cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About to Activate

CoderAndrew
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would like to offer a member who would like to PM me their Phone number I will use them as my referral. Get some money off your bill.

First PM I get with a number gets the referral.

**Edit** I see the forums don't seem to have PM option. OK first response with a valid PM number

17 REPLIES 17

CoderAndrew

Hate to say it but I'm a programmer and could easily automate a system such as activation.

There are very simple business rules at play in their software, however even the simplest things fail such as having an account with the same email as Koodo.

Each record should have a unique identifier to avoid things like this in a database. As for credit card processing this is likely the result of poor code.

I've written plenty of payment processing code that can handle simple transactions quickly and efficiently.

If they have anything more than 1 coder working on their backend, then there's no excuse for not fixing this stuff in a timely fashion.

If I worked this slow at my job, I wouldn't have a job.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

They are finding the bugs, albeit not as quickly as some would hope.

I believe that the major problem, in general terms, is that the original servers (pre-Telus) were never programmed with the potential of full automation. Now that PM shares server space with Koodo, the challenge is how to fully automate a system, while, at the same time, carrying on business, hence Beta and its glitches.

Food for thought.

CoderAndrew

@Martin I will definitely hang in. I think in this stage of the beta they need on call support. Once they've ironed out more of the specifics then go to 2 day email support but for now you figure they would be trying hard to squash bugs.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi again,

Under the best of circumstances, it would be 1 or 2 calendar days before you were to receive a reply. Considering the current spate of unexpected problems, the response time will be longer.

Hang in there!

CoderAndrew

Emailed and Tweeted at them just today and haven't heard anything.. I'm sure it'll be a couple of days. Wish it was faster but not much I can do.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

On what date(s) did you send webmail to customer assistance? If you received a reply, on what date was it, and what was the reply?

I look forward to your reply.

CoderAndrew

Working my butt off to be a customer here and was willing to pay over $200 up front to do so.... Still waiting on a response....

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CoderAndrew wrote:

I would suggest whatever gateway they are using is a pile of junk and swap it out for something else.

^^^^^ that!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@CoderAndrew yeah that's fair!  I only used this for the initial payment and I'm hoping to get my card set up correctly for AutoPay going forward.  Bascially it was worth it for me to lose one cycle's worth of Auto Pay discount to start saving the over $20/month (after tax) by switching right away.  I think.  Maybe I just got impatient.  😉

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

CoderAndrew

I am really hopeful that they do too. It's kinda frustrating trying to hop on this awesome beta service and running into something as simple as payment.

I would suggest whatever gateway they are using is a pile of junk and swap it out for something else.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

On the plus side, PM is finding the reasons for chronic problems. I'm confident that all problems, including double billing, will be eliminated before the official launch.

FYI.

CoderAndrew

Yeah thing is I want to be able to benefit from the discount with autopay and really don't want to attach my visa debit card here after reading about the numerous double billings that take place.

srlawren

I had this issue too, @CoderAndrew.  I'm still waiting for resolution to that.  In the meantime, I went out to my local Shell station (there's a list on the site here somewhere of places you can buy) and bought a couple of "vouchers" that add up to the amount I needed to pay for my initial service.  The self serve service took those right away.  This might be a useful workaround to get you started?

If you're doing that, buy the voucher for the amount you need for your plan, before taxes.  So if the plan tool shows you at $100, then ask for $100 worth of vouchers, and the voucher buying system will automatically charge you $100+your local taxes.  You basically get a PIN code which you enter as a voucher number in self-serve, and voila.

CoderAndrew

OK so I tried to activate but the system doesn't lilke either of my credit cards.

Reached out to PM just waiting to find out how to go about troubleshooting the issue.

imm1304

There is a private message option.  Check your inbox. I sent you a message.   

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Both the mobile and full versions have the private message option. Just click the username, and the user's profile is displayed, including the option to send a private message.

FYI.

Daniel
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I would be happy to give you my number (by email) but I would need PM approuval. Give me your e-mail and I'll send you a message.

Need Help? Let's chat.