cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Koodo Migration $35/5GB or $40/8GB plus Tab eligible

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is getting crazy 

just got this - I am still on the Fall 2016 promo. I have lots of referrals - but this could send them packing - and me........

Switch to Koodo and get 5GB of data for $35/month OR 8GB of data for $40/month! PLUS $180 in bill credits. Plans include unlimited Canada-wide minutes & unlimited international text. You may be eligible for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab. Switch online at https://Koo.do/choosekoodo or at your nearest Koodo location and use promo code JOINKOODOAUGDATA by September 4th, 2018. Offer available for ??????. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. *Conditions apply

210 REPLIES 210

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Wonderboy_Tomek

It normally appears right after you enter the promo code there will be a success check or some message near the top you have to click that to see deatils of your new plan.

torontokris

@oh-well wrote:

Is the promo for $35 for 5gig, $40 for 8gig LTE?

Full LTE speeds Canada wide on Bell & Telus network.

Wonderboy_Tomek
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received a text for this promo and am trying to switch over to Koodo.   I added the $75 8 gig unlimited calling unlimited texting plan and entered in my promo code and verified my phone number.  A check mark appeared beside the promo code but the price still displayed at $75.  I continued with the checkout process but it still showed the cost of the plan at $75.  I am at the point where it is asking me to approve a credit check but I'm reluctant to do so as I'm assuming I did something wrong if the monthly price is still showing at $75.  I called the Koodo customer line and was told that for this promotion I will have to go to a Koodo store, which contradicts what was communicated in the text.  Any clue if I am doing something wrong or does the promotional cost only appear at the very last point of the purchase on the Koodo website.

oh-well
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is the promo for $35 for 5gig, $40 for 8gig LTE?

RKR

How long until the $180 credit is applied to the koodo account?  Anyone get the credit yet?

Thank you

Farjy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Isn’t it 50$ ? 

choding

what kind of plan do you have?

I have 40 dollars 4.5 3g plan.

I thins they tarket for this plan.

choding

send a message 5130 or 5129

'offer'

they will give you promotin code.

try

choding

nobody steal your promotion code because Koodo has a list of the promotion in PM.

As you can't trust, you should call Koodo and make sure.

I got a call because i need one more promotion code for my kid.

they said it is sent by automotically they can't give me. Also it is not working for new plan without promotion.

Oherwise you can get the code easily, you send a text  'offer' to 5130 or 5129.

they send you promotion code if you have qualification.

you try

torontokris

@stbajeff wrote:

I have the $40 2GB LTE (prepay 3 months) plan with PM. When I try to use the JOINKOODOAUGDATA code online, it says my phone number isn't valid. I called Koodo asking if they'd honor this deal or something similar, but they refused. Anyone have some advice?

You are not eligible for the promo. Not all public mobile members are eligible only those who received the text. If you did get the text go in store and activate with your text as proof. They may call into Koodo to verify your eligible

justinbeaudoin

@stbajeff You have to have had an offer given to you... did you get a message about one? If so I would call back and explain the offer you were given and that you are having trouble. If they argue they should be told that it was not you who activated the offer and someone stole your code. Otherwise, you don't have an offer on your account and it just wont work. Good thing the new plans on PM are awesome anyways. Maybe one day I will be asked to move to Koodo too... one day *dreams*.

justinbeaudoin

@Farjy I sent you a PM with my referral code if you wish to use it. Just go into the store with it when signing up and you will get the $10 credit added to your account within 2 days. 

stbajeff
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the $40 2GB LTE (prepay 3 months) plan with PM. When I try to use the JOINKOODOAUGDATA code online, it says my phone number isn't valid. I called Koodo asking if they'd honor this deal or something similar, but they refused. Anyone have some advice?

Farjy

How to get a referral? Do I have to do it few hours before or I can do instantly at Walmart ? 

choding

I got medium tap.

As you want, you should go to Walmart becasue you can get extrea gift card 350 dollars.

But no gift card at the Koodo booth.

In my case, I got samsung galaxy A8, 15 dollar medium tap.

I saved a lot of money.

as you want to more save, used the friend referal, 50 dollars credit on each other.

you can save money in maxium;

180dollar credit to Koodo

50 dollar for referal

350 dollar for walmart gift card

good luck

choding

Bingo.

After porting my number to Koodo, I tried to open my PM account. I can't accessed my account. they removed my account immediately. Don't worry aboutn it.

Canadiankid

I only had a few days remaining on my prepaid month. I turned off autopay and then moved my number. After I moved my number I came back to try and see my account and it was gone (I wasn't able to log in). 

Mcbain403
@Effort wrote:

@Mcbain403 wrote:

for anyone that switched, did you do something with your public account first? or did your left over prepaid amounts carry over? should i change my plan to a monthly plan before making the switch? 

i was actually at koodo today and they said that public is shutting down in october, which i didnt know. worries me about the prepaid amounts that i will have going past that since 3 month renewal comes up very soon.

