cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5GB/$40 new Koodo offer for fall promo users

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

A new Koodo offer for 5GB/$40 for the PM $120/12GB fall promo users. 

GOKOODO405GBBPO

Most are saying in store only not online. So if you receive a call try and negotiate for 5GB.

Also people saying it's a medium tab.

267 REPLIES 267

Camgson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I followed the instructions after receiving a new text and went back to koodo crossiron Mills tonight to switch my plan to $40 for 6gb unlimited national calls unlimited messages.

+ $100 bill credit

+ Medium tab eligible picked up Samsung Galaxy A5 0 down 15 x 24

+ $50 referral submitted

I am sad to leave public mobile however my data has been close each 90 days to 12Gb so 6gb per month will work better for me.

Thank you Public Mobile for your service while I was your customer.

Screenshot_20180306-211835.png

torontokris

@koimr1wrote:

What are you going to tell Koodo customer service that you were denied a 5GB plan that wasnt announced, wasnt sent to you? Yes customer service may help you out over the phone to switch to the plan if you have a sim card already. 

But I was called about it. 🙂 And I still have the voicemail with the store's location and rep's name (although I didn't use that store and rep for my first switchover as it's not even in my town - I went to a local Koodo store with the spiel above). And both my wife and daughter got the same call that day (last Tuesday or  Wednesday) as well.

If you haven't gotten a similar call and want to switch, it's not going to hurt trying.

I apologize I forgot about the call. Luckily mines on Voicemail 😃 Maybe your location is the same as mine wont keep the promise. Just tell them oh where is the nearest Koodo dealer in this mall, ill go to them instead

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@torontokriswrote:

@koimr1wrote:

@Korthwrote:

I think the best approach (which is what I took) is to go to a store, be friendly and smile then say, "I'm with Public Mobile but I got a phone call from Koodo offerning me a 5GB plan for $40. I was told to go to a store and tell you to enter this code: GOKOODO405GBBPO and for you to call them directly if there's any problems."

The rep I dealt with wasn't aware of the code herself but was willing to try it and lo and behold it worked as it was supposed to.

If they absolutely refuse to even try the code then feign surprise and go to another store or go home and call Koodo's customer service and say you were refused by this store, what should I do, etc.

What are you going to tell Koodo customer service that you were denied a 5GB plan that wasnt announced, wasnt sent to you? Yes customer service may help you out over the phone to switch to the plan if you have a sim card already. 

But I was called about it. 🙂 And I still have the voicemail with the store's location and rep's name (although I didn't use that store and rep for my first switchover as it's not even in my town - I went to a local Koodo store with the spiel above). And both my wife and daughter got the same call that day (last Tuesday or  Wednesday) as well.

If you haven't gotten a similar call and want to switch, it's not going to hurt trying.

torontokris

@Korthwrote:

lol, well all the trash talk about these Koodo reps in these forums (not all of it by me!) compelled me to actually go talk to one firsthand.  I opened with "here's what I get and what I pay with PM, can Koodo beat it?", our subsequent dialogue ranged from detail to detail and a variety of non-answers to my questions (along with a variety of non-agreements to his offers), somewhere in there we talked about PM promos and referrals ... and <insert emoticon of shameful disgrace here> it seems I somehow allowed snippets of his "information" to bypass my usual cynicism, lol.

Some reps are great. Not saying they arent. Just the ones who want to over-exagerate / misrepresentation (PM is going out of biz, promo ends today etc) etc. I guess its the same in any sales industry there are honest ones, then there are ones who will say anything to make the sale.

torontokris

@koimr1wrote:

@Korthwrote:

I think the best approach (which is what I took) is to go to a store, be friendly and smile then say, "I'm with Public Mobile but I got a phone call from Koodo offerning me a 5GB plan for $40. I was told to go to a store and tell you to enter this code: GOKOODO405GBBPO and for you to call them directly if there's any problems."

The rep I dealt with wasn't aware of the code herself but was willing to try it and lo and behold it worked as it was supposed to.

If they absolutely refuse to even try the code then feign surprise and go to another store or go home and call Koodo's customer service and say you were refused by this store, what should I do, etc.

koimr1

@Korthwrote:

lol, well all the trash talk about these Koodo reps in these forums (not all of it by me!) compelled me to actually go talk to one firsthand.  I opened with "here's what I get and what I pay with PM, can Koodo beat it?", our subsequent dialogue ranged from detail to detail and a variety of non-answers to my questions (along with a variety of non-agreements to his offers), somewhere in there we talked about PM promos and referrals ... and <insert emoticon of shameful disgrace here> it seems I somehow allowed snippets of his "information" to bypass my usual cynicism, lol.

torontokris

@Korthwrote:

@koimr1

I heard it from a Koodo rep at Cottonwood Mall in Chilliwack.  But you're correct, there's no mention of Tabs anywhere within the Koodo terms.  I'd prefer written legalese over spoken sales pitch any day when their information conflicts.  My above post edited to correct this misinformation.

