cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ads

Namu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello,

There is an ad in my private messaging. Is this normal? It's from another member.

Thank you

13 REPLIES 13

jib_tech
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Namu 

I get spam a couple of times a month in my private messages. Just get used to it. Report and delete.

@Anonymous wrote:

It's the vaccination 🙂

I guess you got booster and booster for booster... 🤣

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yummy : Absolutely not. I'm just talking about the private message notification email from here.

I don't allow images to be shown in received emails. I seem to recall I don't allow javascript to run either but not sure. That way if anything is embedded then I lower the risk of contracting a virus. It's the vaccination 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

@Namu : What is not clear to many people is that if you got a notification email that you got a private message from someone then that email itself has nothing harmful in it. Then you open private messaging, the presence of that message isn't harmful. Then the opening of that message is harmless. The only harmful part would be clicking on links IN the message. Don't.

Does this rule apply to emails received in your e-mail inbox (hotmail, yahoo, gmail)?

I read somewhere that even opening email (not here on PM!) can initiate download and run of some malicious software, etc.

Namu

Oh that was fast. The moderator? Already replied that the user has been banned.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Namu : What is not clear to many people is that if you got a notification email that you got a private message from someone then that email itself has nothing harmful in it. Then you open private messaging, the presence of that message isn't harmful. Then the opening of that message is harmless. The only harmful part would be clicking on links IN the message. Don't.

Namu

Thank you everyone for your timely help.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Namu wrote:

Hello,

There is an ad in my private messaging. Is this normal? It's from another member.

Thank you

@Namu 

Here is an announcement from Public Mobile regarding SPAM messages in your inbox, with detail instructions on what to do with them:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/What-to-do-with-spam-in-your-Private-Me...

Namu

Oh thank you! I see now. I didn't want to open the ad message but I see you must to get rid of it. I reported it and then deleted it.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Occasionally you will receive an 'ad' in your mailbox. This is considered spam and these people are not 'members' but idle bodies having nothing else to do in their lives but to annoy other people. Report and delete.

Based on few lists of spammers provided by @darlicious their user IDs are usually firstname_lastname which none of the actual members uses here so it easy to recognize spam and ignore.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Namu : Likely spam. Spam happens. Click the subject line then Report to the lower left then Ignore above right then Delete lower right.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is probably a spam email.  You can click on the title of the message and then click on the report button in the bottom left to notify a CSA.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Namu 

No is not normal, you have to report it...

Need Help? Let's chat.