Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6GB for $40 now being offered for Koodo switch

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just got a text 6GB for $40

GOKOODO406GB

ublic Mobile here. Con: A deal this good won't last too long. Pro: 6GB for $40. That's right, an extra 2GB! We're all about giving you choice, so if you're craving more data for the same price, join Koodo by March 15. Get 6GB of data, unlimited text and unlimited Canada-wide minutes for $40/month plus you may qualify for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab. And get a one-time $100 bill credit! Offer valid for . Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO406GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

475 REPLIES 475

Wonder_why

I don't have to pay for Sim card 😄😃👍👊

Wonder_why

@panesargwrote:

Does the plan include unlimited calling?

@panesarg yes unltd Canada Wide Calling and Global texting 

ericdvan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Wonder_whywrote:

@ericdvanwrote:

Any one that already switched to either than 40$/4GB or the 40$/5GB able to get this deal???? Please respond if you were able/ not able to. I'm in the process to try and get it

@ericdvan I am able to get 1 extra GB Data which I have switch  from $40/5GB here the screen shots Screenshot_2018-03-02-23-45-45.png

Screenshot_2018-03-06-20-44-11.png

Screenshot_2018-03-06-20-44-35.png

Call Koodo rep 😃😄

Awesome thanks!!!! I'll let them know that I know they did it for other people like you, why not me as well.

@srlawrenwrote:

@X-Fileswrote:

Who can remember the promo code for Koodo SIM-Card ?  I saw it at forum before, but after  search can't find it , wired and  thanks for any tips. Robot wink

PM-SIM-0, apparently.  The online system didn't seem to let me enter more than 1 code, so I went with the GOKOODO406GB one instead, since it was more important to get the plan than to save the $15.  Maybe you can figure out how to apply both codes at once?

Limit of one code or not, the PM-SIM-0 code does not work online.  Perhaps it works at the retail store level, but I even if you just try the one code after just trying to purchase the sim card alone, the system returns with a response of the code being invalid.

Wonder_why

@ericdvanwrote:

Any one that already switched to either than 40$/4GB or the 40$/5GB able to get this deal???? Please respond if you were able/ not able to. I'm in the process to try and get it

@ericdvan I am able to get 1 extra GB Data which I have switch  from $40/5GB here the screen shots Screenshot_2018-03-02-23-45-45.png

Screenshot_2018-03-06-20-44-11.png

Screenshot_2018-03-06-20-44-35.png

Call Koodo rep 😃😄

@panesargwrote:

Do you have to pay $15 for SIM card if you activate online?

Yes, you will have to pay the $15 plus sales taxes.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@X-Fileswrote:

Who can remember the promo code for Koodo SIM-Card ?  I saw it at forum before, but after  search can't find it , wired and  thanks for any tips. Robot wink

PM-SIM-0, apparently.  The online system didn't seem to let me enter more than 1 code, so I went with the GOKOODO406GB one instead, since it was more important to get the plan than to save the $15.  Maybe you can figure out how to apply both codes at once?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

panesarg

Do you have to pay $15 for SIM card if you activate online?

@themisfitwrote:

@ericdvanwrote:

I was able to switch to this new plan from the 5GB. They’re being very sticky about it though. It took some sweet talking and I had to escalate. Basically if you ported over more than 15 days ago, they’re going to say no.

ps: private message me if you need a referral link.

If you don't like their first response to this request remember Koodo has 2'nd level customer support who can reach by complaining long enough. Also, calling back may reach a more accomodating rep.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

panesarg

Does the plan include unlimited calling?

themisfit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ericdvanwrote:

I was able to switch to this new plan from the 5GB. They’re being very sticky about it though. It took some sweet talking and I had to escalate. Basically if you ported over more than 15 days ago, they’re going to say no.

ps: private message me if you need a referral link.

missh3ru
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Ludditewrote:

@missh3ruwrote:

How does switching over to Koodo works? After I entered the code and everything, I get $100 bill credit. Can I still add a referral code/link and get another $100 = total $200 credits? If so, can someone message me with a referral code please? I might take the $40 6GB offer.

Thanks in advance! 🙂

Register for the referral BEFORE you activate the Koodo line. $100 only valid for online activations. You can use this one: https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/ZVe2gIi-LGaL8kz to register.

BTW: I am ineligible for this offer so have not completed the procedure.

Thank you so much! 😄

@missh3ruwrote:

How does switching over to Koodo works? After I entered the code and everything, I get $100 bill credit. Can I still add a referral code/link and get another $100 = total $200 credits? If so, can someone message me with a referral code please? I might take the $40 6GB offer.

Thanks in advance! 🙂

Register for the referral BEFORE you activate the Koodo line. $100 only valid for online activations. You can use this one: https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/ZVe2gIi-LGaL8kz to register.

BTW: I am ineligible for this offer so have not completed the procedure.

ericdvan

@longhimwrote:

None of this would be nearly as annoying if they would just communicate. I don't mean these happy rainbow-shooting unicorn SMS we're getting.

You need to raise prices? Okay, let me know ahead of time and give me time to act on it.

You don't want me to have time to move to your competitors? Offer something better. $40/6gb clearly appeals to some already. You're halfway there. Find an option for the others.

Now we're all unsure, taking guesses or holding out just in case. Meanwhile, Telus,  you're left waiting for people to switch. NOBODY wins.

