Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6GB for $40 now being offered for Koodo switch

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just got a text 6GB for $40

GOKOODO406GB

ublic Mobile here. Con: A deal this good won't last too long. Pro: 6GB for $40. That's right, an extra 2GB! We're all about giving you choice, so if you're craving more data for the same price, join Koodo by March 15. Get 6GB of data, unlimited text and unlimited Canada-wide minutes for $40/month plus you may qualify for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab. And get a one-time $100 bill credit! Offer valid for . Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO406GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

475 REPLIES 475

Free SIM cards?  Think of the possibilities!

piepie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

just a heads up, London Drugs is giving the sim cards away for free. Set up was easy and painless, porting was done in less than a few mins!

if anybody needs a referral link, PM me! 😄

@chakri264wrote:

@computergeek541wrote:

@coffeeaddictwrote:

For those who received their Sims already from the webstore, when did u place ur order online and how long did u have to wait till u got the confirmation email that your Sim is being sent?

I placed my order last Thursday but I still haven't received an email indicating they are processing or shipping my sim card. I tried emailing as well as calling but no response. In this case, is my order considered accepted?

I don't believe they're anywhere close to getting to Thursday orders yet.  I realize my situation is a little different because I ordered a phone as well, but I placed my order early in the evening  (6pm EST) on Tuesday and still no shipping confirmation.

Ironically, I tried to cancel the order becasue i decided to stay with Public Mobile but they said that the can't cancel it because it has already been shipped.  They haven't shipped anything yet, but apparently, they appear unable to remove my order from the shipping queue and they just told me to refuse the package.  But hey, if Koodo wants to waste dollars on shipping both ways, so be it. 

How did you try to cancel the sim order? Via phone or email? If you reject the package, what happens to already activated sim card?

It was actually a phone and sim order.  I e-mail them on Friday night but received no response, so I phoned them on Tuesday (March 13) night.  Koodo Webstore told me it was too late to cancel the order but to just refuse the package and when they get it back, I wouldn't be charged anything.  They also said a note was added to the order telling the webstore/activation people not to even activate my account and that I had changed my mind.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I ordered two sims

• saturday shipped monday arrived today (unactivated went instore to activate)
  • sunday and it was shipped today (likley un activated)

chakri264
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541wrote:

@coffeeaddictwrote:

For those who received their Sims already from the webstore, when did u place ur order online and how long did u have to wait till u got the confirmation email that your Sim is being sent?

I placed my order last Thursday but I still haven't received an email indicating they are processing or shipping my sim card. I tried emailing as well as calling but no response. In this case, is my order considered accepted?

I don't believe they're anywhere close to getting to Thursday orders yet.  I realize my situation is a little different because I ordered a phone as well, but I placed my order early in the evening  (6pm EST) on Tuesday and still no shipping confirmation.

Ironically, I tried to cancel the order becasue i decided to stay with Public Mobile but they said that the can't cancel it because it has already been shipped.  They haven't shipped anything yet, but apparently, they appear unable to remove my order from the shipping queue and they just told me to refuse the package.  But hey, if Koodo wants to waste dollars on shipping both ways, so be it. 

How did you try to cancel the sim order? Via phone or email? If you reject the package, what happens to already activated sim card?

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Foxjig1wrote:

PM-SIM-0 This code doesn't work on Koodo site....any alternatives?

I added the SIM card and tried to apply this promo code, is there a different way to do it?

Earlier I tried to add SIM and applied 40/6GB plan promo successfully but it did not let me add another promo........

Call into customer service request it be credited or take the $15 hit on the sim card.

@coffeeaddictwrote:

I don't believe they're anywhere close to getting to Thursday orders yet.  I realize my situation is a little different because I ordered a phone as well, but I placed my order early in the evening  (6pm EST) on Tuesday (March 6) and still no shipping confirmation.

Foxjig1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PM-SIM-0 This code doesn't work on Koodo site....any alternatives?

I added the SIM card and tried to apply this promo code, is there a different way to do it?

