cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retraité / Retired

An update from Dave: what we’ve been up to!

Hello Community,

It has been a while since I last posted an update on the issues we faced last November and many of you are wondering what we have been up to.

The team has been hard at work: we started by listening to your feedback and analyzing the issues that prevented you from having a great experience when singing up and porting your number to Public Mobile. From there, we put together a plan to fix these issues as fast as possible, prioritizing any issues that prevented customers from using their service. 

I’m happy to report that we have come a long way and many of the issues we had have been fixed (YAY!). That said, we are aware that there are still kinks to iron out and issues that need fixing (and some that resemble fixed issues, making it a little confusing to explain) so I want to assure you that we are continually working to improve our systems. This is a priority for us and we have an “all hands on deck” approach to prioritize and resolve customer impacting issues in order to make your experience better.

Here are a few examples of some of the most recent bugs we squashed:

• Porting issues during the activation process
  • Incorrect error messages when verifying if your number is eligible to port over
  • Generic error message when registering or logging into your Self Serve account
  • Display errors in the French and English Self Serve portals
  • Account deactivation issues when adding a referral through the activation portal
  • Customers renewal date not shown properly when an account comes out of suspension
  • Issues when future dating a rate plan in your Self Serve account
  • And many, many more

And that’s only the beginning! We are committed to continuing to fix bugs as they come up and deliver a service you can rely on.

To finish off, I want to thank you all for your patience and for your support as we continue to grow, learn, and get better as a business.

Sincerely,

Dave

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: An update from Dave: what we’ve been up to!

Congrats, this is reassuring! Does that mean it's time for another 12GB promo?

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Very good, keep this up!! Love these updates.

Kudos for working and posting this up on Easter weekend. Man Very Happy

Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

That's great!  Thanks very much for the update, Dave.  It's good to hear that, slowly but surely, bugs are being ironed out and improvements are being made.  Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

Thank you for the update, in hope of seeing a better glitch free system

Mayor / Maire

It's a great update services getting better and issues getting resolved
Mostly I see user were having issues in porting and renewal problem a lot glad Pm and his team been trying their best to solve your issues for a long run
Always feels good to be a part of public mobile
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Oracle

Thanks for keeping us updated on fixes to the online portal.  Keep up the good work.

Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thank you for the update and the reassurances. 

We have witnessed marked improvement in terms of the number of serous issues being reported in the community.  So, keep doing whatever it is you guys are doing.. its showing good results.  

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

That's the way to go! There are lots of good idea in Public Lab. I also suggest the following:

PM should add more foolproof design in their next verison activation system.

1. A confirmation page after the user enter the information.

2. Let user choose their previous carrier, prompt notification when user enter uncommon information (for example, Fido account number is 9 digit but user enter 8 digit).

I think they can add those feature in their next verison activation system

1. Provide estimated porting time

2. Provide APN setup instruction and troubleshooting

3. Direct them to the community

4. Send a email when the porting is taking longer then usual

5. Great user experience with new UI, and step by step guidance

Oracle

@Dave_M, awesome!!  Thanks for the update and so glad to see so many issues being resolved and worked on.  Is there a way to have a change log posted after updates and let us know what was fixed or what issues maybe created by the fixes implemented as we know a fix for one thing may cause issues for another.  Just a small request but really do appreciate the update.  Keep up the great work PM!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

Need Help? Let's chat.