cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-on 500 minutes not kicking in

MistaC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yesterday during a call the line went dead - my minutes were up. I had bought a 500 minute add on a month ago but I can't access them, I also don't get incoming calls and can't access voicemail. Ideas?

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's all the messed up or old school terminology used by vendors and people. Go in and ask for a voucher and you get the Homer stare. Ask for minutes and they'll say oh who with. Or the LD promo called airtime minutes. Ridiculous.

Then throw in the silly two step dance for buying the darn things here.

MistaC

Yeah, that's what happened. I bought the 500 minutes from the available funds so all is good now. Thanks for your help.

@MistaC 

Yeah something is off the rails there. You might be able to buy a voucher at a Koodo Store to add $5 (or more) to your Public Mobile account but if you did that the $5 is just sitting in “available funds” waiting for you to log in and buy the $5/500 Minute add-on.

AE_Collector

@MistaC wrote:

That worked -  Thank You!

I bought the extra minutes a month ago and the receipt (I made the physical transaction at a Koodo kiosk) says what it was for. I assumed it would just kick in when my minutes were up but all it did was credit the amount to my account. Poorly communicated was the step of actually making the purchase from my account.

Koodo store employees have no access to your account and wouldn't be able to add the long distance minute add-on for you. All they can do is sell you voucher.  

MistaC

That worked -  Thank You!

I bought the extra minutes a month ago and the receipt (I made the physical transaction at a Koodo kiosk) says what it was for. I assumed it would just kick in when my minutes were up but all it did was credit the amount to my account. Poorly communicated was the step of actually making the purchase from my account.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@MistaC wrote:

Yesterday during a call the line went dead - my minutes were up. I had bought a 500 minute add on a month ago but I can't access them, I also don't get incoming calls and can't access voicemail. Ideas?

Do any of your services work? What is the status in self service, Active?

Can you log into self service and choose Change Sim Card and ensure the last 4 digits match the sim in your phone to ensure you have not been sim jacked.

@MistaC wrote:

Log back into your account and see if the add-on is shown in the My Data & Add-ons section. If it isnt' check if the $5 is in your Public Mobile account balance. If it is, you need to go back and make the add-on purchase. If at any time you try to purcahse an add-on but the funds aren't already in the account, the procedure for what looks like should make the purchase from you does nothing more than apply a top up.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@MistaC wrote:

You plan has to still be Active for any features to work. Log into your account to make sure plan status is ACTIVE or something else.

Need Help? Let's chat.