cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspended after 5 days!

patricklapointe
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I reffered a friend on March 27th. My friend selected autopay. She paid 25$ for the plan and it was suspended today April 1st. She received a text from public mobile saying that her payment is due on April 1st. Then she received another text saying to ignore the previous message and that her payment is due on April 26th instead. Her account is still suspended and she cannot make phone calls!

Please help, Thank you team!

23 REPLIES 23

@patricklapointe 

If you didnt know any better you would think the pm payment system spawned a trickster for the day....new 5 day plans! I would be curious to see the payment history. The account took the full $25 and applied it to the renewal. Not $10 only for "30 day plan"? And leave a $15 credit in the balance?

In January with no warning my plan renewed mid month applying only the $10/30 day plan cost. It did not reset my data and it changed my renewal date by about 17 days. I was checking out something else in my account a few days after this had happened when I noticed the change in renewal date and then looked at my payment history. I had a positive balance so it renewed successfully at random. It took some tinkering by the moderator and waiting for my normal renewal date that still failed to renew but didn't suspend or expire either. The very dedicated moderator finally got the account properly reset and it renewed successfully last month.

However my renewal from last night/this morning is a bit delayed and is showing signs of a possible renewal failure.....again!

@AE_Collector wrote:

Well there is still a problem though, she only got 5 days from her first $25 for some reason  and had to purchase another 30 days today. I would take the easy route to contact moderators by private messaging by clicking the envelope top right corner. Then click New Message (or is it Send Message) and enter Moderator_Team in the Send To Box.

AE_Collector

@patricklapointe BTW you and/or your friend should contact Moderators from her account and not yours. It's good practice, less confusing and less chance of errors for moderators.

To submit a ticket to Moderators: Click the green question mark at bottom and enter your question into SIMon. Answer the prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If you encounter problems with submitting a ticket, you can send a private message to Moderators, but this alternate contact method may have longer response time.

Well there is still a problem though, she only got 5 days from her first $25 for some reason  and had to purchase another 30 days today. I would take the easy route to contact moderators by private messaging by clicking the envelope top right corner. Then click New Message (or is it Send Message) and enter Moderator_Team in the Send To Box.

AE_Collector

@patricklapointe wrote:

Hi!  Me again!  🙂

My questions are at the end if this message!

First ...just to put you back in the situation:

I reffered a friend on March 27th. My friend selected autopay. She paid 25$ for the plan and it was suspended today April 1st. She received a text from public mobile saying that her payment is due on April 1st. Then she received another text saying to ignore the previous message and that her payment is due on April 26th instead. Her account is still suspended and she cannot make phone calls!

We tried reebooting her phone, adding 1$ to her account, lost/stolen, tried her sim card on another cell, put it on airplane mode... and all the other recommandations given by the team on the team chat.  Nothing worked so they told me to contact a moderator.

Because her account was suspended, she couldn't make any calls with her phone and she really needed it to work.  I read that it could take a while to get a communication with a moderator and get the problem solved... so she paid another 25$ on April 2nd for her plan to make it work.  Now it says that her next payment is due on May 2nd instead of April 26th.

Questions:

It's my first time here so...

- First, I have to start a conversation with SIMon to get a ticket?

- What info do I have to write in my first message to get a ticket?

- Is it ok if I contact the moderator for my friend because she is not at ease with these things?

Thank you very much "team" for helping me... and my friend!  🙂

@patricklapointe  Ask your friend to call 611 from their device and report back the balance in the account and her next plan renewal date. If they have $26.00 in their account then it's not a problem because those funds will be used to renew her plan on May 2nd. Therefore no need to submit a ticket.

@patricklapointe wrote:

Hi!  Me again!  🙂

We tried reebooting her phone, adding 1$ to her account, lost/stolen, tried her sim card on another cell, put it on airplane mode... and all the other recommandations given by the team on the team chat.  Nothing worked so they told me to contact a moderator.

Because her account was suspended, she couldn't make any calls with her phone and she really needed it to work.  I read that it could take a while to get a communication with a moderator and get the problem solved... so she paid another 25$ on April 2nd for her plan to make it work.  Now it says that her next payment is due on May 2nd instead of April 26th.

Questions:

- Is it ok if I contact the moderator for my friend because she is not at ease with these things?