Earlier I tried to add SIM and applied 40/6GB plan promo successfully but it did not let me add another promo........

h3ccubu5

I waited 6 days then I emailed them. I think complaining helped to speed up the process.:p

That was on Tuesday and my SIM was delivered today. Unfortunately, I was at work so I missed  the Canada Post delivery

chakri264

@emailwendyhuangwrote:

I prefer to stay with PM,  no need pay for things I don't need; plus loyalty and preauthorized payment save additional couple of bucks. But worry about what PM is going to do next. Anyone has the same concern and still strugling switch or not?

I am with you brother. 

@coffeeaddictwrote:

I ordered last Thursday as well and have not received an email yet either.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

jaswest2754

PM if you need referral link for Koodo.

coffeeaddict
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

kelvin2016

Anyone send me the referral link please. thank you

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541wrote:

@mimmowrote:

So my unactivated sim arrived today.  Called Koodo to activate it. but in the end didn't. and he said if i don't activate it by tomorrow the offer is no longer available.  I am curious as to what will happen to sims that arrive unactivated after the 16th?  are they out of luck?

You could have been told that because they know you've already received your sim card and that since you've already spoken to them, they consider that you've already had a chance to activate.   I curious why you didn't activate if that's what you were calling in for?  Was the system activation system down? Did you not like something that customer service said to you?  Or did you just want more time to think about it.  I wouldn't test them on their statement of you only having until tomorrow to decide.  Since you spoke to them, they will a record of you talking to them about this, and could easiy use this as an excuse not to give you this plan.

As for people who have not yet received their sim card,  I would consider the plan to be part of the order and since they accepted the order, I would imagine that anyone who receive sim cards a few days later will be fine.    It would just be silly for Koodo to refuse these customers to get the plan.  If they did that, they'd essentially be turning customers away.  I'm not sure what the whole purpose of this promotion would be if they ended up doing that.

It seems to be a very disorganized move so far.

I transferred my line in-store a couple weeks ago - easy peasy.

Last week ordered two SIMs online for family, both eligible for the promo. Although got confirmation that both orders were received and then shipped only one account was actually setup (added as a second line) and the SIM that showed up was activated and ready to go.

The second did not have an account setup and the SIM also showed up. Because there's no account for it I had to call in and they took the SIM # (so it wasn't pre-activated) and created the account so it's all good now. Oddly I had to re-verify that it was eligible for the prom again while on the phone despite already doing that last week during the original order (and the subsequent email said that as well).

Even odder was that the web store called me last week before shipping both to verify that I wanted to add both as additional lines and not separate accounts.

@mimmo: What you got told was weird - I've been told by CS already that the promo plan is set when you first order the SIM and enter your code and number (what @computergeek541 has written). If you want I can send the transcript to you via private message if you need.

This is also the first I've heard that the promo ends tomorrow - I've seen it written here a couple times but not being said by a CSR (of course I may have missed a message that said so). And now I just read @srlawren's message about the end date too.

@srlawrenwrote:

The part I put in italics [my emphasis] would lead me to believe that people should be okay even if they don't receive their SIM in time, provided it was ordered in time.  However, they do also indicate that my SIM will arive pre-activated.  So, maybe that's the difference?  If you have to manually activate, maybe you might be in jeopardy of missing out?  I'm not sure.

----------------

On a related note:  I got my shipping notification today, finally!!

Some people are receiving sim cards that haven't yet been activated.  This could be a  step to prevent people from ordering the plan and then never porting in the phone number (or from ordering more than one plan with the same validation code).

srlawren

@mimmo interesting.  I got this email a few days ago from the web store:

Thank you for contacting us and for your interest in ordering your new phone with Koodo online! We appreciate the confidence you have placed in us.

First of all, we'd like to apologize for the delay in responding to you. We are currently receiving a higher than usual amount of emails and we're doing our utmost best to treat them as soon as possible. 

After checking your orders # HFOXXXXXXXX, we are happy to inform you that we started processing your order, right now; we're waiting for a “KOODO LTE TRIO SIM” to be assigned to your order. This step is usually done within 3 to 5 business days, but your phone may take up to 10 business days to be processed and it could take more or less time depending on this model's availability in our warehouse. If ever the phone is backordered, we'll let you know!

As soon as your order is completed, it'll be picked and shipped by Canada Post or Purolator. After that, you'll receive an email with your tracking number in order to monitor your package's delivery.

