cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

866 and 877 numbers filling my voicemail without calling

Mjørk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Pretty self explanatory in the title, but I get constant voicemails from 866 and 877 numbers that are blank. In addition, they somehow leave these blank voicemails without calling me, so I can't block the numbers. Anybody else have this issue/know why this is happening/know how to stop it?? 

33 REPLIES 33

Mjørk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@computergeek541 But why don't they leave spam messages then? Also it's been many months and I don't think they've moved on. Do you have this issue as well? Would it make a difference if I changed my number

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

These are just spam callers.  I get a lot from Africa where they intentionally hang up after one ring to trick people into calling back and incurring huge long distance charges.  Luckily Public Mobile is prepaid and that trick would never work.  

@Mjørk wrote:

Pretty self explanatory in the title, but I get constant voicemails from 866 and 877 numbers that are blank. In addition, they somehow leave these blank voicemails without calling me, so I can't block the numbers. Anybody else have this issue/know why this is happening/know how to stop it?? 

There really isn't much you can do abiut this other than to ignore it  Eventually, the organizations leaving these messages move on.  I do believe that it's possible to exploit voicemail retrieval numbers at some carriers to leave messages for others without calling that person's phone number.

Need Help? Let's chat.