Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6GB for $40 now being offered for Koodo switch

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just got a text 6GB for $40

GOKOODO406GB

ublic Mobile here. Con: A deal this good won't last too long. Pro: 6GB for $40. That's right, an extra 2GB! We're all about giving you choice, so if you're craving more data for the same price, join Koodo by March 15. Get 6GB of data, unlimited text and unlimited Canada-wide minutes for $40/month plus you may qualify for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab. And get a one-time $100 bill credit! Offer valid for . Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO406GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

475 REPLIES 475

cricketfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Delete post .lol

dr-et
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

my biggest fear is that once at Koodo thy will be able to raise

the prices at will and they will do it.

PM was predictable and for once loyalty was rewarded.

for those desperate for extra data it might be locking but for us with accessto wifi for the majority of the day PM still better

gachi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah that's the part that has me concerned - why such the hard push?

Do they really want to get rid of PM customers or PM altogether?  Or will they be crippling PM in the future (eg. support 3G only with no LTE support)?  

Purely speculating, but that's my guess (3G only) since both Rogers' and Bell's 3rd tier brands are only 3G.  It only makes sense that Telus is trying to do the same, except they can't with so many people on the 12Gb/$120 90-day LTE plan.

Alvito

Make a newer tinfoil hat???

Cat Tongue

@dcylwa they are going to remove rewards

I have been saying it for a couple months now

Its coming

My only advantage is I have a bullet proof plan even once rewards are gone

Civic_E

@Alvitowrote:

Sucks for the people who switched over when it was 4gb for $40.

Sucks for the people who switched over when it was 5gb for $40.

I'll hold out until it gets to 10gb for $40.

@Alvitoagreed! I will also hold until they offer something like that too. even though i don't need that much data but it's certainly better than 12GB for 90days

Xevyn

@markuswarrenwrote:

I also just recived the text message about this.

What I'm curious about is why all the pressure to push people to Koodo? Yes, I know PM and Koodo are under the umbrella of Telus, and thus PM are trying to push people over to an obviously more profitable carrier.

It's rather annoying to get yet another message about how seemingly great Koodo is. If it was that great then guess what, I would have switched from Bell to them, rather than to PM.

Anyone would think they're trying to drop as many PM customers as possible and try and shut down PM as it's likey not as profitable for them any more.

Yeah that's the part that has me concerned - why such the hard push?

Do they really want to get rid of PM customers or PM altogether?  Or will they be crippling PM in the future (eg. support 3G only with no LTE support)?  

DavidNS

@dcylwawrote:

I'm willing to bet either loyalty will be removed or this is a scheme to get as many people off this plan so that the #'s are so low , they can cancel/raise eveyones grandfatherd plans . Which PM could not with such large backlash from before . Like you say , its all in the fine print . My .02

DING DING DING!!!!

Divide and conquer!  when the referal credit isn't as rich and neither is the customer base people have less incentive to stay.

mylabmax

Can someone send me a referral link?  Thanks

DavidNS

Anyone would think they're trying to drop as many PM customers as possible and try and shut down PM as it's likey not as profitable for them any more.

Oh its definitely profitable, just not as profitable as they want.  The poor executives might only be able to afford a house in the Hamptons instead of Montauk with their bonus this year.

DavidNS

Too bad its with Telus = Koodo = Public Mobile.

If this doesn't reek of desperation to get people onto their program where they can change rates at will, I don't know what does.

cricketfan

[quote] v3nice [/quote]

This plan only works if you port which means you will keep your PM number and PM account will be cancelled once you port. So temp # maybe at the start but eventually you'll have your PM number on koodo once ported succesfully

dcylwa

I'm willing to bet either loyalty will be removed or this is a scheme to get as many people off this plan so that the #'s are so low , they can cancel/raise eveyones grandfatherd plans . Which PM could not with such large backlash from before . Like you say , its all in the fine print . My .02

dr-et

terms and conditions,

the devil is on the details

each sold seperately  batteries not included

lol

Alvito

Personally, I'm waiting to see how this all unfolds. I don't know why PM is shifting customers to Koodo, but I'll continue to hold out until the deal is too good to pass up.

markuswarren

I also just recived the text message about this.

What I'm curious about is why all the pressure to push people to Koodo? Yes, I know PM and Koodo are under the umbrella of Telus, and thus PM are trying to push people over to an obviously more profitable carrier.

It's rather annoying to get yet another message about how seemingly great Koodo is. If it was that great then guess what, I would have switched from Bell to them, rather than to PM.

jono

This is getting nuts! If anyone wants an extra $100 off for activating online, PM me for a referral.

v3nice

Does anyone know if I will be getting a new number if I switch to Koodo, will my PM plan get cancelled automatically?

MCAN

So what does everyone think of this deal?

I remember some scepticism and complaints about the transparency of the $40 for 4GB plan (other than the whole PM backing out of their price guarantee fiasco) but how about this?

I remember people pointing out that the features of the plan are not as they seem. For example, the Canada-wide talk is only after 5pm. I don't know if this is true or not. Also, we don't have any price guarantee I assume.

Just looking for others' thoughts.

dr-et

hope someone reads the terms and conditions

canucks4life

Gonna be a long day for Koodo customer service lol

dr-et

now what? do we switch or wait.

what is behind all these.

why so desperate to move everyone to koodo.

any words of wisdom?

Alvito

Koodo / Public doesn't owe them anything. The new deal is for PM customers to Koodo, not Koodo to Koodo.

torontokris

@Alvitowrote:

They will still call Koodo customer support and ask for it anyway

Alvito

Need Help? Let's chat.