Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6GB for $40 now being offered for Koodo switch

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just got a text 6GB for $40

GOKOODO406GB

ublic Mobile here. Con: A deal this good won't last too long. Pro: 6GB for $40. That's right, an extra 2GB! We're all about giving you choice, so if you're craving more data for the same price, join Koodo by March 15. Get 6GB of data, unlimited text and unlimited Canada-wide minutes for $40/month plus you may qualify for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab. And get a one-time $100 bill credit! Offer valid for . Redeem at your nearest Koodo location or online at https://koo.do/gocustomer-service. Show this msg and use promo code GOKOODO406GB to redeem along with 2 pieces of ID. Your phone number is your validation code. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. Conditions apply.

475 REPLIES 475

@Martianmasterwrote:

@NDesai

hey. that worked, thank you. i was trying to do it in store however so i could get a tab to get a new phone, but atleast i can get the plan through this

You can arrange to have a tab setup online as well

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

longhim
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@saje_wardwrote:

I'm not going anywhere. The 12g/90 day plan has been serving hubby and I with no issues since fall 2016. I pay $118/90 days and he pays $121. We never go over on data and we have our own devices. There is zero incentive for us to get more data than we need. With koodo the taxes and service fees will make me pay more for something I don't need.

Nope. Sorry. Not biting.

Exactly. What I need isn't a $40/6gb plan, what I need is a $35/4gb plan. I don't care if the former is a better deal, I won't use that bandwidth anyway.

That, and the fact that this promo STILL stops being available on March 15. What's so special about that date?

saje_ward
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@p7474wrote:

I've recently payed for next 3 months period for my 3 accounts.

Is it possible to transfer my PM balance to Koodo?

Nope. You lose what you've paid for. That's what the $100 "bonus" is for.

Martianmaster

@NDesai

hey. that worked, thank you. i was trying to do it in store however so i could get a tab to get a new phone, but atleast i can get the plan through this

@Martianmasterwrote:

Hey, I have been a Public Mobile customer since 2016 and am currently on the Fall 2016 promo. I got the old texts about switching to Koodo in February, but did not get any texts today about the new 6GB/$40 plan. My friend who I referred back in 2016 who had the same plan as me got the text today and he switched. I went with him when he switched and Koodo informed me that I was not in their system for the promo. Is there something I can do about this? Someone I can talk to? I would really like 6GB for 40.

After adding the sim to the cart from here, try entering the promo code (GOKOODO406GB) and enter your phone number. You will be able to figure out if your number is qualified or not. 

Martianmaster

Hey, I have been a Public Mobile customer since 2016 and am currently on the Fall 2016 promo. I got the old texts about switching to Koodo in February, but did not get any texts today about the new 6GB/$40 plan. My friend who I referred back in 2016 who had the same plan as me got the text today and he switched. I went with him when he switched and Koodo informed me that I was not in their system for the promo. Is there something I can do about this? Someone I can talk to? I would really like 6GB for 40.

dr-et
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

same here

sitting with four accounts

p7474
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've recently payed for next 3 months period for my 3 accounts.

Is it possible to transfer my PM balance to Koodo?

saje_ward

I'm not going anywhere. The 12g/90 day plan has been serving hubby and I with no issues since fall 2016. I pay $118/90 days and he pays $121. We never go over on data and we have our own devices. There is zero incentive for us to get more data than we need. With koodo the taxes and service fees will make me pay more for something I don't need.

Nope. Sorry. Not biting.

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rkrpm, You could try online and see if the code works for your phone number. Otherwise, a trip to a Koodo booth should work for you.

rkrpm

I currently have the 120 day 12gb plan,

What If i opted out of getting promotional text messages would I still be eligible for this plan to switch to koodo? or do I have to opt in to get those texts, if so how to I opt back in to get texts from 513-3 (public mobile). THanks!

Watoko

Guess that works too, add anything to your cart first!

