Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6GB for $40 now being offered for Koodo switch

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just got a text 6GB for $40

GOKOODO406GB

ublic Mobile here. Con: A deal this good won't last too long. Pro: 6GB for $40. That's right, an extra 2GB! We're all about giving you choice, so if you're craving more data for the same price, join Koodo by March 15. Get 6GB of data, unlimited text and unlimited Canada-wide minutes for $40/month plus you may qualify for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab. And get a one-time $100 bill credit! Offer valid for . Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO406GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

475 REPLIES 475

angelaseg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Get $100 referral credit when you sign up online, here is a referral if you need one:

PLEASE DO NOT POST REFERRAL LINKS THEY WILL BE REMOVED

torch

I switched about a week ago and was on 5GB / $40 plan. Called in this morning and the first girl wasn't able to make the switch, so passed me through to the Escalations girl, who happily switched me straight away. Now on 6GB / $40. yay!

Xevyn

@MrPantswrote:

Oh man. The offers to switch to Koodo just keep getting sweeter and yet more aggressive. All the chatter about shutting down PM/getting rid of rewards/dropping LTE service/future price increases is confusing and stressful. Also, as far as I can tell it is all speculation at this point. 

I would take this latest offer except I really like being on a prepaid 90 day plan. My data usage is typically way way below the 12GB for most of the year, however it ramps up considerably in the summer at the cottage. Unfortunately, PM was unable to provide me with past billing cycles' data usage, so I can't determine whether the 6GB per month offered on the latest Koodo plan will be enough for my summer usage. I have started keeping track of my monthly usage on a spreadsheet, but it will be several months before I have a useful level of data. So too late to take advantage of this offer, obviously.

Another reason I like being on prepaid so much is that I am often very close to the US border and am not sophisticated enough to be certain that I will not be accidentally roaming. This is impossible on the PM plan. I like the certainty of knowing that my phone will only accesss services I have paid for. This is also useful when I travel. I can't incur any charges because I stupidly turn on my phone when I land and get hit with  jet-lagged user brain dead roaming.

I was really happy with PM plans, rewards and community until their misguided attempt to raise the price on the Fall2016 90 day/12GB/$120 plan. Even though PM reversed this decision, now I feel uncertainty and a lack of trust with them. All these "switch to Koodo" offers aren't helping me feel confident in PM. All this to say that I really like the plan I have with PM and wish it could go on forever as was promised when I signed up.

I think I'm going to wait it out and see what comes down the pipe.  If they do decide to cancel PM or get rid of LTE on PM then I figure the worse that could happen is that they offer an equivalent post paid monthly plan with Koodo.  Sure I may regret not jumping on the 6GB promo but if it happens - this will pretty much guarantee that I will switch to a different provider as soon as a better deal comes along...

MrPants

Oh man. The offers to switch to Koodo just keep getting sweeter and yet more aggressive. All the chatter about shutting down PM/getting rid of rewards/dropping LTE service/future price increases is confusing and stressful. Also, as far as I can tell it is all speculation at this point. 

I would take this latest offer except I really like being on a prepaid 90 day plan. My data usage is typically way way below the 12GB for most of the year, however it ramps up considerably in the summer at the cottage. Unfortunately, PM was unable to provide me with past billing cycles' data usage, so I can't determine whether the 6GB per month offered on the latest Koodo plan will be enough for my summer usage. I have started keeping track of my monthly usage on a spreadsheet, but it will be several months before I have a useful level of data. So too late to take advantage of this offer, obviously.

Another reason I like being on prepaid so much is that I am often very close to the US border and am not sophisticated enough to be certain that I will not be accidentally roaming. This is impossible on the PM plan. I like the certainty of knowing that my phone will only accesss services I have paid for. This is also useful when I travel. I can't incur any charges because I stupidly turn on my phone when I land and get hit with  jet-lagged user brain dead roaming.

