cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5GB/$40 new Koodo offer for fall promo users

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

A new Koodo offer for 5GB/$40 for the PM $120/12GB fall promo users. 

GOKOODO405GBBPO

Most are saying in store only not online. So if you receive a call try and negotiate for 5GB.

Also people saying it's a medium tab.

267 REPLIES 267

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I tried switching to Koodo as well, and it was a mess. 

Guess your experience is really dependent on the representative. 

koimr1

@MVPwrote:

Oh, OK, thank you. In my mind, the upgrade to a $100 referral is only meaningful if it can be combined with the previous goodies of this offer (including a tab).

That's why  I wanted to clarify ...

Hehe, yes - I gotta look into this $100 referral thing myself.

I moved one line last week and got the promo's $100 credit plus a $50 referral, I still have two more lines eligible for this so if they also get that $100 credit and now a $100 referral with it then that's a no-brainer for me.

I'll have to see what I can find out, especially for tabs - I'm not a tab person myself but I can see the draw.

BigD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@PM

Please make sure every one can sign up 5GB/$40 (not 4GB/$40) new Koodo offer ONLINE so we all can move to Koodo without any confusions.

Please stop playing with your customers and make a clear offer!!

MVP
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@koimr1wrote:

@MVPwrote:

@koimr1wrote:

@MVPwrote:

@koimr1wrote:

@Camgsonwrote:

He said they only could give the promo that was tested to me. My number wasn't on the 5gb offer.

Go to the Koodo website and pretend to sign up for a BYOD plan (just pick any plan, you won't actually be buying it). ..

But isn't the current migration promo eligible for a small/medium tabs? If you go this way online, do not you forgeit your  tab eligibility?

You are NOT actually signing up for this promo online, it's just a check to see if you are eligible in the first place.

You can discuss tabs with the Koodo rep if/when you sign up.

Yea, but $100 referrals are only avaialble online, while the tab is not. So, then,

either you get $100 referrals, or the tab?

I think we are misunderstanding each other. 🙂

I was responding to @Camgson who was told in-store he wasn't eligible at all for the promo. The steps I wrote just tells him if he's eligible according to Koodo. Some reps don't seem to be willing to even try the code so this gives him some ammo to fire back if he's refused again and the site says he's eligible.

I don't know the details of the $100 referral thing or exclusion of tabs because of it - but both are moot points if he can't get the promo in the first place.

Oh, OK, thank you. In my mind, the upgrade to a $100 referral is only meaningful if it can be combined with the previous goodies of this offer (including a tab).

That's why  I wanted to clarify ...

koimr1

@MVPwrote:

@koimr1wrote:

@MVPwrote:

@koimr1wrote:

@Camgsonwrote:

He said they only could give the promo that was tested to me. My number wasn't on the 5gb offer.

Go to the Koodo website and pretend to sign up for a BYOD plan (just pick any plan, you won't actually be buying it). ..

But isn't the current migration promo eligible for a small/medium tabs? If you go this way online, do not you forgeit your  tab eligibility?

You are NOT actually signing up for this promo online, it's just a check to see if you are eligible in the first place.

Yea, but $100 referrals are only avaialble online, while the tab is not. So, then,

I think we are misunderstanding each other. 🙂

I was responding to @Camgson who was told in-store he wasn't eligible at all for the promo. The steps I wrote just tells him if he's eligible according to Koodo. Some reps don't seem to be willing to even try the code so this gives him some ammo to fire back if he's refused again and the site says he's eligible.

I don't know the details of the $100 referral thing or exclusion of tabs because of it - but both are moot points if he can't get the promo in the first place.

MVP

@koimr1wrote:

@MVPwrote:

@koimr1wrote:

@Camgsonwrote:

koimr1

@MVPwrote:

@koimr1wrote:

@Camgsonwrote:

MVP

@koimr1wrote:

@Camgsonwrote:

MVP

@smp99wrote:

Koodo may have up the ante again - but not directed to this PM migration specifically.

