cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An update from Dave: what we’ve been up to!

Dave_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello Community,

It has been a while since I last posted an update on the issues we faced last November and many of you are wondering what we have been up to.

The team has been hard at work: we started by listening to your feedback and analyzing the issues that prevented you from having a great experience when singing up and porting your number to Public Mobile. From there, we put together a plan to fix these issues as fast as possible, prioritizing any issues that prevented customers from using their service. 

I’m happy to report that we have come a long way and many of the issues we had have been fixed (YAY!). That said, we are aware that there are still kinks to iron out and issues that need fixing (and some that resemble fixed issues, making it a little confusing to explain) so I want to assure you that we are continually working to improve our systems. This is a priority for us and we have an “all hands on deck” approach to prioritize and resolve customer impacting issues in order to make your experience better.

Here are a few examples of some of the most recent bugs we squashed:

• Porting issues during the activation process
  • Incorrect error messages when verifying if your number is eligible to port over
  • Generic error message when registering or logging into your Self Serve account
  • Display errors in the French and English Self Serve portals
  • Account deactivation issues when adding a referral through the activation portal
  • Customers renewal date not shown properly when an account comes out of suspension
  • Issues when future dating a rate plan in your Self Serve account
  • And many, many more

And that’s only the beginning! We are committed to continuing to fix bugs as they come up and deliver a service you can rely on.

To finish off, I want to thank you all for your patience and for your support as we continue to grow, learn, and get better as a business.

Sincerely,

Dave

36 REPLIES 36

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ricstunts wrote:

Hi Dave, I live in Toronto and recently have been getting calls from PM to switch to Koodo.

This is very disconcerning, because of the frequency of the request to switch.

My question to you is; Is Public Mobile closing or winding down their opperation in Toronto?

Thanks in advance

Ric

@ricstunts, this is the information from the actually useful chat bot that we have on the site (see below):

Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 11.10.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 11.11.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 11.12.12 AM.png

There was also a great discussion here, if you wanted to read more about it. In short, PM is not going anywhere. It is just an offer for legacy customers to continue to receive the phone and store support that you can no longer get from PM as PM is phasing to an online self-serve service.

ricstunts
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Dave, I live in Toronto and recently have been getting calls from PM to switch to Koodo.

This is very disconcerning, because of the frequency of the request to switch.

My question to you is; Is Public Mobile closing or winding down their opperation in Toronto?

Thanks in advance

Ric

chakri264
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Great, Thanks for the Update. 

jt17g
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Great Plan !

People didnt get the plan  last time dont miss this time!

ssuther
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey Dave - Thank's for the update - but how is the work on WiFi Calling moving along?  Fido now has it for the iPhone and other smartphones and as long as customers are on a WiFi network anywhere in the world, their incoming calls (to their Fido number) and calls back to Canada are free.  Fido users don't have to mess around with Google Talk or other VOIP numbers when using WiFi abroad.  Virgin has WiFi calling too.  Great in Canada in spots like my basement where the Public Mobile signal is weak.  I had thought WiFi calling was coming soon to us too!  Can you give us an update on the network upgrades?  Thank's again!

JackL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sounds good! Please keep up with the good work!

Vickel
I was lucky to not have many issues with my service

It's great to see you guys listening and working with your customers to improve service

MK78

Is there any work being done on creating an actual ticketing support system?

After my activation troubles last November, it was extremely frustrating trying to navigate forums and ask mods for help (which they didn't) i had to figure out the issue myself.

At least they are addressing those to user that they do know and they do care about these issues and they are trying their best to minimize those issues in future. but everything takes time to fix all these regular issues like porting adding addon changing plans self serve login and renewal issues and etc etc but I do see a bright future of public mobile in long run
And overall they are doing pretty fabulous job
Great 👍 work guys
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

now that you mention it, @kav2001c, I remember that episode of you losing the number and the account suddenly and someone else also came forward with similar experience.  

You are right, the number sholdn't be reassigned to a new customer immediately.  That must have been part of the glitch too.. sending the number to the pool of available numbers instead of hold.  

Dan

It's great to know that our service provider is taking all these issues seriously and working on making it a better experience for all of us. Thanks @Dave_M and PM.

