cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A friendly warning - Don't lose your 4 digit pin code.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Over on the French board, another PMer forgot their security question and needed to get back into their account. This was the information required by a moderator.

Hello! Can you provide me with your account PIN number and telephone number?

If you do not remember the PIN, please provide the following information to gain access to your Public Mobile account:

-Full name on the account

-10-digit phone number

-Date of Birth

-Four last digits of a prerecorded credit card

-Full address

-Commonly called numbers or SMS

-Date and time of last recharge

-The latest add-on purchased and the date and time

-E-mail adress

Thank you so much !

****Public Mobile Moderator

So as you can see the 4 digit pin code saves you from a whole lot of headache. Stay safe.

21 REPLIES 21

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@gblackma I wish they had yubikey. a 2FA physical device it gives a 24digit number basically unhackable. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@gblackma  also are you on the frnch server as well??? You are a super hero. lol

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@gblackma probably the same french guy that private mesaaged me 5x asking to get into his account lol

akosiryan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

noted

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Check the phone that you activated the PM sim with, as the messages are stored there. That is providing you still have the phone and you have not deleted the message. The first text I got from PM was a 4 digit number. Is that number something we created or PM generated it for us? Mine sure looked like a number i would have chosen

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LurganIeUk wrote:

When I signed up I was using a Windows phone and it was stored on my phone to find on my last two phones (Android) without adding it to the phone I have been able to find my pin under Messages app >>>settings>>>Advanced>>>SIM Card Messages and my PIN is there

And what if:

Your Phone is Lost or stolen?

Your Phone is destroyed?

Is it stored on your SIM card?

Create a moderator support ticket to ask moderator for the PIN#.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BearFBI wrote:

@totalUser Yeah ill write it in my notes. Its locked with my Phone PIN. If I forget my phone PIN then I must have memory issues. 

After activation, PM sent you 2 text messages with your PIN#.  The first text message contains the randomly generated PIN# by PM just in case you did not supply a PIN# during activation.  The second text message contains the PIN# you supplied during activation.  If you did not delete your PIN# text message.  It is another to keep your PIN# on your phone.

When I signed up I was using a Windows phone and it was stored on my phone to find on my last two phones (Android) without adding it to the phone I have been able to find my pin under Messages app >>>settings>>>Advanced>>>SIM Card Messages and my PIN is there

And what if:

Your Phone is Lost or stolen?

Your Phone is destroyed?

Is it stored on your SIM card?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@gblackma wrote:

Over on the French board, another PMer forgot their security question and needed to get back into their account. This was the information required by a moderator.

Hello! Can you provide me with your account PIN number and telephone number?

If you do not remember the PIN, please provide the following information to gain access to your Public Mobile account:

-Full name on the account

-10-digit phone number

-Date of Birth

-Four last digits of a prerecorded credit card

-Full address

-Commonly called numbers or SMS

-Date and time of last recharge

-The latest add-on purchased and the date and time

-E-mail adress

Thank you so much !

****Public Mobile Moderator

So as you can see the 4 digit pin code saves you from a whole lot of headache. Stay safe.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The 4 digit PIN is sent via SMS after successful activation.  If people religiously keep SMS records, there is no need to write anything down.  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@gblackma previously before the was the ticketing system that is the information they required, however it was only 3 of those and probably still the case as there is no identity verification you could put in any birthdate, or address and may not have a credit card on file

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

i have a passwords file with it all. It is also backed up over 3 medias. But would be nice to change online. But I see if your Account is hacked you can see your security question and answer is even visible. It appears the only thing not there is your PIN number. But why not have to input existing number first then make a change and a verified change. One error and your Account gets locked. 

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, I wrote down on a notebook..

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello@LurganIeUk

The Pin can be changed only by Moderators through private message on Community.

Lucian PM Mod

Is their an online opportunity to change your PIN number?

BearFBI

@totalUser No its a local copy. But is secured by my Phone PIN and fingerprint.

@BearFBI can you access those notes from the web? Unless you only keep local copy, I wouldn't

BearFBI

@totalUser Yeah ill write it in my notes. Its locked with my Phone PIN. If I forget my phone PIN then I must have memory issues. 

@BearFBI 

Don't write it anywhere online if somebody makes it into your account, there it is best tool for porting

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @gblackma 

It also keeps you safe so you should not share it or use something that's easy to guess like your last 4 digits, year of birth, or date of birth. You should really keep it safe

BearFBI

Thanks @gblackma I was scared for a moment because I literally forgot about my 4 Digit Pin. I got it on the second attempt. I better write that down somewhere.

Need Help? Let's chat.