cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activated a SIM card but phone unable to detect the SIM card

pamkj2000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I was able to activate the SIM card successfully but after activation the phone is not able to detect the sim card. I have tried the SIM card with 3 unlocked phones now. I have made sure the phones work with Public Mobile as I have another working Public Mobile SIM card that works with the 3 phones. The sim card is defective. Can someone from the @Moderator_Team send me a new sim card.

Thank you,

Mahendra

10 REPLIES 10

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey do you ever get your sim card to work? Or did you have to buy a new one?

@Luddite thanks, will do 👍

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@pamkj2000  Very unusual for a new SIM to fail. Hopefully a reset by the moderators will be the fix. 
Was your credit card charged? If not try activating again. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@gpixel FYI: best to include info on ticket creation as primary, and private message as secondary. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@pamkj2000 Now reset your network on the Iphone se and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so. It couls also be an improperly provisioned SIM card. Contacting the moderators would reset that. Stay safe. 

pamkj2000

That did not work but thank you replying to my message. I have created a ticket using the chatbot.

@pamkj2000  which one is your principal phone? If its the iPhone SE try syncing it to iTunes
1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
6. Disconnect and restart. From @luddite.

If its the LG power 2 or the Samsung A10e try a network reset.If you require more help after. Ask. Stay safe.

pamkj2000

I have tried it on 3 phones so far - LG X Power 2, iPhone SE and and Samsung A10e

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Whats the make and model of your phone @pamkj2000? Thanks. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

submit ticket-01.jpeg

@pamkj2000 contact moderators here they can probably fix your account

1. faster response time (use the chat bubble options, then click "submit ticket, click me" option)
https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

2. slower response time:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

Need Help? Let's chat.