cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation fail? I R SMRT.

ryankw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi can someone assist me with the sign up process?

I tried my darndest with filling as much of the required info as I can.

old number, IMEI, Alternate phone (assuming I enter my brand/model of my existing phone), Authorization Name (My name?). 

I'm sure a few of you guys tried doing the same and got the same message.

Please help me rectify this problem, my bill is coming up for renewal and this is the perfect time to switch.

"Sorry, we are unable to process this request. Please visit our online Community at publicmobile.ca/community for assistance."

Thanks

Can a mod who is monitoring the threads please let me know what I am doing wrong with the activation process? I understanding the amount of influx of users having issue with their account.

6 REPLIES 6

magimug

Does having unheard voicemail messages with your old provider affect porting?

Nope...tried it...had 2 voicemails with Virgin...deleted...put PM sim back and rebooted phone...waited...nothing yet

"SIGH"....still in Partial Porting Purgatory

ryankw

Issue has been resolved. I guess I spent the evening solving the issue that I forgot to save/listen from my old provider voicemail before I switched SIM.

ryankw

After it failed the processing part, I get exact same error message "Sorry, we are unable to process this request. Please visit our online Community at publicmobile.ca/community for assistance."

twestacott

Does it give you an error or anything?

ryankw

Thanks, but I've tried everything. Maybe it's due to the congestion of people trying to activate and port over their numbers.

I am still stuck at the Online Activation >Phone Number. Where I am trying to port over my existing number.

Hopefully I can get this resolved by today, if not next week?

Thanks

twestacott

Old number = your mobile number you are porting

IMEI = Go to your phone dialer and punch in *#06#. That should display the IMEI of your phone

Alternate Phone = An alternate contact phone number

Authroization Name = Name of the person on your old account who is authorized to port/close it

If you get an error try then try it in a different browser. Hoep this helps

Need Help? Let's chat.