And one thing we learned recently koodo store reps don't lie right (public going out of business etc). Sounds like they wanted you to get a phone. And the $100 is for online sign ups.. So guess who loses commission. The store rep.

@koimr1

I heard it from a Koodo rep at Cottonwood Mall in Chilliwack.  But you're correct, there's no mention of Tabs anywhere within the Koodo terms.  I'd prefer written legalese over spoken sales pitch any day when their information conflicts.  My above post edited to correct this misinformation.

koimr1

@Korthwrote:

@Hen555wrote:

Can we refer another "fake" line ...get the $100+$100 and cancel the line after the other account starts costing money.

This way we would gain 100 bucks on our main account and not lose anything on the other account if the bill is under 100 bucks.

Is this a hack

I'd call it an exploit.

But it turns out to be nonviable anyhow.  These Koodo referrals are only valid if both numbers have Tabs and remain with Koodo for 90 days, there's no way the "fake" line could amont to <$100 in any event.  And the referrals are credited to account balance, not paid out as cash - although I suppose it's not impossible to get different arrangements from different Koodo reps, if you're persistent.

Where did you hear that? The terms and conditions I linked above don't mention needing tabs.

@Hen555wrote:

Can we refer another "fake" line ...get the $100+$100 and cancel the line after the other account starts costing money.

This way we would gain 100 bucks on our main account and not lose anything on the other account if the bill is under 100 bucks.

Is this a hack

I'd call it an exploit.

But it turns out to be nonviable anyhow.  These Koodo referrals are only valid if both numbers have Tabs and remain with Koodo for 90 days, there's no way the "fake" line could amount to <$100 in any event.  And the referrals are credited to account balance, not paid out as cash - although I suppose it's not impossible to get different arrangements from different Koodo reps, if you're persistent.

Hen555

What's fraud is what public mobile did to us by promising "no surprises" and then out of no where texting us that the price is going up to our precious plans that we all were comfortable with.

Let's not forget we are all here for deals and fair service. I am only asking the question on if 2 lines could work so that we can take advantage of our situation while following the rules and policies set by the vendor. Companies should follow their own rules too and keep their promises or they lose loyalty/respect.

skifan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@kav2001cwrote:

No way @skifan

Koodo terms are quite clear; activate and get a $100 credit

There is NOTHING in terms that says you must remain a client for 90, 180, 365 days after the fact

Anyone who throws around the "fraud" word needs a dictionary Cat LOL or a lawyer to explain it to them

The OP of this scheme proposed the following:

"Can we refer another "fake" line ...get the $100+$100 and cancel the line after the other account starts costing money."

The definition of fraud, from Google, 

"a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities."

These two quotes seem to compliment each other.

Whether Koodo allows or disallows this practise, is irrelevant to the original proposal to use a fake account.  The intention was clear and should not be permitted or condoned by anyone.

@koimr1 good catch Cat Surprised

Still not fraud then since Koodo says in terms they have a policy to charge back though

koimr1

@kav2001cwrote:

No way @skifan

There is NOTHING in terms that says you must remain a client for 90, 180, 365 days after the fact

Anyone who throws around the "fraud" word needs a dictionary Cat LOL or a lawyer to explain it to them

Actually there is:

"To be eligible for the referral credit, both of you must have active service with Koodo when the credits are applied. The person being referred must keep their account active for 90 days after activating. If service is terminated within 90 days of activating, the bill credit will be charged back to both their account and the account of the person who referred them."

Source: Koodo Refer-a-Friend Terms & Conditions

No way @skifan

@skifanwrote:

@Hen555wrote:

@skifanwrote:

@Hen555  I would suggest that practise would be considered fraudulent and should not be something discussed on this forum.

I do not believe it is fraudulent if it is not part of the policy. It is perfectly legal to have 2 phones...just google the song.

What you are proposing is to set up a new line, then cancel it after receiving $100 in credits.  Many would consider receiving a benefit under false pretenses to be fraudulent.  But, you go ahead and justify it to yourself anyway you want.  

skifan

@Hen555wrote:

@skifanwrote:

@Hen555  I would suggest that practise would be considered fraudulent and should not be something discussed on this forum.

I do not believe it is fraudulent if it is not part of the policy. It is perfectly legal to have 2 phones...just google the song.

What you are proposing is to set up a new line, then cancel it after receiving $100 in credits.  Many would consider receiving a benefit under false pretenses to be fraudulent.  But, you go ahead and justify it to yourself anyway you want.  

