Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6GB for $40 now being offered for Koodo switch

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just got a text 6GB for $40

GOKOODO406GB

ublic Mobile here. Con: A deal this good won't last too long. Pro: 6GB for $40. That's right, an extra 2GB! We're all about giving you choice, so if you're craving more data for the same price, join Koodo by March 15. Get 6GB of data, unlimited text and unlimited Canada-wide minutes for $40/month plus you may qualify for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab. And get a one-time $100 bill credit! Offer valid for . Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO406GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

475 REPLIES 475

@Wonder_whywrote:

Koodo store no problem to give free sim

@mimmowrote:

The kiosk I went to would not. 

I recall a PM community member recently suggesting customers should go to Telus-owned Koodo stores (which are more interested in attracting long-term Telus business), not to franchise-operated Koodo stores (which tend to be more driven by immediate costs and profits).

I also recall a free-Koodo SIM card promo code being mentioned somewhere.

Foxjig1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Where is this kiosk? 

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Koodo store no problem to give free sim

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The kiosk I went to would not.

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Foxjig1wrote:

Can someone confirm is Koodo giving Sim cards for free for those with codes from PM? 

It's a hit and miss. I went to Walmart and the lady said not to even worry about a code, and just gave me a free SIM. I think it depends on how close they are to their quota... or whether they have supervisor accounts that allow them to override the charge for the SIM.

Foxjig1

It's unfair from telus first they make us pay for PM Sim and now for Koodo. Since they want us to move they should cover the Sim for such migrations. Moreover cost of manufacturing sims is less than $.0.03 why they want to Mint Money on this when they already can with disloyal customers from PM( who choose to leave) . 

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Foxjig1wrote:

Can someone confirm is Koodo giving Sim cards for free for those with codes from PM? 

Officially - no. You *might* be able to get a store to give you one for free or credit you but online most likely not.

Lots of anecdotes either way with customer service but I hear more "no" than "yes".

Foxjig1

ShrekFan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think I'm going to switch. Anyone want to PM me a referral code?

Foxjig1

Posted here just in case someone is interested 

@Foxjig1, not a place to ask for referrals for PM

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo

Coverage is the same as pm as it's the  same network.

Also no coverage going from  sprout lake to  before  Tofino.  Just was there today

Pm sent

Nitzka10

Can someone please send me a referral link? Also what is coverage on this mobile Network like? Does anyone have specific experience on coverage for Vancouver island?

@viviantung92wrote:

so the $100 bill credit is a one time thing. How does it work if my first bill isnt even 100dollars, probably just (15+40)+tax, which is around 62 bucks. What happens to the rest of the 40 bucks?

You'll have a negative balance owing.  This can be used to pay for the following month until it gets used up.

mimmo

@viviantung92wrote:

so the $100 bill credit is a one time thing. How does it work if my first bill isnt even 100dollars, probably just (15+40)+tax, which is around 62 bucks. What happens to the rest of the 40 bucks?

Stays as a credit for your next bill. 

viviantung92
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hopetindall

@mimmowrote:

I transferd my wife it was a hard decision but in the end the proper one.

this could be misinterpreted.  🙂

MyzMc

I was told small tab - though I think their major promotions are on large tab anyway.

I will also assume the $100 is the average value to "break-even" for the lost time on PM (most people have 2 months left I think who signed up in the fall) and the sim card.

The money toward a new phone isn't much.  If you are not a koodo customer, you can make use of any of their promotions throughout the year.

So really it's just the $25/referral which covers like 8 months and then you will pay more.

@MyzMcwrote:

And with most people getting $25 referral, this will only cover you for ~8 months (most people getting $3 off per month due to prepay and loyalty). After this period, you will be paying more for services you probably won't use. Further, you can only keep this plan on a BYOD/small tab so probably won't be eligible for any good promotions Koodo has in the future (eg: Black Friday, Boxing Day etc).

- Medium tab

- Plus the excess, if any, between $100 credit and lost time on PM account.

- current Koodo accounts have $100 credit toward phone purchases

And FYI I have no skin in this game; staying with PM.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

MEU_21

@MyzMcwrote:

And with most people getting $25 referral, this will only cover you for ~8 months (most people getting $3 off per month due to prepay and loyalty). After this period, you will be paying more for services you probably won't use. Further, you can only keep this plan on a BYOD/small tab so probably won't be eligible for any good promotions Koodo has in the future (eg: Black Friday, Boxing Day etc).

Everyone gets a $100 credit from Koodo for porting, plus you can take advantage of referrals from others (now $25), so, if you have no money stuck in PM, at the very least you will get a $125/12= $10 discount on your Koodo plan. But there are even better options out there that can stack.

MyzMc

MEU_21

@mimmowrote:

Mine still show 100$

You have to clear your internet cache. Whoever gets your referral link will now get $25.

mimmo

@MEU_21wrote:

@mimmowrote:

@MEU_21 how many lines did you transfer?  Only 2-3 referrals should make you reach your limit. No?

Just 1 line. All referrals are now $25.. lots of room. I also just switched on Friday. So it takes 12 to  reach the limit.

https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/public/home.pg

Mine still show 100$

MEU_21

@mimmowrote:

@MEU_21 how many lines did you transfer?  Only 2-3 referrals should make you reach your limit. No?

Just 1 line. All referrals are now $25.. lots of room. I also just switched on Friday. So it takes 12 to  reach the limit.

https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/public/home.pg

mimmo

MEU_21

I have lots left. PM for the link

dingdingmao

@mimmowrote:

@dingdingmao message sent

Thank you!

mimmo

@Luddite I think I am close to my limit. Just looking for one more. Anyone interested ? 🙂

@dingdingmaowrote:

Could anybody send me a referal link please? Thanks.

Everyone else look here as needed if @mimmo misses your post. Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo

@dingdingmao message sent

Need Help? Let's chat.