They are offering $100 referral credits to both parties if the activation is done online through the Koodo website  - so no crazy gift card promos on new phones (WalMart, WOW), but pretty good. 

Still holding on

Smiley Indifferent Still poker face!

P.S. Telus seems pretty pushy in their attempt to move Fall2016 folks off PM?

koimr1

@Camgsonwrote:

Go to the Koodo website and pretend to sign up for a BYOD plan (just pick any plan, you won't actually be buying it). You'll see a "Have a promo code?" link on the right - click it and put in the "GOKOODO405GBBPO" code and apply. Then you'll be asked for your PM phone number, enter it and apply again.

Page will reload and if you are eligible for the promo you'll see a $100 credit at the bottom of the page. You will NOT see the 5GB/$40 plan here - just the credit!

Clear your order - do not proceed with signing up, this was just a quick check to see if you are valid. Go back to the Koodo kiosk/store and tell them to enter the code again.

If you are not eligible and you are on the Fall 2016 Promo (either from 2016 or the Freedom-only promo from last summer) then call Koodo and explain. Just to be clear the plan is 12GB/$120/90 days.

On RFD some people have had to go to different kiosks/stores to get it for some reason (sales reps don't seem to want to enter the code).

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The new referral offer days online only does that include calling koodo? Because the 5gb promo code doesn't work nor does the free sim offer (can't use two promo codes at once)

Rockdaddy22

@chike99wrote:

Yes, they are now offering $100 referral credit to referer and referee. If you want a referral click on this link:

I edited this post. Thanks for the info but no referral links please. 

chike99

Yes, they are now offering $100 referral credit to referer and referee. If you want a referral click on this link:

smp99

Koodo may have up the ante again - but not directed to this PM migration specifically.

They are offering $100 referral credits to both parties if the activation is done online through the Koodo website - so no crazy gift card promos on new phones (WalMart, WOW), but pretty good. 

Still holding on

Rockdaddy22

@Camgsonwrote:

As far as I know that offer was never texted to anybody, apparently you just need to ask. 

fireapple
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Camgson Did you already activate on Koodo? I went to the Market Mall store on Friday and they gave me 5GB. I just had to remind the rep the 5gb code had 'BPO' whereas the 4GB one didn't when he told my number initially didn't work.

mimmo

I would try calling koodo instead of going to a store.

Camgson

mimmo

@Camgson did you get the 4gb promo offer? If yes you should be eligible as far as I know

Camgson

I went to koodo at Crossiron Mills Balzac, Albert and was told no 5gb for my number by the employee at store.

torontokris

@db519wrote:

Oops forgot my next question. I have no interest in getting a new device nor using tab. Do we still get 100$ credit directly to the bill? My wifes plan is up May 20th so we definitely ended up on a bad day in terms of pro-ration and the 100$ incentive helps. 

Yes the $100 was to make up for the money already paid into Public Mobile.

Most of us signed up on the last week so most of us just renewed and then got the text. The fact that most of us just renewed $120 and then PM seemed to want us to move didnt sit well with most.

MEU_21

@torontokriswrote:

@Wonder_whywrote:

@torontokriswrote:

@Wonder_whywrote:

@torontokriswrote:

Anybody able to get this without porting their number over? Would love to stay with pm but get a second line. 

@torontokris nope, would Heart to add new line for $40/5GB Cat Happy, is a steal for $40

I will even take the 4GB/$40 line. I mean its offered to me =), I just dont want to move my PM line. 

@torontokris I know but PM will jack up the price soon 90 days 12GB 

just browse PM price 15GB for 90 days $180 compare Koodo $40/5GB a month Cat Happy

And ive seen Koodo's prices as well... they are $65-$85 for a similar plan... so does that mean Koodo will increase the price as well?

