cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activated new number/service unable to make/receive calls

dhayer430
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Mods please help @Saray_O @Shazia_K @Mary_M

This is not a port. It is new number or new sim and plan please help. Anyone if they know whats the issue and how can that be resolved it will be much appreciated!!

7 REPLIES 7

dhayer430

Phone is Nokia - TA-1011 Android version is 7.1.1

I am able to receive & send Text Messages. I am able to use data on the device. Using this new number 

However the only thing I am not able to do is make calls (it just disconnects after waiting to dial) and receive calls(goes straight to VM)

Steps Tried: 

1) Took sim out and put it back in, Restarted the phone a few times

2) As a solution mentioned in another discussion I tried suspending and resuming the service. Still only able to send/receive texts and data. No calls yet

I am running out of options

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dhayer430 wrote:

yes

Hi @dhayer430 , are you able to provide some additional information?  That's not enough for us to determine what the problem might be.

Use the link that @Lieux provided to send a private message to the moderators.  Response time is between a few hours up to 48 hours.  In the meantime, we can try and sort out what's happening, if you're able to provide us with some further details.

dhayer430

yes

Harjind
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@dhayer430 wrote:

This is not a port. It is new number or new sim and plan please help. Anyone if they know whats the issue and how can that be resolved it will be much appreciated!!

Are you able to send/recieve text messages? 

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dhayer430 wrote:

Hi @dhayer430 , just need a few more deatils to help us try to figure out why it's not working.

When you login to your self-serve accoun what is the Account Status?

What plan did you activate?

Activate in-store or online?

What phone do you have?

Are there any error messages on your phone?

Have you tried the SIM card in another phone?

Have you tried a SIM card, that you know works from another phone, in your phone?

Is the phone locked?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@dhayer430 

More details on your situation may be helpful.

Did your payment go through?  Check your online credit card statement.  When you put in your SIM card in, what does your screen show?  Which model phone do you have?

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@dhayer430 wrote:

To receive help from the moderator you need to write here...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 And give them details of your problem Waiting time is few hours to 2 days..

And you can try that..go in your self serve account an tab PLAN/ADD-ONS and click on phone lost/stolen and close your phone 5 minutes. Open it again and click on reactivate the service. Tell us if it helped.

Need Help? Let's chat.