cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added Funds but no service

Nuayan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my service ended and then i added 25$ card (usually i add 40) why does it still say phone is out of service?

8 REPLIES 8

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Nuayan wrote:

my service ended and then i added 25$ card (usually i add 40) why does it still say phone is out of service?

@Nuayan  -  if you are not able to resume/reactivate your plan on your Self Serve account ensure the Available Funds amount covers the cost of the plan your are trying to activate.

Then try topping up your account by $1 dollar. Does the resume/reactivate work now?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Nuayan  Sound like you had $40 plan before.  You will need to go to My Account and do a change plan to $25 if you just want a $25 plan now.  Once you changed the plan, it should reactivated right a way. 

Of course, you can add the remaining $15 to make it $40 and your $40 plan should reactivate.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nuayan : Because this is not a pay as you go service. It's a 30 day term. To renew the term you need to pay for the plan.

@Nuayan 

If your regular plan is the $40 plan then you have to add for $40 to renew it. If you can't afford your normal plan this month then you can switch to the $25/1gb plan for this month. Log into your account. Go to the plans page. Choose the $25 plan and choose change plan now. Your service will renew on your new plan. If you want to switch back next month then schedule a change plan on next renewal to the $40/5gb plan.

Note: If you have promotional data tied to your current plan changing it will likely cause the loss of the bonus data.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Nuayan wrote:

@Nuayan 

After you add sufficient funds to enable restoration of service, click the "reactivate" option on your self-serve.

After doing so, try rebooting phone and resetting network connections.

You may also wish to check the following, just to be sure there's no problem here:

Check the Status of Your Device in Canada - DeviceCheck.ca

Additionally, you may wish to ensure the last 4 digits of the SIM card in your device matches the last 4 digits showing under the "Change SIM card" option in the My Profile section of your self-serve.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Nuayan wrote:

If your regular plan is $40...that's how much you need to add to your account to renew.

edit, log in to your account and see how much is sitting in Available Funds. How much is your regular plan cost ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nuayan 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

1. Click on Payment

2. Make a Payment

3. one Time Payment 

4. you will see your Amount Due:$$

5. Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )

6. how much you see at Amount Due:$ ! you will do manually enter Amount:$$ + $1 extra

7. Tax: will collect automatically,
8. Click ‘Submit’,
9. after payment gone through, you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

10. and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$ ! has the amount left,
and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

and if still not fix it follow this,

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount through Self Serve  
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  3. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  4. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  5. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  6. Reboot your phone.
  7. what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone about 2 minutes and turn it back on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nuayan 

Reactivate A Suspended Plan

Missed a payment? After your plan expires, all you need to do is top-up your balance to keep the current plan going. You have up to 90 days to make a payment and, after doing so, your payment cycle will restart and your service will resume.After 90 days of non-payment, your account will be permanently deactivated, which means you will:

• Lose access to your phone number, and won’t be able to transfer it to a new provider in the future.
  • Need a new Public Mobile SIM card if you decide to activate a new Public Mobile account.
Need Help? Let's chat.