Hen555

@skifanwrote:

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Hen555wrote:

Is this a hack

May be it won't qualify because with fake account you still need to put your real name, address, credit check...etc.

skifan

Hen555

Is this a hack

$75 gain to avoid a kiosk when activating! Too bad Koodo limits referral credits to $300/year. Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

torontokris

More people are going to get confused with the $100-online referal. The original migration offers includes $100 (for the time lost on PM) and now this is another $100 for signing up being referred online... 

Sounds like Koodo is trying to see how they can move initiation online instead of via the stores.

@Hen555 Basically

More often though the Tab also gives a slight discount on hardware (saves $100 to $200 off cash price)

Going on Tab usually nets you extras as well; free or discounted accessories, store gift cards or cash back incentives etc

@Hen555wrote:

The Tab just gives you the option of getting a subsadized phone and paying some of it over an interest free loan?

ToniCipriani

@Acekillerwrote:

the extra $100 could be game changer

You can't combine the $100 with the $40/5GB. $40/5GB is in-store only, $100 is online only.

Acekiller

the extra $100 could be game changer

ToniCipriani

@Hen555wrote:

So you either get $100 or a tab? I am still confused on the tab...

The Tab just gives you the option of getting a subsadized phone and paying some of it over an interest free loan?

I am on the 5GB Koodo plan and just pre-ordered the Samsung Galaxy S9+ on the medium tab and they offer me $150 as a promo if i preorder before 150 on a tab...so i got $150 in my case compared too $100 no tab.

Also I did use the previous $50 referall deal but like i said previously these are likely not to get approved for us since we are refered to by Public mobile not your koodo friend or forum friend. This is what Koodo support told me.

I think when people are saying "tab" they are referring to the Medium Tab eligible $40/5GB plan, which is in-store only. The previous promo code gives $40/4GB and small Tab only.

So far I gathered that it's either you get the $100 referral but is online only (thus making it eligible for the $40/4GB), or $25 referral in-store for the $40/5GB (if you manage to convince the store to do it).

Hen555

So you either get $100 or a tab? I am still confused on the tab...

I am on the 5GB Koodo plan and just pre-ordered the Samsung Galaxy S9+ on the medium tab and they offer me $150 as a promo if i preorder before 150 on a tab...so i got $150 in my case compared too $100 no tab.

Also I did use the previous $50 referall deal but like i said previously these are likely not to get approved for us since we are refered to by Public mobile not your koodo friend or forum friend. This is what Koodo support told me.

koimr1

@MVPwrote:

@koimr1wrote:

@MVPwrote:

Oh, OK, thank you. In my mind, the upgrade to a $100 referral is only meaningful if it can be combined with the previous goodies of this offer (including a tab).

That's why  I wanted to clarify ...

Hehe, yes - I gotta look into this $100 referral thing myself.

I moved one line last week and got the promo's $100 credit plus a $50 referral, I still have two more lines eligible for this so if they also get that $100 credit and now a $100 referral with it then that's a no-brainer for me.

I'll have to see what I can find out, especially for tabs - I'm not a tab person myself but I can see the draw.

Me neither (a tab person), but in the case of moving to Koodo  I want to make sure to  collect all the  prizes on the way. So far, I like the tendency I observe, i.e. Telus increasing the  overall value of migration bonuses, means they are in a hurry/desperate.  Still peacefully watching the whole  process from my couch, though 🙂

Looks like we are gonna have to wait for more details on this one. The refer site says this:

Quick tip! Going in-store will get you both a $25 bill credit, but if you do it online, you’ll both receive $100 bill credits!

Seeing as the 5GB plan is not available online then it rules the $100 out.

A possible option would be to get the 4GB promo plan which IS available online with code "GOKOODO404GB" and then after the fact try and get customer service to switch it to the 5GB plan. I dunno, seems risky if they refuse and it may well be that it's intentional that this isn't for the 5GB plan.

MVP

@koimr1wrote:

@MVPwrote:

Oh, OK, thank you. In my mind, the upgrade to a $100 referral is only meaningful if it can be combined with the previous goodies of this offer (including a tab).

That's why  I wanted to clarify ...

Hehe, yes - I gotta look into this $100 referral thing myself.

I moved one line last week and got the promo's $100 credit plus a $50 referral, I still have two more lines eligible for this so if they also get that $100 credit and now a $100 referral with it then that's a no-brainer for me.

I'll have to see what I can find out, especially for tabs - I'm not a tab person myself but I can see the draw.

Me neither (a tab person), but in the case of moving to Koodo  I want to make sure to  collect all the  prizes on the way. So far, I like the tendency I observe, i.e. Telus increasing the  overall value of migration bonuses, means they are in a hurry/desperate.  Still peacefully watching the whole  process from my couch, though 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.