Just treat your customers with a modicum of respect. Setting the deadline to Mar. 15 AGAIN is just flat out mockery. If you're going to offensive or "evil" at least be intelligent about it.

I'd say whoever is dictating your PR needs to be fired. But I assume you already fired them to save costs for this travesty to happen in the first place.

@longhim Right on! Robot Sad

longhim

None of this would be nearly as annoying if they would just communicate. I don't mean these happy rainbow-shooting unicorn SMS we're getting.

You need to raise prices? Okay, let me know ahead of time and give me time to act on it.

You don't want me to have time to move to your competitors? Offer something better. $40/6gb clearly appeals to some already. You're halfway there. Find an option for the others.

Now we're all unsure, taking guesses or holding out just in case. Meanwhile, Telus,  you're left waiting for people to switch. NOBODY wins.

Just treat your customers with a modicum of respect. Setting the deadline to Mar. 15 AGAIN is just flat out mockery. If you're going to offensive or "evil" at least be intelligent about it.

I'd say whoever is dictating your PR needs to be fired. But I assume you already fired them to save costs for this travesty to happen in the first place.

Macmarty

I just called Koodo and they will give you a SIM card for free if you go to a store.

I was also able to confirm that it is 6GB LTE data and not 3G data which is a big deal.

eh!

markuswarren

Additional to my other post. Some have mentioned things about rewards / loytalty / referrals going away, and also 3G data being what PM wants.

Both of these do somewhat make sense - to PM I mean. To us, it's confusing and annoying.

If people are going to see their discounted rate - due to referrals and other loyalty bonuses - decrease, which means their price goes up (granted it'd just go up to the $120 for 90 days that it originally cost - but you see what I mean) and that *could* cause them to want to jump ship if there is an enticing offer to Koodo.

That would mean less people on the Fall 2016 Promo (that's the correct one, right? 12GB/$120/90 days LTE - that the one I'm on about)

Other PM like networks are offering 3G data, presumably as it's cheaper, and / or LTE is only for the higher tier carriers - so here that would be Koodo and Telus.

With fewer people from the Koodo offers, they could think they might then get away with more, or example trying to lower it from LTE to 3G, because, you know, less people to complain.

Yeah, good luck with that plan. If it wasn't obvious there are a lot of very vocal people, and those who will more than likely still be here, as the promo plan could well still provide a better option than any other offers out there. Thus if something snekay is attemped (again! 😉 ) then a bigger fuss will be kicked up.

I know I'm not going anywhere, and if sneaky changes are attempted, I'll be very vocal about it everywhere. 

X-Files
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@rkrpmwrote:

I currently have the 120 day 12gb plan,

What If i opted out of getting promotional text messages would I still be eligible for this plan to switch to koodo? or do I have to opt in to get those texts, if so how to I opt back in to get texts from 513-3 (public mobile). THanks!

not necessary

If you are on a elgigible Public Mobile plan (fall promo 2016), the Koodo promo code will work online.

@Watokowrote:

I can confirm that the code will work online, and plan will show, as long as you have received the text message with the promo code personally. You need to choose a random plan first, and then type in the promo code when checking out, and then go back to choose your plan again to replace the placeholder plan you selected in the beginning.

You don't need to have received the text message for the promo code to work.  As far as I can tell, the only requirement, just as before, is for the Public Mobile customer to be on the Fall Promo 2016 plan.  I never received the text messages (becasue I am opted out) and I can sign up online if I choose to for the 6GB/$40 plan.

PhoneSeeker

@dcylwawrote:

I'm willing to bet either loyalty will be removed or this is a scheme to get as many people off this plan so that the #'s are so low , they can cancel/raise eveyones grandfatherd plans . Which PM could not with such large backlash from before . Like you say , its all in the fine print . My .02

Why would they bother increasing the rates with only a few people left? More profit to be made by increasing the rates of the people that switched to the Koodo promo plan.

Iminvic

Don't know what to think !!  Seems suspect to me and I wish PM would be transparent about future plans having pulled this in the first place.  They seem too anxious to offload customers.  4gb is more than enough for me so I'm leaning towards sticking it out, although I can see the temptation for those who need more data.  Haven't heard great things about Koodo myself.

ckl

Just got this text. Very tempted to switch. Not because I need the data, but because I'm kind of worried about what is going on with PM... The secrecy and the desparation does not inspire confidence.

missh3ru

Thanks in advance! 🙂

rkrpm

Thanks everyone who mentioned the code it works for me onilne, if you know others that are on koodo already get an extra $100 credit and have them refer you! then once you're on koodo refer other PM customers if they want to switch I think you can refer up to 3 customers $300 off, def worth trying!

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/refer-friend 

waelrezk

No, you will lose the rest of the balance that is why they are offering the $100 to cover it

waelrezk

No, you will lose the rest of the balance that is why they are offering the $100 to cover it

MK78

Well, this offer is good enough for me. Especially in summer months, I use more data.

I'll be going to Koodo early next week to switch, to maximize what I've paid into PM. This will put me on monthly, and I can easier make a choice down the road where to go.

@Martianmasterwrote:

@NDesai

hey. that worked, thank you. i was trying to do it in store however so i could get a tab to get a new phone, but atleast i can get the plan through this

Not sure about the tab, but in store rep should also use your number and get you that plan. If not, you can try asking that it is valid online. 

Need Help? Let's chat.