Acekiller

that is great to hear!  I look forward for all the good things to come!

miiptt

Awesome update!  It's great how proactive these issues are being addressed promptly and communicated to the community!  Keep up the awesomeness @Dave_M

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thanks for the update @Dave_M.  Keep up the good work.

@imm1304 I am just curious if this is indeed the bug that broke my account (I had a really long thread and there were at least 5 people who were existing long time clients who also claimed they suddenly lost service)

After all, even if I did cancel my service, my phone number should not be recycled a day later. It should never have allowed any new client to activate my phone number.

pakmode

Thanks @Dave_M

imm1304

@kav2001c, whatever that issue was, I never heard of it and it did catch my eye too in the OP.  

Sounds like it may have surfaced during the November promo frenzy and some of those left without service may have been because of this bug.  Happy to see it has been fixed.  

youbme

Thank you for the update Dave! Last week I set up a friend's phone with the $25/mo promo plan and I couldn't believe how fast the process was - I did the whole thing on my OnePlus2 because her computer was unavailable. As mentioned earlier, it was quite slow a year and a half ago when I activated my own account. Obviously, there is still a lot of room for improvement, but it is clear to me that PM is heading in the right direction with web development.

hnisha
Love hearing more good news. And the best part is everyone is getting notified of these fixes. Thank you!!!

Jonavin

I can at least confirm that my two ports and activation on Friday was trouble free and one was completed in minutes, the other in a couple of hours. Much better than previous experience last year which took about 36 hours

@X-Files a proper receipt / invoice would fix this easily

As it stands now we need to email them for proper hst info

@X-Files wrote:

Thanks for a lot of Update!  but plz redesign the payment history lists, it's too confused to understand, make it clear and simple,thanks.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@Dave_M

Am quite happy to read this but one issue does catch my eye on the list. Any more info you guys can share? (Since this seems likely what happened to my old account)

@Dave_M wrote:

Hello Community,

It has been a while since I last posted an update on the issues we faced last November and many of you are wondering what we have been up to.

Here are a few examples of some of the most recent bugs we squashed:

• Account deactivation issues when adding a referral through the activation portal

Sincerely,

Dave

jpar

A general design overhaul for self serve to bring it more into line with the rest of the site would be nice as well.

Make sure roaming is working properly and add more roaming destination.  Many people are waiting for this issue and feature.

pckku
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you @Dave_M for giving us the update on improving our experience with PM. There are always improvement opportunities and the most important of all is PM's willingness to assess suggestions constantly and regularly making updates. In this way, I am sure it will benefit all, both potential and current members of PM community. Job well done, PM.

X-Files

Thanks for a lot of Update!  but plz redesign the payment history lists, it's too confused to understand, make it clear and simple,thanks.

echf

@Samianauman wrote:
It's a great update services getting better and issues getting resolved
Mostly I see user were having issues in porting and renewal problem a lot glad Pm and his team been trying their best to solve your issues for a long run
Always feels good to be a part of public mobile

I don't know. Did PM have someone inside doing psychological research?? @Dave_M

Manipulating us using small reward and achievement (Like what Uber did to their driver)?

Smiley Tongue Smiley Tongue Smiley Tongue Smiley Tongue

I feel I am addicted to PM. LOL. Yeap, it always feels good to be a part of public mobile.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Dave_M, awesome!!  Thanks for the update and so glad to see so many issues being resolved and worked on.  Is there a way to have a change log posted after updates and let us know what was fixed or what issues maybe created by the fixes implemented as we know a fix for one thing may cause issues for another.  Just a small request but really do appreciate the update.  Keep up the great work PM!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

echf

That's the way to go! There are lots of good idea in Public Lab. I also suggest the following:

PM should add more foolproof design in their next verison activation system.

1. A confirmation page after the user enter the information.

2. Let user choose their previous carrier, prompt notification when user enter uncommon information (for example, Fido account number is 9 digit but user enter 8 digit).

I think they can add those feature in their next verison activation system

1. Provide estimated porting time

2. Provide APN setup instruction and troubleshooting

3. Direct them to the community

4. Send a email when the porting is taking longer then usual

5. Great user experience with new UI, and step by step guidance

imm1304

Thank you for the update and the reassurances. 

We have witnessed marked improvement in terms of the number of serous issues being reported in the community.  So, keep doing whatever it is you guys are doing.. its showing good results.  

Need Help? Let's chat.