cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account disabled during porting process to Koodo

wl3chan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not sure if anyone experience this but I was trying to porting my activate public mobile number, but it failed because it's deactivated. I was on the phone with the activate number when then ported. My phone was disconnected and the porting fail. Now my account is disabled and I can't port my number. How can my public mobile account be deactivated before ported over to Koodo?

I also added $20 to ensure my number doesn't get deactivated on the next cycle.

This seems like a bug in the system. Anyone else experience this?

10 REPLIES 10

wl3chan

Turns out my number didn't port over successfully and was in limbo.

Koodo agent had to call public mobile helped me fix the number.

Thank you all.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hope your last interaction with PM will be a quick one.

@wl3chanwrote:

I can't login into my account anymore, it's disabled.
I made the $20 payment a few days ago before porting and scheduled the new plan for the next billing cycle which is suppose to happen tomorrow.

Then, unfortunately, you will need moderator assistance. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation. Moderator hours are: Monday - Friday 9AM (ET) - 9PM (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9AM (ET) - 7:00PM (ET).

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

wl3chan

I can't login into my account anymore, it's disabled.
I made the $20 payment a few days ago before porting and scheduled the new plan for the next billing cycle which is suppose to happen tomorrow.

@wl3chan See if you can login to your account. If you made a 1 time payment for $20 and turned off autopay, it may still be showing.

This scenario could happen if you tried to change your plan after it had already expired.

Otherwise, it's a Koodo-PM system glitch.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

wl3chan

I topped up with $20 and change my next billing cycle to a $20 plan for this exact reason and it still happened.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@wl3chan, this could only occur if there was a renewal happening coincident with the port.  The solution is to switch to a minimum cost plan and top up.

jaswest2754
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You figure that closing the PM account should be the last step of the Koodo-PM port proccess. Even if they have to set up a temp number on the PM account until the port is confirmed successful.

wl3chan

Yeah I've reached out to Koodo they said I need to contact public mobile to reactivate my account cause it got disabled. I've sent a private message to moderator. Hopefully this resolved soon. Will update as soon as I get an answer.

I just don't understand how this can happen and wanted others to know about the issue if this is a bug in the system.

PJC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

That's odd, looks like something went wrong during the porting process. Have you reached out to Koodo already? You should also send a message to the moderators here on Public Mobile to see if they can tell you what happened..

Need Help? Let's chat.