I was really happy with PM plans, rewards and community until their misguided attempt to raise the price on the Fall2016 90 day/12GB/$120 plan. Even though PM reversed this decision, now I feel uncertainty and a lack of trust with them. All these "switch to Koodo" offers aren't helping me feel confident in PM. All this to say that I really like the plan I have with PM and wish it could go on forever as was promised when I signed up.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@smp99wrote:
My issue with current $100 online referral system - I have 7 familiy members to move. In order to move everyone and take advantage of the self referring, we need to:

- order online
- wait for sim in mail
- activate
- refer next line

We have to do this 3 times to get everyone since you can only refer 2 others ($300 max). With the current backlog I doubt this will happen in time. No one needs the extra data and no one needs the Cda Wide. The only reason is the massive credits associated with this promo. Who knows when the $100 referral promo will end - could get caught in the middle there as well. But if we can't given the timelines, everyone is happy to stay and wait for the next promo.

We have one SIM ordered, if the delivery is slow as warned by Koodo, it will be a simple cancelation

i am having a similar question dilemma but only 2-3 lines.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
My issue with current $100 online referral system - I have 7 familiy members to move. In order to move everyone and take advantage of the self referring, we need to:

- order online
- wait for sim in mail
- activate
- refer next line

We have to do this 3 times to get everyone since you can only refer 2 others ($300 max). With the current backlog I doubt this will happen in time. No one needs the extra data and no one needs the Cda Wide. The only reason is the massive credits associated with this promo. Who knows when the $100 referral promo will end - could get caught in the middle there as well. But if we can't given the timelines, everyone is happy to stay and wait for the next promo.

We have one SIM ordered, if the delivery is slow as warned by Koodo, it will be a simple cancelation

jgorman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I got it 

jawkneej

I too switched when it was 5gb. Called in the other night and spoke to someone in loyalty and got my plan (and the wife’s bumped up to 6gb)

Side note, I am getting stronger signal strength in my home. Totally weird, but I’m absolutely sure of it. 

angelaseg

Only a few more days to get $100, here's a referral if you need one:

PLEASE DO NOT POST REFERRAL LINKS

angelaseg

Only a few more days to get $100, here's a referral if you need it:

PLEASE DO NOT POST REFERRAL LINKS

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Hen555wrote:

I was on 40/5GB and called them and they switched me to 40/6GB .

If asked tell them you have he code and have it handy.

Also talking about speeds...am I the only one who noticed Koodo is slower than Public Mobile? I recently had issues even using data as my data connection froze on me while trying to use the internet. I had to turn off and on LTE.

Also I am constantly 1 bar LTE and when calling it's not more than 4 bars 3G (mostly 3 bars). Public mobile was very close but I didn't notice it being this bad.

Just want to add to the others that I haven't noticed a difference either.

Although I don't think this affects calling but for data check your APN - it should now be set for Koodo but perhaps it's still on PM? I know mine changed automagically with the Koodo SIM.

Edit: Ugh, we should probably be doing Koodo support on their forums, not here. Sorry mods. 😞

fireapple

Please PM me if you would like a referral 🙂

ericdvan

@ShawnC13wrote:

@Hen555wrote:

Also talking about speeds...am I the only one who noticed Koodo is slower than Public Mobile? I recently had issues even using data as my data connection froze on me while trying to use the internet. I had to turn off and on LTE.

Also I am constantly 1 bar LTE and when calling it's not more than 4 bars 3G (mostly 3 bars). Public mobile was very close but I didn't notice it being this bad.

They are both using the same exact network.

Yup same network, shouldn't be different at all. I switched and hasn't notice a single diffence. 

@Hen555wrote:

They are both using the same exact network.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Hen555

srlawren

@ericdvan @sheytoon thanks for confirming.  Cheers!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ericdvan

I got in as little as a 12mins phone call (including being on hold). To anyone who is already on the 40$/5GB plan and wants 40$/6GB plan, call in and they should give it. For me it was really easily, I asked nicely and they said yes lol.

ericdvan

It's the exact same network. I switched and feel no difference in speed/signal strength at all.