It's a misinformed employee. There are no reports of Public Mobile closing down.

However, PC Mobile is closing down in October 2nd, 2018 and their customers are being moved to Koodo.

Source: https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/05/24/pc-mobile-loblaws-exiting-postpaid-wireless-plans/

thank you. i did know that, and i guessed that should have clicked with me. its funny, i have never had great experiences in any store talking about phone plans. it has always ended up being something more than i was told. i havent gotten a ton of truth in any shop. 

i love public, but could be enticed to move for the right price. looks like lots of good promotions at walmart and others right now, so that might be what we do. thanks all.

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Mcbain403 wrote:

for anyone that switched, did you do something with your public account first? or did your left over prepaid amounts carry over? should i change my plan to a monthly plan before making the switch? 

i was actually at koodo today and they said that public is shutting down in october, which i didnt know. worries me about the prepaid amounts that i will have going past that since 3 month renewal comes up very soon.

It's a misinformed employee. There are no reports of Public Mobile closing down.

However, PC Mobile is closing down in October 2nd, 2018 and their customers are being moved to Koodo.

Source: https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/05/24/pc-mobile-loblaws-exiting-postpaid-wireless-plans/

Mcbain403

ERICJIANG

I got this too from 513-0

choding

I got a samsung galaxy A8 at walmart.

funny one is that no walmart gift card if i go to the koodo booth.

After porting, my wife kept the walmart gift card 350 dollars, but she doesn't like to change phone. otherwise oneday she is going to change it. she has now galaxy a5. it is a little bit smaller than A8.

I thought it is amazing deal.

whenever change the phone, go to walmart or bestbuy for gift card.

great

tsunami

do you see the $180 on Koodo self serve?

jay_hennebury

Well, I made the switch.

Big shout-out to all PM members in this forum whose advice has helped me along the way. Cheers!

My going-out advice: If your going to make the switch, go to Walmart and take advantage of their semi-secretive giftcard deal. ONLY Available on weekends and limited time offer. This is what you get:

From PM/Koodo

$35 - 5Gb plan

$180 switching bonus (actually is $200)

$50 refer a friend bonus (with a referral)

From Walmart:

Selection of phone from giftcard sale. Best deal is Iphone 6 but most are sold out. I went with Iphone SE which got me:

$300 (approx resale value) Iphone SE

-$240 small tab cost

$350 Walmart gift card.

(Additional current promotion removes $30 sign up fee)

End result:

More data, same monthly cost, and ~$650 back in credit, resellable phone, and gift card. X2 with my girlfriend and we’re laughing.

Cheers everyone! Going to miss PM for sure.

Jamie

jimoolee

Thanks for that but no luck. Nothing came back 😞

To start, the cellphone man says the charge a $100 fee, but you don’t pay until after it’s set up.

Next I have to go to a Koodo location and activate a new postpaid plan with a new number.

After that... who knows.   I’m not putting out for the sim, then a fee for 100.

The 8 GB here is the same price for throttled LTE... I will stick with either my current plan, or the latest 6 GB offer if I don’t somehow get the offers for Koodo.

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@stonechucker

I think I read somewhere that cellphoneman uses loopholes that allow them to get that pricing. However I thin he charges a fee associated with his services. Apparently the loopholes are documented online usually and it’s for people who are not willing to follow all the steps necessary to qualify for the promotionsl pricing. Take a look on this forum as well as on RFD. There are a few that talk about cellphoneman.

I hope that helps.

4 changes today.  &40 For 4,5; $45 For 6, cancelled back to promo, now $45 for 6.

Now looking online, and see Cellphoneman.ca is offering up a $49 For 8 GB, and a $56 for 10.  Québec pricing I believe, maybe Manitoba.  Has anyone had experience with this outfit?  I’ve seen adds on Facebook before, but I worry that I will be found to be out of Province, and switched to an I market offering later.

hotcakes

Yup. But it said specifically "take longer to get your phone". I don't care about the phone, I care about having my account created. I thought they would at least process the order in 5 days, not leave me in limbo.

Either way, just letting everyone know that if you do it online, don't expect to have the switch happen for 2+ weeks.

@hotcakes wrote:

Just an FYI for anyone looking to do this, you might want to go in store. I decided to do the switch for me and my wife. I was going to switch mine, then refer her so we both got an extra $50 credit. I signed up online on Sunday... I have not heard anything since. I emailed tuesday, and wednesday, and today, and I have not heard a single thing from them.

So now I have a plan I commited to ordering (with a new phone since I needed the upgrade) and the account won't be set up in time to get the referral. I wish I hadn't done the switch now. They have a return policy, so looks like I'm staying with Public because Koodo are idiots and aren't getting back to me.

The last time I looked at the offer there was a statement saying they were experiencing heavier work load than normal and orders are taking longer to fill.  Was that still posted?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.