cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account number

Xiaodong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had an account with public mobile and recently ported over to Fido. I need my account number and PIN to complete the transfer of my phone number. Please reach out to me via email and provide me this info ASAP.

i can not sign up online as my account is in the process of cancellation/porting over.

thank you

2 REPLIES 2

@Xiaodong wrote:

I had an account with public mobile and recently ported over to Fido. I need my account number and PIN to complete the transfer of my phone number. Please reach out to me via email and provide me this info ASAP.

i can not sign up online as my account is in the process of cancellation/porting over.

thank you

I notice that you say that you "had" an account with Public Mobile?  Does it still work?  If not, your number porting is done, or it was closed earlier.  You need an active account to port over.

Also, I do not believe that being in the process of porting out would prevent you from starting a self-serve account at Public Mobile.  If the port has not goine through, you should be able to. And as you say that you didn't have the required Public Mobile account infromation to port out, it wouldn't have went through.

As for the PIN number, don't worry about it. You don't need it.  As for the account number, that is in the self-serve account.  Normally, Public Mobile also sends the account number in a welcome e-mail when you activated, although if you activated in store, I'm unsure if that process gets changed.  As @Luddite was saying, otherwise, only the moderators could help you get that information.

If you Public Mobile acccount is still active, I'll go a step further and say that you shouldn't even need the Public Mobile account number or PIN number to port out.  You should be able to use the IMEI.  The IMEI would be the one of the most recent devices that you have used at Public Mobile.

If your account is already at closed at Public Mobile, you cannot transfer the phone number. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Xiaodong wrote:

thank you

If the port to Fido has finished your self serve account has been closed.

If you failed to pay and your plan expired, then you will need to buy a $10 plan to activate it.

To regain access to your PM account, try the account reset function here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/. If that fails, click this https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.