Please be informed that if you would like to have Koodo phone protection or Apple Care+, you will need to visit the nearest Koodo store within the first 60 days since the date of purchase, you can search the nearest Koodo store or retailer by clicking the following link: http://bit.ly/1TzVl1V.

Concerning your Sim card, it will be already activated when you will receive it. Be certain that if you were eligible to this promo which ends March 15th, you will get this offer.

We hope the information provided answers your questions! Do not hesitate to get back to us if you have additional inquiries.

The part I put in italics [my emphasis] would lead me to believe that people should be okay even if they don't receive their SIM in time, provided it was ordered in time.  However, they do also indicate that my SIM will arive pre-activated.  So, maybe that's the difference?  If you have to manually activate, maybe you might be in jeopardy of missing out?  I'm not sure.

----------------

On a related note:  I got my shipping notification today, finally!!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@emailwendyhuangwrote:

I prefer to stay with PM,  no need pay for things I don't need; plus loyalty and preauthorized payment save additional couple of bucks. But worry about what PM is going to do next. Anyone has the same concern and still strugling switch or not?

We could also wonder the same as to how long Koodo will allow customers to keep this price before changing things up.  Koodo could very well pull what the other carriers did by raising the price by $5/month about a year later. 

The loyalty, community, autopay, and referal rewards are very good at Public Mobile.  I don't believe that anyone can promise at this point that changes will never be made to those programs.

emailwendyhuang

@mimmowrote:

So my unactivated sim arrived today.  Called Koodo to activate it. but in the end didn't. and he said if i don't activate it by tomorrow the offer is no longer available.  I am curious as to what will happen to sims that arrive unactivated after the 16th?  are they out of luck?

You could have been told that because they know you've already received your sim card and that since you've already spoken to them, they consider that you've already had a chance to activate.   I curious why you didn't activate if that's what you were calling in for?  Was the system activation system down? Did you not like something that customer service said to you?  Or did you just want more time to think about it.  I wouldn't test them on their statement of you only having until tomorrow to decide.  Since you spoke to them, they will a record of you talking to them about this, and could easiy use this as an excuse not to give you this plan.

As for people who have not yet received their sim card,  I would consider the plan to be part of the order and since they accepted the order, I would imagine that anyone who receive sim cards a few days later will be fine.    It would just be silly for Koodo to refuse these customers to get the plan.  If they did that, they'd essentially be turning customers away.  I'm not sure what the whole purpose of this promotion would be if they ended up doing that.

mimmo

koimr1

@vicpchwrote:

Sorry if this was asked already. Does anyone know if this offer is for all who are on the 12gb /90 days for $120 or is it targeted?  Thanks

It should be available for everyone on that plan - just try the code out yourself (along with your phone number) and you'll see if you are eligible. 🙂

mimmo

@C_Mase I just tried it and it worked for me.

vicpch

Sorry if this was asked already. Does anyone know if this offer is for all who are on the 12gb /90 days for $120 or is it targeted?  Thanks

koimr1

Try a different browser, @C_Mase. Or use private/incognito mode on your "usual" one. What you're putting in looks like it's fine from the screenshots. 🙂

C_Mase

I tried adding a plan with the same result. 

capture.JPG

@C_Mase, clear browser cache or try another broswer.  Something weird going on with your end.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

C_Mase

Yep... I've message a moderator about the issue now.

capture.JPG

@C_Mase, you must pick a plan first and it won't be the promo plan as it isn't listed.  Add that plan to yoru cart it then asks Got a Promo Code?  Click that button enter the code and your phone number for validation.  It will say accepted and at the top of the screen it will say a special offer (or something like that)  Click the link and now the promo plan will be listed.  Select it and add to cart and it will ask you if you really want to switch to this promo offer.

srlawren

@C_Mase did you add a SIM card to your cart first and then enter the promo code?  It still seems to be taking the code when I tried it, and I copied and pasted the code right from your reply above:

KoodoPromo.png

EDIT: the process is:

- start at Koodomobile.com

- go to Shop menu, choose bring your own phone

- it will prompt you to add a SIM card to your cart; do that

- on th enext page, there is a little text that says "got a promo code?" click it and paste in the GOKOODO406GB code

- then enter your phone number below that to verify

- now you can visit the Shop menu, Plans page and see the promo plan highlighted as a "sweet deal"

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.