Nobody knows what the future is, but PM will have to think twice, and get lots of advice before raising the price... sorry that rhymes

I think they had somewhat of a legitimate reason for raising the legacy plans by the $5-$10 since those plans included a call-in centre (that was the reasoning provided by PM), However, the 12GB/$120 plans do not come with a call-in centre, so if they raise the prices, they will have to do so across the board for ALL plans. Otherwise, the 12GB/$120 plans would be singled-out for what could only be interpreted as targeting increased profits - probably a no-no contracturally while being unfair and unreasonable.

db519

Oops forgot my next question. I have no interest in getting a new device nor using tab. Do we still get 100$ credit directly to the bill? My wifes plan is up May 20th so we definitely ended up on a bad day in terms of pro-ration and the 100$ incentive helps. 

torontokris

@db519wrote:

I see a thread about a 6GB/40$ deal going on right now, is that total BS?

Do we know when the 5GB/40$ deal expires? Is it March 15th?

Hoping to get to a Koodo kiosk this week so the wife and I can say "peace out" to PM. Glad that we all banded together to push-back the inevitable, but it seems the politics will be against us as the few. We are no longer "activists", we're just part of the machine 🙂

4GB $40 = March 15th

5GB $40 = April 1st according to most, but to be safe better to get it before the 15th just in case

6GB $40 = fake

db519

Thanks for the response. I'm definitely going to keep an eye on these forums with the same goal as many it seems on here:

Switch to a non-TELUS competitor as soon as a competitive offer is announced.

Godspeed everyone!

Rockdaddy22

Yes it’s BS

March 15 is the official end date.  We’ll have to wait and see if that’s really the end. 

db519

Hey guys. Long time no see. Can I quick a quick TL;DR? Really don't feel like scrolling through 2000+ replies on RFD mostly by people who aren't even PM customers lol.

I see a thread about a 6GB/40$ deal going on right now, is that total BS?

Do we know when the 5GB/40$ deal expires? Is it March 15th?

Hoping to get to a Koodo kiosk this week so the wife and I can say "peace out" to PM. Glad that we all banded together to push-back the inevitable, but it seems the politics will be against us as the few. We are no longer "activists", we're just part of the machine 🙂

torontokris

@Wonder_whywrote:

@torontokriswrote:

@Wonder_whywrote:

@torontokriswrote:

Anybody able to get this without porting their number over? Would love to stay with pm but get a second line. 

@torontokris nope, would Heart to add new line for $40/5GB Cat Happy, is a steal for $40

I will even take the 4GB/$40 line. I mean its offered to me =), I just dont want to move my PM line. 

just browse PM price 15GB for 90 days $180 compare Koodo $40/5GB a month Cat Happy

And ive seen Koodo's prices as well... they are $65-$85 for a similar plan... so does that mean Koodo will increase the price as well?

Nobody knows what the future is, but PM will have to think twice, and get lots of advice before raising the price... sorry that rhymes

@Wonder_why

We've all read the statement "While all good things must come to an end at some point – that point is not today" in the A letter from Dave.  As well as a few comments from PM staff which assure us PM is not going to disappear anytime soon.

Anything beyond that is speculation.  PM could change plans/prices with no more than 30 days notice - as could Koodo or any other carrier.  There are no guarantees beyond that.  The only way to gain stronger reassurance is to accept a longer-term (up to 2 years) contract, and even that isn't a real guarantee, it's only the first piece of paper you can present to an auditor, judge, or arbiter when challenging subsequent price increases.

I'm guessing that Telus, PM, and Koodo are going to be more cautious in how they implement any customer restructuring in the future, at least for a while so that the recent fiasco gets buried and forgotten.  Which is to say that I'm guessing PM will be very careful about what they promise and how they deliver on those promises for a while.

Besides, it's a prepaid 30-day or 90-day plan.  If it goes sour or something better comes along then there's no obligation for the customer to stay with a bad deal.  Better to accept "what can I get right now?" than to be forever discontented about "what am I missing out on right now?".

Wonder_why

@torontokriswrote:

@Wonder_whywrote:

@torontokriswrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.