fees for early termination any more, just what you actually owe on the device tab, if any, which is completely reasonable.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Kaiyo

@daniel_tangwrote:

A question for those who already switched, when you switch, does Koodo put a 2-year contract on the plan? 

No contracts.

daniel_tang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A question for those who already switched, when you switch, does Koodo put a 2-year contract on the plan? 

tzliu

@911onFirewrote:

I still don't see a reason to switch.. except that the guaranteed plan is still up in the air. 

Although this is interesting news:

http://dailyhive.com/montreal/lower-cost-more-competition-phone-plans-canada-2018

Not going to do much - just look what we have in FM. MVNO would change things, but so far the big three have had CRTC in their pocket. 

911onFire
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I still don't see a reason to switch.. except that the guaranteed plan is still up in the air. 

Although this is interesting news:

http://dailyhive.com/montreal/lower-cost-more-competition-phone-plans-canada-2018

@stonechuckerwrote:

If I remember correctly, 42, is not only a multiple of 14, but it’s the number of something very special in a book whose title I can not remember at the moment.

This?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrases_from_The_Hitchhiker%27s_Guide_to_the_Galaxy

If I remember correctly, 42, is not only a multiple of 14, but it’s the number of something very special in a book whose title I can not remember at the moment.

@Luddite but 14 is not Prime number...

Cat Indifferent

@Ludditewrote:

Too few, then re-open in a few months.

Enough, "done and dusted" never to reappear. 

The number gone to Koodo is some multiple of 14, because 14 is a great number.. Robot LOL

@kav2001cwrote:

I am curious though as to how many did switch over

Too few, then re-open in a few months.

Enough, "done and dusted" never to reappear. 

The number gone to Koodo is some multiple of 14, because 14 is a great number.. Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Civic_E

@canucks4lifewrote:

Only one bar of service? I hope you were in the basement Cat Tongue

@canucks4lifeI get good reception in the basement. Took the screenshot at Timmys near  Pearson Airport

Next promo will be worse no way they keep doing this offer

I am curious though as to how many did switch over

dannyd

Thanks, I did not know that.  It seems I would qualify. 

That said, I don't want to sign up for this deal, but I would like to receive any new offer that may come up in the future.

dannyd

I tried this, and it doesn't seem to work for me. 😞

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

got it and ignored it.

@dannyd,

I did opt out (yesterday), and I recall that you can text 'offer' to 5132 to get the offer.

I just did it, and got the text back immediately.

So, I'm signed up again... will have to unsubscribe again now.

@CalvinW then it may continue forever... I will not switch to Koodo.

smp99

They should just keep the offer open. Doesn't cost anything to keep the offer available. They have pretty much clamped down on people trying to get multiple lines through this offer so there is little chance of abuse. Let the customer decide the best timing - end of a cycle, better referral bonuses, need a new phone and so Tab make sense, whatever. 

If $100 referral came back, I would jump along with the rest of my clan. But you can't limit it to 3 days, especially if online activation is a requirement like before. 

Kaiyo

@dannydwrote:

Both my wife and I are on the old $120/12GB data plan.  

My wife has received the promo text, but I have not.  I might have opted out of the promo messages some time ago, but I cannot remember.  Does anyone know if it's possible to re-sign up to the promo offers, so I'd receive the text messages with the offers? 

Do you want to sign up for this deal?

You can see if you can get the deal via koodomobile.com choose bring your own device, add the sim card to cart during check out enter GOKOODO406GB, then another text field should pop up, enter your phone number.

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Only one bar of service? I hope you were in the basement Cat Tongue

CalvinW

They will probably extend and sweeten the offer until everyone on the Fall Promo has gone over to Koodo

dannyd

Both my wife and I are on the old $120/12GB data plan.  

My wife has received the promo text, but I have not.  I might have opted out of the promo messages some time ago, but I cannot remember.  Does anyone know if it's possible to re-sign up to the promo offers, so I'd receive the text messages with the offers? 

willph

Also still here.

But yes, its old news.

We really should stop speculating though.

I wish PM would be more transparent (like they promised they would be).  

Just put people's minds at ease on whats going on so that we can make an informed decision before any MAJOR MAJOR surprises.

This would result in more brand loyalty I think since we (as a community) has put forth significant effort in helping to build the PM brand and large community.  And being informed helps join us more at the hip IMO 🙂

-will

They wont offer much more, probably extend the offer again.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is old news, been heavily discussed already. 

Meeko

Still here. So are the three people I referred to PM. 

No need for new phones, have never went over the PM data allottment, so there was no incentive to make the switch. (too much hassle to play the referral game again)

I complained in a few threads yesterday about it.

Harassment.  Plain and simple.  I'm staying.

twest666

I have a feeling that they will probably offer it again as there still is a fair amount left on PM. I have a feeling future ones will be more forceful. Such as taking away rewards for this specific plan or threatening another price increase. Just speculation though. 

Maybe they will be satisfied with pumping a bunch of numbers to the quarter end and will leave PM users alone for a bit.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

some who still with PM will receive this message.

Need Help? Let's chat.