@blingamo Just do it all online; SIM arrives in 5-10 days. Someone on RFD posted an excellent summary of the online activation process:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/targeted-public-mobile-12-120-koodo-6gb-40-no-referrals-2173603/297/...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

blingamo

London drugs was ( after 45 minutes)unable to make the switch to Koodo using the PM promo code; even with the help of a supervisor. At one point a PIN number was requested for the PM account where only a password is available.

Suggest for PM to extend thew Promo by a monthe so one can order the Koodo SIM on line and then do a On-Line application.

The Koodo Kiosks are too far away from my area.

I have suggested same to a PM moderator assuming PM management is listening in.

Xevyn

@JUNA1D5HAHwrote:

I am so confused. Not sure what to do.

If we stay with PM, what will happen eventually?

If we switch to Koodo, how long will we get to keep the $40/6GB plan?

This is  a real dilemma.

I currently have two accounts with PM and only paying $33 and $35 per month for the 4GB plan.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Please and Thank You.

I'm in the same boat.  I'm leaning towards staying with PM and if something really bad happens after March 15th then I'd rather switch to a different provider altogether instead of Telus/Koodo.  I feel like they are creating so much unnecessary stress/anxiety on both themselves and PM customers by offerring different promo offers.  Why not just offer all of us the same deal instead of having one promo one day and then another promo the next - this just reeks of underhandedness and doesn't leave me with a great first impression of Koodo.  If they could change promos that quickly/easily then what's stopping them from doing the same with the monthly plan??

@JUNA1D5HAH It is impossible to forecast what will come down the road. You must weigh the options, gain/loss, and decide for yourself. With 2 promo accounts you stand to be paid:

- $200 in transition credit ($100 each account)

- $300 in referral rewards ($100 for activating Koodo 1st line, $100 for yourself and for the second line that you activate)

Check out this thread: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Maximizing-referral-credits-when-going-to...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

JUNA1D5HAH

I am so confused. Not sure what to do.

If we stay with PM, what will happen eventually?

If we switch to Koodo, how long will we get to keep the $40/6GB plan?

This is  a real dilemma.

I currently have two accounts with PM and only paying $33 and $35 per month for the 4GB plan.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Please and Thank You.

@ToniCiprianiwrote:

@Wonder_whywrote:

@saje_wardwrote:

@Wonder_whywrote:

I don't have to pay for Sim card 😄😃👍👊

How?

@saje_ward Free SIM offer code is PM-SIM-0. 

But can combine with thr 6GB code?

Online, only one code can be used for an order.  But that doesn't really make a difference because PM-SIM-0 is reported by the Koodo order system as being invalid, regardless.

@srlawren, @Xevyn

On native Bell/Telus RAN, the coverage is identical.

I don't know much about the domestic roaming scenario, but I've also heard it's better with Koodo.

ToniCipriani
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Wonder_whywrote:

@saje_wardwrote:

@Wonder_whywrote:

I don't have to pay for Sim card 😄😃👍👊

How?

@saje_ward Free SIM offer code is PM-SIM-0. 

But can combine with thr 6GB code?

Xevyn

@srlawrenwrote:

@Xevyn did you read the responses to raptorfan in the subsequent replies?  They all agree as do I, Koodo will give you exact same coverage except actually even better coverage in a few remote areas where PM does not have access to the extended network.  @sheytoon can you please confirm?

Yeah, was just reading through them now.  I agree that it wouldn't make sense for PM to have more LTE bands than Koodo.

srlawren

@Xevyn did you read the responses to raptorfan in the subsequent replies?  They all agree as do I, Koodo will give you exact same coverage except actually even better coverage in a few remote areas where PM does not have access to the extended network.  @sheytoon can you please confirm?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Xevyn

He checked on willmyphonework.net and included screenshots in his post.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/targeted-public-mobile-12-120-koodo-6gb-40-no-referrals-2173603/348/#...

@srlawrenwrote:

@Xevyn that doesn't make any sense.  Where did that person read that Koodo and PM have different access to LTE bands??

srlawren

@Xevyn that doesn't make any sense.  Where did that person read that Koodo and PM have different access to LTE bands??

Need Help? Let's chat.