cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: 6GB for $40 now being offered for Koodo switch

I tried adding a plan with the same result. 

capture.JPG

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try a different browser, @C_Mase. Or use private/incognito mode on your "usual" one. What you're putting in looks like it's fine from the screenshots. 🙂

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sorry if this was asked already. Does anyone know if this offer is for all who are on the 12gb /90 days for $120 or is it targeted?  Thanks

Highlighted
Oracle

@C_Mase I just tried it and it worked for me.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@vicpchwrote:

Sorry if this was asked already. Does anyone know if this offer is for all who are on the 12gb /90 days for $120 or is it targeted?  Thanks

It should be available for everyone on that plan - just try the code out yourself (along with your phone number) and you'll see if you are eligible. 🙂

Highlighted
Oracle

So my unactivated sim arrived today.  Called Koodo to activate it. but in the end didn't. and he said if i don't activate it by tomorrow the offer is no longer available.  I am curious as to what will happen to sims that arrive unactivated after the 16th?  are they out of luck?

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mimmowrote:

So my unactivated sim arrived today.  Called Koodo to activate it. but in the end didn't. and he said if i don't activate it by tomorrow the offer is no longer available.  I am curious as to what will happen to sims that arrive unactivated after the 16th?  are they out of luck?

You could have been told that because they know you've already received your sim card and that since you've already spoken to them, they consider that you've already had a chance to activate.   I curious why you didn't activate if that's what you were calling in for?  Was the system activation system down? Did you not like something that customer service said to you?  Or did you just want more time to think about it.  I wouldn't test them on their statement of you only having until tomorrow to decide.  Since you spoke to them, they will a record of you talking to them about this, and could easiy use this as an excuse not to give you this plan.

As for people who have not yet received their sim card,  I would consider the plan to be part of the order and since they accepted the order, I would imagine that anyone who receive sim cards a few days later will be fine.    It would just be silly for Koodo to refuse these customers to get the plan.  If they did that, they'd essentially be turning customers away.  I'm not sure what the whole purpose of this promotion would be if they ended up doing that.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I prefer to stay with PM,  no need pay for things I don't need; plus loyalty and preauthorized payment save additional couple of bucks. But worry about what PM is going to do next. Anyone has the same concern and still strugling switch or not?

Highlighted

@emailwendyhuangwrote:

I prefer to stay with PM,  no need pay for things I don't need; plus loyalty and preauthorized payment save additional couple of bucks. But worry about what PM is going to do next. Anyone has the same concern and still strugling switch or not?

We could also wonder the same as to how long Koodo will allow customers to keep this price before changing things up.  Koodo could very well pull what the other carriers did by raising the price by $5/month about a year later. 

The loyalty, community, autopay, and referal rewards are very good at Public Mobile.  I don't believe that anyone can promise at this point that changes will never be made to those programs.

Highlighted

@mimmo interesting.  I got this email a few days ago from the web store:

Thank you for contacting us and for your interest in ordering your new phone with Koodo online! We appreciate the confidence you have placed in us.

First of all, we'd like to apologize for the delay in responding to you. We are currently receiving a higher than usual amount of emails and we're doing our utmost best to treat them as soon as possible. 

After checking your orders # HFOXXXXXXXX, we are happy to inform you that we started processing your order, right now; we're waiting for a “KOODO LTE TRIO SIM” to be assigned to your order. This step is usually done within 3 to 5 business days, but your phone may take up to 10 business days to be processed and it could take more or less time depending on this model's availability in our warehouse. If ever the phone is backordered, we'll let you know!

As soon as your order is completed, it'll be picked and shipped by Canada Post or Purolator. After that, you'll receive an email with your tracking number in order to monitor your package's delivery.

Please be informed that if you would like to have Koodo phone protection or Apple Care+, you will need to visit the nearest Koodo store within the first 60 days since the date of purchase, you can search the nearest Koodo store or retailer by clicking the following link: http://bit.ly/1TzVl1V.

Concerning your Sim card, it will be already activated when you will receive it. Be certain that if you were eligible to this promo which ends March 15th, you will get this offer.

We hope the information provided answers your questions! Do not hesitate to get back to us if you have additional inquiries.

The part I put in italics [my emphasis] would lead me to believe that people should be okay even if they don't receive their SIM in time, provided it was ordered in time.  However, they do also indicate that my SIM will arive pre-activated.  So, maybe that's the difference?  If you have to manually activate, maybe you might be in jeopardy of missing out?  I'm not sure.

----------------

On a related note:  I got my shipping notification today, finally!!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.