cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After changed phone number couldn't get the phone call

fxx_susan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi There,

My previous phone number is (306)7**-***8. After I changed phone number (647)8**-***8 two days ago. I couldn't get anyone else's phone call, but I can call anyone else. Please help me. Thank you.

18 REPLIES 18

@fxx_susan wrote:

Hi, when can fix my problem?

@fxx_susan   Everyone responding to you here is a fellow customer like yourself and we have no access to your account.  We can offer suggestions and advice for issues that don't require account access, so you need to contact moderators who are Public Mobile employees who will be able to see what has happened with your account.

Use these links to submit a ticket via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Or you can private message Moderator_Team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar top right of your screen for a response from the moderators which can take anywhere from 1-48 hours.  Good luck.

fxx_susan

Hi, when can fix my problem?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@fxx_susan 

Use this link to send a private message the moderators will respond within a couple of hours. (If not sooner!)

@fxx_susan 

Only you can make this request thru the moderators either by using Simon... the (?) At the bottom right corner of your screen or thru your private messaging....the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen.  Either follow my instructions or the Simon instructions given to you earlier in this thread.

fxx_susan

Ok, please give me the old number back, I don’t want to wait anymore. I’m waiting for the long time.

@fxx_susan 

Did you have a problem using simple Simon to submit a service request ticket to the moderators? Or have they not responded? Have you checked your private message box at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators?

If you had problems submitting a ticket you can send a private message (my preferred method.)  Tag the @CS_Agent  in the address bar. Type "change ph# incomplete" in the subject line then explain your issue. Include and indicate the new ph # that's the issue and your old ph#. Be sure to include the full name, address and email of your account. Your pin #, dob, plan amount, the date, amount, type, last 4 digits of your last payment and your alternate ph # (if any). You may also be asked your security question and answer for further verification.

If the issue is what I suspect they will give you your old number back and you will be able to change it in 30 days....as it can only be done once every 30 days.....errrors or not.

@fxx_susan 

Did you hear back from moderators yet?  What was their response?  Moderators have access to your account to help fix the problem.  

A few things to try as you wait for moderator help

reboot phone

network reset

Might want to try two tricks that might re-activate/reset your plan:
1.  Report your phone lost/stolen in self service account.  

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

2.  Manually add $1 into your balance. 
These actions sometimes will reset your SIM/re-activate account.  

fxx_susan

No. Please help me as soon as possible.

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey Susan, did you ever find out what was wrong with your phone number? Did the moderators fix it for you?

@fxx_susan 

Please contact the moderators....i do believe you chose a number that is already active. This is an error by telus/pm releasing a phone number by accident.

fxx_susan

voicemail message

@fxx_susan 

When you call the new number do you recognize the voicemail message?

fxx_susan

Ontario.

@fxx_susan 

I suggest you contact the moderators by clicking on the (?) At the bottom right corner of your screen and submit a ticket via Simon. Type in change phone number not working and ask for a human. Then follow the prompts to submit your ticket. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times. I believe you were issued a number that is already assigned to someone else. Only moderators can fix this for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fxx_susan 

647 numbers seem to be a problem for some. Those that can't call you ...is it many providers or perhaps just one?

Try calling from yet other providers to see.

@fxx_susan  After you edit we can work on your issue. Do you recieve incoming texts? Where are you located? You could have chosen a number that was incorrectly released.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@fxx_susan   First please use the 3 dots top right of your post and delete your tel.# from your post as you are on a public forum.

Can you try rebooting your phone to see if it'll help?

Edit: @fxx_susan  please remove your name also when you edit your post.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@fxx_susan 

Please use the 3 dots at the top right corner of your post and edit out your phone numbers to avoid scamming/spamming issues.

Need Help? Let's chat.