cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidental 5 minute us roaming..

Adharden
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi community, hoping to reach a @Moderator here.  Yesterday I crossed into the us to pick something up, and forgot to turn my cellular data off for about 5 mins, at 1:00 or so.. I'm hoping to ask for clemency for this particular slip-up to hopefully avoid any roaming charges... thanks for your consideration.

8 REPLIES 8

@Adharden   WHEW!!! Aren't you glad you chose public mobile!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Adharden wrote:

Hi community, hoping to reach a @moderator here.  Yesterday I crossed into the us to pick something up, and forgot to turn my cellular data off for about 5 mins, at 1:00 or so.. I'm hoping to ask for clemency for this particular slip-up to hopefully avoid any roaming charges... thanks for your consideration.

@Adharden  No worries and no need for a moderator. You can keep your data on and roaming on. Public does not auto charge for roaming it's strictly a prepaid provider. So if a service you haven't prepaid for works enjoy it, it's free!! Smiley Happy

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Adharden wrote:

Hi community, hoping to reach a @moderator here.  Yesterday I crossed into the us to pick something up, and forgot to turn my cellular data off for about 5 mins, at 1:00 or so.. I'm hoping to ask for clemency for this particular slip-up to hopefully avoid any roaming charges... thanks for your consideration.

As stated there are no roaming charges.  You must have still be connected to a Canadian Tower if you still had service in the US if you hadn't purchased the US Roaming Add-on

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Adharden Welcome to PM.  As mentioned PM is prepaid and you will not be charged. You would have gotten a message saying essentially you have no U.S. service. So there is no need to contact a moderator .

@Adharden wrote:

Public Mobile is prepaid..there are no additional charges .if it works it works and what does not work is cause you haven't paid for.

In USA you need to buy a USA roaming add-on if you want your phone to work in the states...you did not...so don't worry about it .you will not be charged anything as it's all prepaid upfront.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Public mobile is prepaid

If it works its included in your package

Are you on 60 travellers package

Maybe you were connected to telus tower across the border or connected.

They can only charge you if you buy the package at the point of sale, you will never get bill afterwards

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Adharden wrote:

There's no overages with Public Mobile.

You cannot be charged for anything you have not already purchased.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

You will not be charged

Need Help? Let's chat.