cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add on

jfortier75
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don't even have service on my daughter's phone today (not sure why, outage maybe?), but I was charged for a $15 1Gb add on today that I didn't autherize and she has no access to the account to be able to make any changes.  How do I rectify this?

16 REPLIES 16

@jfortier75 

You need to check any financial accounts associated with the email on this account. Report phone lost immeadiately. Change the password. Theres a possible fraud on this account....check and see if the sim card matches on the account to the card in the phone. Send a follow up message to the moderators with update on the status of the account now....start with the email and bank!!!!! After you report the phone lost/stolen.

jfortier75

It ends up that today someone has added 1Gb for $15 x 3, therefore resulting in $45 worth of charges just today.  I’m currently working on it.

And someone also asked what kind of phone it was, it’s an iPhone 6.

@jfortier75  from within your self service account. Stay safe. 20200504_182846.jpg

jfortier75

Wow, the SIM # doesn’t match!!  Gosh, this is going to be a pain!

So, I put my phone on lost/stolen on my actually phone, or in my account for Public Mobile?

@jfortier75 

How? Which one? You can do almost everything within your daughters account except contact the moderators....that you must do here. Send a private message ....type no sevice on phone/ unauthorized purchase in the subject line then explain the issue in detail. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times.

Be sure to include the following:

1. Full name, address, telephone # and email of your account.
  2. Pin # and/or d.o.b., alternate ph # if any, last payment date, amount, type, last 4 digits/card.
  3. You may be asked for your security question and answer for further verification.

You can change the log in password in her account, Report it lost /stolen on the usage page. This can prevent a fraudulent port. Check the payment history (transaction history) for that unauthorized payment (are you sure it wasnt her $15 plan renewal charge?) Did i miss anything?

jfortier75

How?  The phone isn’t working currently...

@jfortier75  when you get this sorted. Could you please tell us the make and model of your daughter's phone? Thanks. Stay safe. 

@jfortier75  when speaking with SIMon

type "no service"

(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)

@jfortier75 please choose the change sim option and compare the last 4 digits to the sim card in your phone. The Sims should match. 

20200723_093448.jpg

If they don't, then your daughter may have been sim jacked. Change her password and name on the account.  Immediately place your phone on lost/ stolen. Change email, bank, credit card passwords that may be at risk. Contact the relevant places.

Contact the moderators and ask them to switch your service back to the original SIM card. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

If they don't, then you may have been sim jacked. Change your password and name on the account.  Immediately place your phone on lost/ stolen. Change email, bank, credit card passwords that may be at risk. Contact the relevant places.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jfortier75 wrote:

Yes, I can definitely login to the account.  I’ll do that.  I’ve been searching, but can’t find a contact # for customer service.  How do I contact them?

There's no number. Click on Get Help up top and then muddle your way through the chatbot to submit a ticket or maybe only a private message.

@jfortier75 wrote:

Yes, I can definitely login to the account.  I’ll do that.  I’ve been searching, but can’t find a contact # for customer service.  How do I contact them?

@jfortier75 hello try contacting a moderator you can do so by clicking the question mark at the lower right corner,to avoid going around in circles with Simon say that you want a human to speak to, a ticket will then be generated briefly mention your issue, you should get a response between 2 to 48 hours a reply should show up in your little envelope in the top right corner

jfortier75

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jfortier75 wrote:

Yes, it does show active.

Also, maybe she found the PIN and bought data through the 611 service using a pre-registered payment card that might be there for autopay.

Kids are pretty clever.

Edit: on second thought...the no service points elsewhere

jfortier75

Yes, it does show active.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jfortier75 wrote:

I don't even have service on my daughter's phone today (not sure why, outage maybe?), but I was charged for a $15 1Gb add on today that I didn't autherize and she has no access to the account to be able to make any changes.  How do I rectify this?

If you're still able to login to that account then I suggest changing the password and suspending it using the lost/stolen function.

Then figure out what's going on with contacting the moderators.

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jfortier75 In the self serve account for her phone does it show her account is active?

Need Help? Let's chat.