cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation issue using vouchers. Still not working.

iba2016
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Visa debit did not work for me when I tried to activate. I bought vouchers to use instead. Once I put in the vouchers and got to the end of the process... I got very odd message. It says I successfully activated and couldn't activate at the same time. I tried two times and got welcome emails but when I try to log in it says my email address isn't in the system... and it also seems to have created two different account numbers! When I click forgot password it says my email address is not in the system.

I'm seriously regretting my decision now but I can't return these stupid vouchers!! This is the worst. What should I do?! I can't even email Public without an active account! I feel like I've just been totally ripped off. Screenshot without personal info below.

Also, if you're having the same struggle please post your story below and maybe Telus/Public Mobile will actually read this and help

original.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5

iba2016

@NDesai @Luddite thank you for your help! I am going to contact them directly.

Have you tried in another browser? I know i am making you try bunch of stuff, but sometimes these are the issues that can resolve. 

But it looks like your sim number is still valid, it means it didn't activate at all. 

Read the info here to reach staff member: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

Please read this post for instructions on what to do next: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

Your WInd SIM will continue to work until the port-in completes. Do not cancel your Wind account; let the system do that.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

iba2016

This did not work, and the number I requested to port is still working on Wind. I can't get my money back and neither "accepted" method of payment has worked. I appreciate your suggestion of trying the sim again but I this is definitely a rip off. I just want what I tried to pay for.

Just tried for a 3rd time. Another account number generated and another identical message to the one posted above. Is this forum seriously the only way for people to get help?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Don't feel ripped off as i am sure it will be resolved. 

Can you try inserting the sim in your phone and see if services are working? 

Let us know and if needed, staff member will help you completing the activation process. 

Need Help? Let's chat.