cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Alternatives to Public Mobile

fido.png

fido mastercard.JPG

It pays to pay with Fido Mastercard. Earn 4% unlimited cash back rewards on all purchases in a foreign currency – from international websites to anywhere you travel abroad, and 1.5% in Canada.

Get up to $50 in cash back rewards as a welcome bonus: $25 on your first purchase, plus $25 when you register your Fido bill for pre-authorized payments.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Alternatives to Public Mobile

I'm so annoyed, I don't mind paying $10 more to get a plan somewhere else.

You get $50 if you get the Fido mastercard, which in itself is a great product. 1.5% flat cashback, all categories, no annual fee, no caps, no tiers, no limits. One of the best Cashback creditcards in the country. 

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Koodo plan still $5/month cheaper and you can possibly get a phone and 4gb data vs 2gb BYOD Fido plan. 

Sorry that plan you mentioned is not a viable alternative.

*Hopefully* the other companies come out with something good to try and steal some customers.

@torontokriswrote:

Koodo plan still $5/month cheaper 

LOL ok.

For how many days? 

What if they change it to 500MB for $50 in 2 weeks? They can do anything, at any time, for any reason it's right in the contract.

The issue here is respect for customer, and good faith that agreements made in the past will be honored into the future.

FECK TELUS.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It's possible but if you recall Fido offered a price match to this public mobile $40/4gb plan and increased it to $45 within months of the promo expiring. Actually iibelieve it was within one month after the PM promo expired. Least PM kept it for a year.

So if your argument is Fido is better & won't increase their prices.. Sadly your wrong/mistaken.

@torontokriswrote:

It's possible but if you recall Fido offered a price match to this public mobile $40/4gb plan and increased it to $45 within months of the promo expiring. Actually iibelieve it was within one month after the PM promo expired. Least PM kept it for a year.

So if your argument is Fido is better & won't increase their prices.. Sadly your wrong/mistaken.

You are right.  

At the same time Fido didn't commit in writing to keeping the rate unchanged in the same way PM did.

@torontokriswrote:

Fido is better, they only increased the rates by $5/month vs. $10/month.

#boycott Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Fido also regularly has loyalty plans if youve been with them for at least 3 months.  I used to be with them for a long time and ive never had any rates go up.  Anytime there was a billing error they ALWAYS fixed it and usually gave me an extra credit for my trouble.  Fido actually has very good customer support, I jumped to PM and go burned, guess I learned my lesson.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@torontokriswrote:

The only difference is PM advertised that it wouldnt change the price while Fido didnt. Thats why everyone is so angry right now.

Need Help? Let's chat.