@patricklapointe   You can verify the account information when you receive a response from the moderators, although some of the verification happens when you submit the ticket too.  Just follow all the prompts when submitting a ticket and then wait for the response, which will show up in the envelope icon (top right of your screen), and provide whatever other information the moderators are requesting.

patricklapointe

Hi!  Me again!  🙂

Questions:

@CannonFodder wrote:

@JoyLuck  I think you need to read the OP's 1st post in this thread - it's not about a plan being suspended because it wasn't paid up....

..sorry my bad

@JoyLuck  I think you need to read the OP's 1st post in this thread - it's not about a plan being suspended because it wasn't paid up....

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

You may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.

Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.

1. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
    3. Select the reactivate account button.
  2. Restart your phone.
    or You can also use 611 to make your payment.:
    1. press 1 to make payment
    2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
    3. press 1 amount due.
  3. Restart your phone.

@patricklapointe wrote:

It's my first time here.  Do I have to click somewhere so that you earn points because you tried to help me? 🙂

No, it's not required..... it's usually a case of hitting the thumbs-up "Bravo" button, in the bottom left corner of any post that was helpful, and/or selecting as a "Solution", the post that solved the problem. In this case, some folks have given the standard tricks to try, and none seem to have helped, so you may be left with contacting the Moderator team for help, and if that turns out to be the case, then select the 1st and/or best post that directed you to the Moderators as the solution, once the issue has been resolved. That's pretty much all there is to it.

That, and try the advice mentioned in the 2 posts between your last one, and this one of mine.

Yes I was just going to suggest trying her sim card in your phone or any other phone. Service will follow the SIM card so if that works it is a phone problem.

And the problem is that nothing works, right? Voice, text, data... All out of service?

AE_Collector

@patricklapointe you can click on 👍 to give bravos.

Before your friend contacts Moderators, make sure her service has been suspended:

- restart phone if needed

- logon her account to check status

- try SIM card on another phone to confirm issue is not hardware related.

patricklapointe

Hi!  Yes, everything worked perfectly fine fir her until today.  We tried the 1$ trick and it didn't work... tried to restart her cell... Removed and replaced the sim card too...no luck.

It's my first time here.  Do I have to click somewhere so that you earn points because you tried to help me? 🙂

Something else is wrong. Those erroneous renewal text messages that have been going out have nothing to do with plans actually being suspended. Maybe ran out of outgoing minutes if on the $15 plan? Or out of data? 

AE_Collector

@patricklapointe wrote:

Thanks, but it didn't work either for airplane mode... 🙂

@patricklapointe  So you have tried all the workarounds including topping up and lost/stolen phone trick?  Looks like only the moderators will be able to assist now, so hopefully you've sent them a message.

One other thing to try is to power off your phone, remove the SIM, wait 5 mins, reinsert SIM and restart your phone.

patricklapointe

Thanks, but it didn't work either for airplane mode... 🙂

@patricklapointe wrote:

Thanks.  We tried but didn't work...

Try putting phone in Airplane mode for 5 minutes...then turn back on. See if this helps to get going again. Let us know.

🤞

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If restarting or adding$1 and restarting doesn't work she should contact moderators

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

patricklapointe

Thanks.  We tried but didn't work...

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@patricklapointe  have her try restarting her phone. Turn it off, wait 30 seconds and restart it.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@patricklapointe wrote:

@patricklapointe   Yes that doesn't sound right at all if she activated on the 27th March, then her payment should 26th of this month.  Was everything working prior to today?

She can try topping up her account with $1 and rebooting the phone to see if it will reset her account.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

If above tricks don't work, your friend will have to contact Moderators for help.

To submit a ticket to Moderators: Click the green question mark at bottom and enter your question into SIMon. Answer the prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If you encounter problems with submitting a ticket, you can send a private message to Moderators, but this alternate contact method may have longer response time.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@patricklapointe wrote:

@patricklapointe 

Try the following to get plan re-activated again. (Just keep going down the list)

1. Restart your phone
  2. Lost/Stolen trick a1.PNG

A2.PNG

wait a couple of minutes and then declare your phone found by using the same steps from above and restart your phone.

3. Add $1 to your account funds

If none of the above methods work submit a ticket to the Moderator Team for help.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.