@Watoko buy SIM first, add to cart, THEN apply promo

No need to pick a random plan

@stonechucker Cat LOL

@stonechuckerwrote:

I typed Koodo wrong 😞  oopsie!!

Watoko

I can confirm that the code will work online, and plan will show, as long as you have received the text message with the promo code personally. You need to choose a random plan first, and then type in the promo code when checking out, and then go back to choose your plan again to replace the placeholder plan you selected in the beginning.

I typed Koodo wrong 😞  oopsie!!

Don't have the funds available until Friday... will attempt to redeem at that time on Friday, as I'm looking to get the Essential PH-1 with it!!

As TELUS abd KODOO are selling the PH-1 for $460 outright, should be no need for a credit check anyways!

Worst case scenerio, I stick with Public Mobile (for now) still have the plan I need (as oppsed to may want in the future), at a reasonable cost, and I get a new phone either way.

sbreakin

This new code worked for me online - although I didn't completely finish the transaction as it's my wife's account that I handle.

Upgrade from 4 / 5Gb version: And for those planning to call in to upgrade from the 4Gb or 5Gb, I just called in to check & the response was not available & that it is something offered by PM. He sounded a bit like he was reading from a script.

koimr1

@stonechuckerwrote:

I'm trying to do this online right now, but the CODE is not working!!!!  The SMS says it's good online or in person!

What gives?

Typo, perhaps? It should work - I just added my wife as a second line using that code (and she didn't even get the text!) and then called customer service and got myself switched to it as well.

@stonechucker it def should work online

I'm trying to do this online right now, but the CODE is not working!!!!  The SMS says it's good online or in person!

What gives?

cchung1778

Just send me a pm, whoever needs a referral link.

emailwendyhuang

It's so annoying that the company we are doing business with trys so hard to get rid of us.

Civic_E

@kav2001cwrote:

@stonechucker ask Koodo

Last time they implied we could bypass credit check for long time subscribers

I could not beleive it but they swear up and down some people are already "preapproved" however they do that

@stonechuckerwrote:

SO, my renewal is Sunday the 11th.  Keep my current plan, I'm good to early-mid June, on my Fall Promo 2016.  It's all I need, and it's prepaid.

I will need to read the terms on this promotion....  *IF* I can go prepaid with Koodo, I might walk.

They do a credit check and it appears in your credit history!

cchung1778

@mylabmaxwrote:

Can someone send me a referral link?  Thanks

Sent

@stonechucker ask Koodo

Last time they implied we could bypass credit check for long time subscribers

I could not beleive it but they swear up and down some people are already "preapproved" however they do that

@stonechuckerwrote:

SO, my renewal is Sunday the 11th.  Keep my current plan, I'm good to early-mid June, on my Fall Promo 2016.  It's all I need, and it's prepaid.

I will need to read the terms on this promotion....  *IF* I can go prepaid with Koodo, I might walk.

dr-et

the best way . nothing to fear but fear

DavidNS

Did some quick calling around for my area.  Bell wont move on their plans but virgin has an unadvertised 6GB for $60.  Not the greatest deal per se but they are on the Bell network.  Might be worth it to get the koodo plan just to eat up the referral credit so I can make the jump to the other two providers and lose less than a month.

dr-et

no need staying put with PM

thanks

Xevyn

@gachiwrote:

Yeah that's the part that has me concerned - why such the hard push?

Do they really want to get rid of PM customers or PM altogether?  Or will they be crippling PM in the future (eg. support 3G only with no LTE support)?  

Purely speculating, but that's my guess (3G only) since both Rogers' and Bell's 3rd tier brands are only 3G.  It only makes sense that Telus is trying to do the same, except they can't with so many people on the 12Gb/$120 90-day LTE plan.

If there are so many people with this plan and they try to make this change then a lot of lawsuits or a class action lawsuit could arise.  But if they get a whole whack of us to switch then they might live with the few of us remaining who still have LTE (similar to those few members who still have call center support).

Need Help? Let's chat.