cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Suspended But Still Working Normally?

zoeongp
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought a $40 voucher to renew my plan this month but forgot to use the voucher until 20 minutes ago. When I log into my account on here it tells me my account is suspended and I have to top up before December 1st, 2020 yet my account balance is sitting at $41 and all of my features are working as if paid so I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and my account is fine or should I be worried?

6 REPLIES 6

@Korth it's not really suspended. The service works. Service was never cut and it's not about delays or syncs. The renewal will happen later today and that's when the money will be taken from balance. The suspended message can be ignored by all members if the service works.

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@Korth It's not about being in sync. The expired and suspended stuff happens to everybody on renewal night.

It probably does. Service might kick back in immediately, if it was interrupted at all. While the Self-Serve info lags behind.

There's a lot of little problems like this on PM. Brief and self-correcting. It suggests a big kludge made out of many interconnected systems.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Is today your renewal day?

At renewal that account goes like this.

• Active to expired
  • Expired to Suspended with this note
  • Screenshot_20200205_002706.jpg

• Later today when system updates everything the account goes suspended back to active
  • Once everything is updated the new next payment due date will show

As long as all your service is working this is the normal procedure on the account at renewal time.

@Korth It's not about being in sync. The expired and suspended stuff happens to everybody on renewal night. The ttile says it works too so they don't need to check.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@zoeongp Your account isn't suspended. The renewal will hapen soon. The message says to ignore expired messages if you have enough in the account.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

The webservers, billing systems, and network hardware aren't always in sync. If any of them changes (or breaks) then it takes time for the others to get updated.

And the websites are notoriously unreliable (even buggy) during peak demand periods. If the service works then it works. If you login tomorrow you'll probably find the "issue" has fixed itself.

That being said, you should confirm calling/texting/whatever still works on your phone. If necessary, you can click "reactivate my service" in Self-Serve.

Need Help? Let's chat.