cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$8 US Roaming - Unlimited text add-ons

SWND
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am on a $10 plan (limit to 50 text). I need to use more text this month. Can I use the $8 US Roaming - Unlimited text add-ons in Canada? Any suggestion? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SWND You can download an app such as "TextNow". You can send text or even call any number to North America for free. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@SWND wrote:

I am on a $10 plan (limit to 50 text). I need to use more text this month. Can I use the $8 US Roaming - Unlimited text add-ons in Canada? Any suggestion? Thanks.

@SWND...If you have access to reliable wifi...consider getting a free voip app such as TextNow. It's free and you get a Cdn phone number so you can make free calls and texts.

I'm sure there's other voip apps, but I've used TextNow and seems to work good as long as you have a robust wifi signal. Works in most Walmarts or Tim Horton coffee shops with wifi.

As the others have told you...the US Texting Add-on will only work while you're in US.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@SWND  You might want to consider moving up to the $15 plan the extra $5 every 30 days gives you unlimited incoming calls and unlimited texting. If your using AutoPay it comes out to $13 and you get 250MB of data.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SWND wrote:

US roaming add-on is for sending text while your are in USA.  It will not work while you are in Canada.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SWND wrote:

Roaming is only for use while in the states. No text add-ons. Use a wifi texting app maybe instead.

Need Help? Let's chat.