Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternatives to Public Mobile

amallya
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

fido.png

fido mastercard.JPG

It pays to pay with Fido Mastercard. Earn 4% unlimited cash back rewards on all purchases in a foreign currency – from international websites to anywhere you travel abroad, and 1.5% in Canada.

Get up to $50 in cash back rewards as a welcome bonus: $25 on your first purchase, plus $25 when you register your Fido bill for pre-authorized payments.

14 REPLIES 14

Bubba

Its 2018 yest these companies are till calculating day time minutes and after 6PM calls. I didnt know we are still stuck in 2005...how peverted.

Talk minutes cost absoloutly nothing, as all the cell phone infastructre hads been paid for by customer 10 times over. Dirty gouging scammers

Bubba

Its still okay for people who use very little data...sort of like me...but its starting to grind on my nerves because I have to get on and off the internet quickly with  the 1 GB/month. i hardly use the internet data because I save it for checking bus routes and check the Bus App, and the odd time I use Uber

If you need or want a prepaid plan option, the only realistic choices are going to be Chatr, Lucky, or Freedom.   There are prepaid plans available at the other brands, but they're usually crap.  The only good thing really about tthe preapid options available at the "main" brands is that they're available anywhere in the country.

Clefort88
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Well said!

To add to that, that a look at the prepaid plans that Bell has for the Atlantic Provinces. $57 total gets you local calling after 6pm, 100 daytime minutes for the month, and 500MBs of data.

The gouging happens, will continue to happen and can happen on the turn of a spun dime.

hopetindall

I've opened a $45/4GB plan with Rogers again.

mike390
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@torontokriswrote:

It's possible but if you recall Fido offered a price match to this public mobile $40/4gb plan and increased it to $45 within months of the promo expiring. Actually iibelieve it was within one month after the PM promo expired. Least PM kept it for a year.

So if your argument is Fido is better & won't increase their prices.. Sadly your wrong/mistaken.

The only difference is PM advertised that it wouldnt change the price while Fido didnt. Thats why everyone is so angry right now.

mike390
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Fido also regularly has loyalty plans if youve been with them for at least 3 months.  I used to be with them for a long time and ive never had any rates go up.  Anytime there was a billing error they ALWAYS fixed it and usually gave me an extra credit for my trouble.  Fido actually has very good customer support, I jumped to PM and go burned, guess I learned my lesson.

PhoneSeeker

@torontokriswrote:

It's possible but if you recall Fido offered a price match to this public mobile $40/4gb plan and increased it to $45 within months of the promo expiring. Actually iibelieve it was within one month after the PM promo expired. Least PM kept it for a year.

So if your argument is Fido is better & won't increase their prices.. Sadly your wrong/mistaken.

Fido is better, they only increased the rates by $5/month vs. $10/month.

#boycott Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile

hopetindall

@torontokriswrote:

You are right.  

At the same time Fido didn't commit in writing to keeping the rate unchanged in the same way PM did.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

amallya

@torontokriswrote:

Koodo plan still $5/month cheaper 

LOL ok.

For how many days? 

What if they change it to 500MB for $50 in 2 weeks? They can do anything, at any time, for any reason it's right in the contract.

The issue here is respect for customer, and good faith that agreements made in the past will be honored into the future.

FECK TELUS.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Koodo plan still $5/month cheaper and you can possibly get a phone and 4gb data vs 2gb BYOD Fido plan. 

Sorry that plan you mentioned is not a viable alternative.

*Hopefully* the other companies come out with something good to try and steal some customers.

amallya

You get $50 if you get the Fido mastercard, which in itself is a great product. 1.5% flat cashback, all categories, no annual fee, no caps, no tiers, no limits. One of the best Cashback creditcards in the country. 

hopetindall

I'm so annoyed, I don't mind paying $10 more to get a plan somewhere else.

Need Help? Let's chat.