cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account disabled after port out phone number, i need to transfer my plan

lolocandy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi,

I am doing transfer my account to my friend, and I need to keep my old phone number and give the 4G plan to my friend.  After I ported my old phone number from PM to other carrier, i can not access my old account anymore. I still have 2.5 month prepaid plan balance and 400 min long distance minute.

Now the problem is, how I can transfer my balance to my friend and keep everything as same as before so my friend can keep using my 4G promo plan?

thanks

16 REPLIES 16

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lolocandy wrote:

i was using Rogers, after i ported my phone number to PM, i still can access my Rogers account, I can still pay bill or do some limited things.

Yes, because Rogers is post-paid and so they keep your self service account active so that you can fetch your bill.  Your actual *account* associated with your phone line is closed, though.  Since you ported out from PM, it closed the account linked to your phone number (like it does with every single carrier), and since it's prepaid, that means all your credits are gone and the plan associated with the account is also no longer available.

If you're really lucky, @Shazia_K or one of the other mods may still be able to help you, but I certainly wouldn't hold my breath.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

OP, I suggest you private message a moderator and sell some goodwill from them.  Explain your situation and how through an honest mistake, you lost a bunch of prepaid service.  They might be able to offer you something.  Just don't take the attitude of entitlement.  Be nice.

lolocandy

@kav2001cyes, that what i do in rogers, rogers keep your account for a while after you port out the phone number.

lolocandy

@ute1978I dont want leave, I  prepaid money, and I want keep use it, only the owner changed, everything else stay same, it is make sense.

lolocandy

i was using Rogers, after i ported my phone number to PM, i still can access my Rogers account, I can still pay bill or do some limited things.

In PM self service system has more freedom to change phone number, do more things. before i ported out my number today, i double checked there is an option that can select any available number in the PM list if I want to change. thats why i just do port out directly. I thought i can change number later for my friend who want to take over my plan. unfortunitely its not.

The reason that I am doing this is because my friend in other province needs a lot of data but i dont need that many. so i choose other carrier with less data and give my current plan to my friend.

I think PM need to consider that give more freedom to transfer plan rather than kick out of exist customers. I like PM, I dont have complain with PM so far, I just give the plan to somebody need it. if in future PM has plan more fit to me, i will definitely switch back.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@lolocandy why would you port out if you wanted to give someone your plan? Porting cancels your account...

A few posters above are making reference to prepay... but even postpaid would cancel in this scenario

@crazycolby wrote:

It's like fido, my account disabled after when I ported out my fido phone number to Public Mobile.

@crazycolby Fido (like most providers) actually still gives access to your account after it is cancelled.

Trick is you need to login with your email since your phone number is no longer with them

ute1978

@Mofokid wrote:

This is a disgusting way to look at things, PM is not a scammer carrier, what you're suggesting it out of line. If its in PM power to reactivate the account I think they should or at least make the effort but to keep the OP money and say f off is ridiculous. Sounds like what a spiteful, immature person would do.

Unfortunately PM plans are prepaid plans which means you pay in advance. If you want to leave earlier, unused service gets forfeited. That's how everything "prepaid" works, not only at PM.

Mofokid

This is a disgusting way to look at things, PM is not a scammer carrier, what you're suggesting it out of line. If its in PM power to reactivate the account I think they should or at least make the effort but to keep the OP money and say f off is ridiculous. Sounds like what a spiteful, immature person would do.

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
That's unfortunate, but that's how all the carriers work
Once you port your number out the account closes.

Mofokid

By porting your number you said to PM that you want to close your account with them, this goes for every carrier not just PM.  Personally I would have changed the PM number make sure its working ok then do a port or tell the new carrier the number want all in the same hour so you don't lose your number.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
🤐

ute1978

It is really unfortunate what happened, but it is normal procedure with every carrier. As soon as you port out a number, this number cannot exist twice. That's why the old account gets closed.

Hopefully one of the mods can activate the account with another phone number for your friend to take over.

crazycolby
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's like fido, my account disabled after when I ported out my fido phone number to Public Mobile.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@lolocandy  as stated by @jaswest2754 PM is a prepaid service and when you port out your number you are cancelling your account with that provider.  So I think you have lost all of that.  You can contact a MOD to see what they can do but really my thoughts are why help someone that has left your service and you already have their money.  I know you will say well  you will be able to have someone take over your plan but to PM if you were on the fall promo then whoever you were going to get to take over your plan won't have access to that plan either so if htey are serious about coming to PM they will have to get on a standard plan which is less data for the same money.  If I was PM I would see this as a win win for me.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

jaswest2754
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think you did yourself in on this one. When you port out the number it closes the account. You can try with the assistance of a moderator but I think you lost everything. Sorry 😞

Need Help? Let's chat.