cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-on failed to show up

Magikbus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

IOn 9/14/19 I signed up for and paid for two add-ons.  A US Roaming 1GB data (10 day) and a US Roaming Unlimited Talk (10 day).  I have the print out showing them

When reaching my destination in the US, I discovered the US Roaming Unlimited Talk (10 day) had disappeared from my account.  I was unable to use my phone for US Roaming talk even though I had paid for it.  I have my account print out now that I have returned home showing the Unlimited talk (10 day) add on is missing.  I'ts now 8/20/19, well within the 10 day limit.

I am back home now and am wondering if this is a scam run my public mobile to get money that they then erase from my account when I'm on my trip?  Anyone out there have a similar scam run on them?

8 REPLIES 8

@Magikbus wrote:

I did the two step process.  I added $20 for the 1gig data, and $5 for the unlimited talk.  I then checked my account for the $25 and it was there.  I then checked BOTH boxes for the two add ons.  It told me success.  I then checked my account and the total was $0 dollars.  I then checked what add ons I had and both (data and u.s. talk) were listed.  A day later when I was in the US I checked again and the U.S. talk add- on was missing.  I was meticulous as to what I was doing, and double checked each step.  Why is everyone assuming I am the one that made the mistakes and no one is assuming public mobile didn't make a mistake??  I admit there are some careless people out there that can be blamed for their own mistakes, but I also know that corporations often make mistakes, yes even their computers.  I've been coding for decades and know how glitches creep into things and how expensive it is to research and correct them.

I assume that you mean $28?  If the top up was only $25 and you didn't already have $3 in your balance, the purchase lf one the add-ons would have failed. Then again, you would have have some left over balance. In any event, only the moderators can credit or refund you for the non-working U.S. roaming talk add-on.  Good luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Magikbus 

Sounds like you did everything right.

It's not an entirely intuitive process. Many people think they're buying the add-on when all they've done is added money. They don't realize that they need to then buy the add-on after adding the money.

But you figured it out. All good. So all you can do is wait for the mods to fix it.

Magikbus

I did the two step process.  I added $20 for the 1gig data, and $5 for the unlimited talk.  I then checked my account for the $25 and it was there.  I then checked BOTH boxes for the two add ons.  It told me success.  I then checked my account and the total was $0 dollars.  I then checked what add ons I had and both (data and u.s. talk) were listed.  A day later when I was in the US I checked again and the U.S. talk add- on was missing.  I was meticulous as to what I was doing, and double checked each step.  Why is everyone assuming I am the one that made the mistakes and no one is assuming public mobile didn't make a mistake??  I admit there are some careless people out there that can be blamed for their own mistakes, but I also know that corporations often make mistakes, yes even their computers.  I've been coding for decades and know how glitches creep into things and how expensive it is to research and correct them.

@Magikbus wrote:

I did the two step process.  I added $20 for the 1gig data, and $5 for the unlimited talk.  I then checked my account for the $25 and it was there.  I then checked BOTH boxes for the two add ons.  It told me success.  I then checked my account and the total was $0 dollars.  I then checked what add ons I had and both (data and u.s. talk) were listed.  A day later when I was in the US I checked again and the U.S. talk ad- on was missing.  Perhaps you would like to enlighten me as to what steps I missed or what checks I missed???

Doesn't look like you missed any steps and you will have to conctact the moderators to look into this for you.  

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Magikbus

I did the two step process.  I added $20 for the 1gig data, and $5 for the unlimited talk.  I then checked my account for the $25 and it was there.  I then checked BOTH boxes for the two add ons.  It told me success.  I then checked my account and the total was $0 dollars.  I then checked what add ons I had and both (data and u.s. talk) were listed.  A day later when I was in the US I checked again and the U.S. talk ad- on was missing.  Perhaps you would like to enlighten me as to what steps I missed or what checks I missed???

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Magikbus wrote:

IOn 9/14/19 I signed up for and paid for two add-ons.  A US Roaming 1GB data (10 day) and a US Roaming Unlimited Talk (10 day).  I have the print out showing them

When reaching my destination in the US, I discovered the US Roaming Unlimited Talk (10 day) had disappeared from my account.  I was unable to use my phone for US Roaming talk even though I had paid for it.  I have my account print out now that I have returned home showing the Unlimited talk (10 day) add on is missing.  I'ts now 8/20/19, well within the 10 day limit.

I am back home now and am wondering if this is a scam run my public mobile to get money that they then erase from my account when I'm on my trip?  Anyone out there have a similar scam run on them?

@MagikbusDial 611 or access selfserve and check your account balance. If the cost of the missing add-on is reported in your account balance it means you account was properly funded but the add-on was not purchased. The amount in your account balance will be used during your next plan renewal. If the amount is not in your account balance then you need to contact the moderator for a refund.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Magikbus wrote:

Sorry to hear about this.  It is not a scam.  Did data work while away.  This is what I think probably happened.  You purchased the roaming talk add-on and the money went to available funds, you then went to purchase the data add-on and it took the money from the available funds and did not take more money for the data add-on.  

Purchasing addons is a two step process.  Here is a great tutorial on how to purchase addons created by @srlawren  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Magikbus no one is trying to scam you buying that add on is a two step process 1 you put money in account and then 2 you purchase add on check to see if money is still in your account

Need Help? Let's chat.